xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mummy2courtney

Only Me I just stumbled across this site and im amazed

it looks fantastic you have done a fantastic job.well anyways,im heidi, 20 years old and live in suffolk uk with my husband and my daughter courtney aka courtz who is 1.when she was 4 weeks old she was diagnosed with optic nerve hypoplasia so ive done a site explaining what it is etc but i have always wanted my own domain etc but never knew how.im about to start a course in web design as i have not got a clue as the site i done is rubbish and is using piczo as i know nothing about coding or anything.so basically i need your help please? if you dont mind.many many thanks speak soonheidi

Hello Courtney's Mum Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. Sounds like you have had your hands full with the little one. You have come to the right place for developing a web site. There are a lot of people here that will be glad to help. Check out my free design offerings if you like. The hosting here is awsome as well. Free and NO ADS. Make sure to read all the rules and TOS. You will need to know how Trap 17 operates. Trap 17 Forum Rules and Trap 17 Read Me Page. Look forward to seeing you around the forum often.

hey, Mummy,Welcome, as Mich says... and there is not a lot of activity on the thread, but there is both an Html and a CSS subforum under the Compter section. If you have questions or need assistance, ask in there about making a site... Lots of knowledgeable folks will reply...

html forum : http://forums.xisto.com/forum/158-html-xml-etc/

css forum : http://forums.xisto.com/forum/277-css-cascading-style-sheets/

and a good source for learning all about making websites is over at http://www.w3schools.com/. They have a pretty fair tutorial system, a pretty good set of references and a question/answer forum, too...

Welcome to the site, heres a fruit basket and a picture of me :unsure: <---thats mean, just make sure to check out the Xisto read me for some good info on how to post and for that wonderful day apply for your hosting and what not. So enjoy your stay and again welcome to Xisto.

Welcome to Xisto. I've also just joined these forums and they indeed are very well done.

If you need to learn to make webpages you might want to check out the HP Learning Center: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/home.html
They have free courses on webpage design, from planning to implementation, as well as advanced stuff like CSS. The lessons are written by professionals in those areas and maintain mini-forums for class discussion. The only thing is it's supposed to be for US residents only, so when you sign up just say you're from the US.

Edited by Renaissance (see edit history)

Welcome, mummy2courtney! Nice to see you've come to use Xisto as your webhost! Look around the forums for coding help, but if you find an old topic, don't reply, because chances are the member might not come here anymore or they won't answer. Please click on the links below, and Welcome!

Please take time to Read the Rules, Xisto Readme, and FAQ located inside the readme. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Xisto forums! And if you may need any assistance, feel free to PM me! Thanks and welcome!

Oh I hope mummy2courtney sticks around... :unsure:Although some suggestions might have been overwhelming at first, I assure you that when you ask anyone in our forum to just slow it down he/she would not have ANY problem of going over again.We have members who are excellent at designing the basic web template (design) or easy to understand source codes (HTML to begin with). So don't feel reluctant to ask for further explanation :(Welcome to Xisto and I hope you visit us and stay with us!

Hello mummy nice nick :unsure:Well I think that evryone said everything about the helo you can get on these forums on almost any topic you might ask. And I wish nice stay and good luck with your web design hopefully to see you in web sites reviewes soon. Also I know that you will find Xisto adorable.