xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
slimjo

How To Draw Thin Table Lines

my name is joshua, am a web deisgner, i use dream weaver with a combination of other softwares to design sites. currently i have a project at hand to design a site that looks like an online store for product display. am really having problem on how to draw thin lines on the page so as to seperate iterms on the page. can any one help.thanks

set borders equal to 1 px.Post some code, or a link to the page is preferred.

It's usually just:<table [what ever other code] border="1px"></table>Sometimes though, if you have it more than 1px you'll get a double border (well, I do :unsure:) I fix this by setting the background colour of the table to the same as the border, then in each table row set it to whatever you want.There's probably a better way using CSS, but that's the simple way I use

It's usually just:
<table [what ever other code] border="1px">
</table>

Sometimes though, if you have it more than 1px you'll get a double border (well, I do :lol: ) I fix this by setting the background colour of the table to the same as the border, then in each table row set it to whatever you want.

There's probably a better way using CSS, but that's the simple way I use

For fixing the double border, simply use "border-collapse: collapse" in CSS.

<head><style type="text/css">table{border: 1px solid #F00;border-collapse: collapse;}td{border: 1px solid #F00}</style></head>

Try this. border: 1px solid #000;. You can set range of border 1-2px as per your need but more than 2 will be thick. also to make table thin you can use appropriate colors. Color like gray could give feel of thin border. try #666 value or search for CSS color chart on google for lighter colors to give it feel of thin border color.