xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wenster

Do You Have Any Best Friend(s)? How did they become your best friend?

I have one best friend that I've met in college. The one thing that brought us together was my insecurity to feel accepted by everyone during the freshmen year so I compensated by making jokes that apparently Steven (best friend) laughed at the most. We just connected. He's one of those strong tough people in life that rarely show their emotions and I guess I "hit his spot" lol. We talk about a lot of things and sometimes when were not we just blurt out random stuff. He knows a lot about me and I know alot about him. We share lots of things. I've come to love this doode. lol. I know it sounds really cheesy. Loving another guy besides a paternal love I never imagined could happen to me. I'd happily give up my life for his happiness. Were room mates in college too. I can definitely imagine him still a great part of my life even if we don't see each other for a very long time. I think best friends are those that you don't have to speak to for a long time but when you do you just talk on like normal and no awkwardness.

Edited by wenster (see edit history)

Yea, I have a few really good friends, but Scott is definitly my best friend. I met him freshman year of highschool and now I love him as my own brother. It's going to be hard when he goes to a northern university and I stay here, but I'm definitly going to still hook up with him every now and then. I don't know what I would be without him. He brought me to God and helped me through alot. It is because of him I have such a great life. So yea, he's definitly my best friend.

Hello,My best friend is my boyfriend actually,We started as friends then bestfriends then lovers At a point in my life I had major depression and even living a day longer was hard and a miserable process. He used to call me to know how I was...He made me independent and made sure I was not dependent on anyone but myself and one day while we were reading a book together we sort of talked out our relationship and now we are going out.I have very few best friends for I usually do not trust people very easily, There was another guy whom I had trusted but he had to leave me for another place so I have no contact of him anymore nad I miss him and I loved him to death.I have a few girlfriends who are close but one girl is my best friend, she is supportiing and nice and very helpful.

My best friend is my fiance. I've had many other friends, but they drift away after time. He's the only one who's been by my side for years and has never called me weird even when I spoke to my plants. (A scientific theory says positive or negative energy can affect anything made of water. Plants are full of water, so I see that saying positive things to them will make them grow faster and survive longer.)

Yea Best friends are the best things ever.I can remember when I met my first best friend his name was Peter but I moved three months later. :unsure: But thats life.

I guess I shouldn't really say best friends because I've got a few friends that I like the most. Most of them I just met when I was really young and after a few years we just became real good friends. Mostly because we have lots in common. On of my friends is one of my good friends mostly because we like to spar with each other a whole lot so we blow of a lot of steam when we spar. We alos like basically the same thing, Japanese girls, Anime, Manga, increasing our strength, and so on. Most other friends are like this, but I don't spar with them much, lol. A big thing that has helped me make new and cool friends is anime. Thats one huge thing we all have in common. Another thing is that we never show our emotions, we suck it up and move on, thats just the way it is. We're like the tough people, if someone makes fun of me or the friend that I like to spar with, we make fun of them back and put them in their place. If someone hits me and the friend I like to spar with, we hit him back ten fold. Thats the way it is and I doubt it's going to change.

Well, I don't really have any friends whom I know for more than a year or two, the ones I have, they never really understood me well and they hardly know a thing about my personal life and the way I am, but still we all get along quite well and I do feel kinda good with them.1) You can call him my best friend but again he hardly knows about my personal life and mostly hates the things I do but I say he's kinda confused. :) He has been my friend for over 4 years now, we used to be alot alike, the only guys who were interested more into computers and technology than girls in my school. :( Then we got into hip-hop together and even got over it and now we both are completely into rock together, I mean we are kinda passionate about it, he is for guitar and I am for bass. We both do have somewhat similar views on things but this has been changing lately. He is more into metal and hates punk, I am into punk and don't really like metal that much. :) I have had some great times while hanging out with him which I don't do much but whenever I do, it's always so much of fun! :( Don't know whether I should really call him my best friend but you can say he understand half of me but isn't even aware of half of me!2) My girlfriend, I met her like some 7 or 8 months ago and I know this is definitely not a good time to make someone a best friend or moreover a girlfriend! But I don't know, just from day one (We had a chat of 7 hours from 9 PM to 4 AM...) I was totally into her. She really understands me well and I understand well too as she says, we aren't similar but we do have a lot of similarities in small little things which many people over-look. :)Basically there isn't much gradience in my friend circle, some people just don't understand me, but still they're my friend and we've been together, don't know what's keeping that up and many others who understand me to the fullest and I share each and everything with them!

Unlike majority of the people in this thread, I, for one, do not have a best friend, at least, not at the moment.

Back in high school, I did have one whom I could really consider my best friend. He knew me and I could say, to a certain degree, I also knew a great part of him. A teacher once called us cousins, 'coz we always hanged out together. We also talk about things not typical in a typical high school conversation (in our culture, of course), like blackholes, shadows and illumination, alien life in Mars and Venus, or even why girls cannot pee standing up :)

Well, what happened? We crossed the line between friendship and intimacy. Things didn't work out and we had a falling out. Earlier last year, we re-established contact and, while we could easily get back into our usual witty banter from time to time, we never really got back into the way things were. As it is, it seems like we are both carrying the fragile glass sculpture called 'civility' XD

Probably, the reason I don't have much of a best friend is because I don't have a large circle of friends. I can count the people whom I really consider my friends. I do, however, have a large circle of warm acquaintances and an even larger circle of mere acquaintances.

But then again, for all we know, such circles may not exist :)

honestly, i dont kno how any of my friendz actually became my friendz... i cannot recall how i got so close with most people i call my friendz :) i dont even kno how my best friend became my best friend

I don't believe in whole that "best" friend stuff. You can have friends of course, but i don't think that there are people that wouldn't turn your back if you give them something that they can't resist in return. I'm not talking about money, or sex. Everyone can find themselves in place where they need to choose between self and someone else. Rarely those persons whom you can call best friends choose you instead of them. Personally i don't like people who sacrifice them selves for others. They are just lame, couse they feel everyone is going to think they are better person if they always help.No i don't have Best Friend. And not at all best friend's. I mean how can there be best Friend's? What are they Best with then?Your family is your best friend and it always should be. OK, there are exceptions, i know that, but in most cases brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers should be your best friends.

Edited by matak (see edit history)

I have best friends yeah, but I don't consider them that. I consider them more of really good friends that are always there. Because at my school theres always this problem about who is who's best friend and it bugs a lot of people and all it tends to do is tear friends apart. But how I became friends with any of my "really good friends" I don't know. It just kind of happens when you realize someone's going to be there so you can tell everything to. :P