xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Terminator 4, 5, 6 Oh My

Well the news somewhat is brand new and that a Terminator 4 movie will be coming out and this time it will be in the future :(. All I have to say it should have stopped at 2 I don't know why but 3 just seem disappointed with a lot of plot holes and what not, but of course the way 3 ended we would have eventually expected to see a 4th movie but this time in the future. However, from what I read they will pull a star wars and most likely the 4th movie will be about the beginning, the 5th movie the actual sending of the terminators and 6th movie I would go as far as to say the final victory over the machines to finish this franchise. I would say that would make the most sense on how to spread out those 3 movies, when and if they decided to go with the future trilogy past Terminator 4.But how would they be explain the the future since the whole plot of the terminator franchise of the future is a paradox in it's own little way. I never read the books, but most likely they could answer some of the questions that people want answer to.Although this would be speculation as to how these three movies will go, but I would say the ending of the 4th movie that they found out the machine discovered time travel and thus set up Terminator 5 in which they send Reese and the two terminators back Of course we found out in Terminator 3 that john dies ,so one would speculate that at the end of the 5th movie he will meet his demise and most likely Karen Brewster will become top dog as the final battle against the machine begins in Terminator 6. Of course I be really really shocked if I got that right :unsure:, but of course Terminator 3 flopped and if Terminator 4 flops you could kiss Terminator 5 and 6 good bye. Either way we really won't see anything about terminator 4 till the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 when they plan to release T4.Now let me talk about this tv series, it won't get any further then maybe 2 or 3 episodes, because reality tv will prevent this from being any good, and the money that will be spent will be in the millions because there will be no way they can be cheap with special effects. But the tv series will during hte events of terminator 2 and terminator 3, so I doubt any terminators will be seen. Either way I don't see it going to far then a couple of weeks once the bad ratings come in.

Well I thought that basically Terminator 3 was just laying down the story that leads up to Terminator 4. That's what I was thinking. I've heard nothing that would really indicate that they will try to pull a "Star Wars", but then again I don't really read up on movies that much. I'm a more read when it comes to video games. ^^'

Interesting enough James Cameron lost the rights when Linda Hamilton won the Terminators right in there divorce and then later sold them and old top of that whoever had them last just got bought by Halycon Group, so james camera pretty much has no so say except for the fact he started it all. Also Arnold has some movie rights to the franchise but I do believe he sold that off. With concern wit hte Terminator 3 story he had one, but once he lost those rights he didn't bother and so I got picked up by someone else.What I was referring to about the Star War saga that they were going to make 4 movies and although the original were awesomely, some people felt the prequels were a let down because of the way the acting as handle in those movies. Of course most blockbuster movies usually don't go past because usually the by the third movie the original cast and directing crew is gone and the new people just basically tell their own story. OF course there are exceptions to that especially with the horror genre (Nightmare on Elm St., Friday the 13th).

The third one WITH arnold was a bad idea, so you can imagine how crappy a 4th one would be without him. I'd like to see The Rock as a Terminator, if they had to make one.Not many can imagine a Terminator movie sans Arnold. He has been there from the beginning - he is an icon because of those movies. Tons of people, myself included, wouldn't waste my money on an Arnold-less Terminator movie.Unfortunately, as long as Terminator is making big bucks, it has to continue with or without Arnold. Who knows, the next might be better without him? Don't get me wrong...I've loved the guy since his Conan the Barbarian days, but things have to change sooner or later

Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)