xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Myspace Buys Photobucket For $250 Milllion Dollars

Just saw this today and all I have to say is another service to get get ruined by myspace with ads and other junk stuff. Although I haven't used photobucket for awhile now, I either use imageshack or imagefilez for my needs, but for photobucket to be tangled up with myspace I dunno that it won't be as good as it is now. We already know myspace limits people on how they can design their layouts and what not, but what kind of limitation will myspace force photobucket to do once this is completed. Lower bandwidth or allow certain amount of photos and what not. But I guess that just paranoia from a crappy service and a good service that people use.

Hey... I use that for half of the stuff I have. Time for the great migration...Well, you never know. They might keep it separate (e.g. NOT mess with it) in order to prevent people like you and me from going.But still... why? Do that many people go to photobucket or does MySpace just need another set of image servers?These crazy recent business mergers...

yeah MySpace has bought photobucket. They were enemies till recently. With photobucet being the site where myspace users posted all their photos. Anyway I don't use Myspace . It is soo boring. Maybe because i dont have friends in it.

That just killed my day. I hate MySpace, and I saw that Photobucket was making a few improvements as to the design, and now I know that's all going down the drain. Time to find another free image host, I suppose.Gosh!

Their purchase move was most likely fueled by the fact a strong majority of myspace profiles load images from photobucket, I seriously would hate to see what they are planning yet at the same time would like to see if they'll have some kind of integration or something which they most likely will.This is a triumph in a way for myspace users we can most likely safely say that myspace will increase it's photo upload limit and raise it higher so you fellow myspacers can upload more photos of yourself.... yay!

Well hopefully they won't change anything expect for maybe 20 million more ad's and other useless junk that don't need. Although I wasn't to keen on the idea that you can upload video's to their site, they should have just stuck with just photos and be well with it. Of course I wouldn't mind them taking a few idea's off imageshack. I like the cleaner layout, so hopefully photobucket does something like that in the near future.

OMG !!! Photo bucket gone to my space nooooo i have heaps of photos that i haven't checked lately wonder what happend to em , As for the ads and junk i think just hearing "My space" would say it all photo bucket was an awesome service thats where these two pictures come from my avatar and my sign ! hehe :unsure:

HUH that is quite a news. And the price is really good I have noticed that in the last few weeks myspace is giving announcments and other things to continue such mergers. And they are really making show out of it. And they will probably just be one of the largest companies in this it (information technology ) sector of buisness. Although I think that if they are not careful some of their new services might just sink them.