xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

Changing Careers

Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you have some constructive advice for me. I'll tell you about my situation.I'm seriously looking into getting back to Canada to re-integrate myself back into life there and re-enter the workforce. Due to recent circumstances, I have come to the realization that what I'm doing now does not suit my personality (I'm more of the quiet, creative type who is much better at writing and designing), and I want to go back to a position that involves writing (or even "ghost-writing")...or at best, something that involves both my creative skills and the transferable skills I picked up while being in another country for so long.Since I'm planning to go to Canada this summer for a family event, I'm also using it as an opportunity to have informational interviews with several companies in the area - with a view to go back to Canada (for good) by spring 2008 or 2009, at the latest.In the meantime, I'll have to put together some writing (and some graphics) samples to brush up my experience.I know I may have left some things out, but I hope to hear from the rest of you about what I should do to make the transition as smooth as possible.