xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Roger Clemens Is Back With The Yankees

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well Roger Clemens announced today during the 7th inning stretch that he is back playing with the Yankees. For $28 million dollars he is back to help out the pitching rotation that has suffered many injuries with I think 3 or 4 out of the starting lineup. Karstens the rookie has a broken leg, Pavano has a pulled hamstring. He says he is only back to win a championship. I really wonder how long he is going to stay in baseball. He originally said he was going to retire and play in the Olympics but then went to the Astros' organization and then was out for a while before coming to the Yankees. I'm guessing he won't be in baseball much longer. I guess it all depends on how well he does this year.

Well, that's news! Hope the Rocket still has his stuff and can help the team. There's been a few cases of players coming in and out of retirement. Roger Clemens, Dominik Hasek, Rob Ray, Michael Jordan, to name a few. Nothing wrong with extending their career (or coming back to have another shot at a championship), just as long as they still have the athletic ability and the drive to keep going.

Well that's a sweet deal for him, since he's making $10,000 a pitch (that is if he throws 100 pitches in 28 games, which is unlikely). He's going to be nowhere near what he was. "The Rocket" won't fit him considering his fastball will barely reach 90 if it does indeed. I'm beginning to wonder how much money the Yankees have. They never run out!! If he wanted a championship, why wouldn't he go to a winning team like the Red Soxs or the Braves, not a team that is under .500 like the Yankees?

Well that's a sweet deal for him, since he's making $10,000 a pitch (that is if he throws 100 pitches in 28 games, which is unlikely). He's going to be nowhere near what he was. "The Rocket" won't fit him considering his fastball will barely reach 90 if it does indeed. I'm beginning to wonder how much money the Yankees have. They never run out!! If he wanted a championship, why wouldn't he go to a winning team like the Red Soxs or the Braves, not a team that is under .500 like the Yankees?

As much as I dislike the Yankees, they are a good team (even if it's partly because of money). But I think he wants to show loyalty to them and they probably were willing to pay the most because they are in desparate need for a starting pitcher. The Braves I don't think need a pitcher and the Red Sox fans would probably kill Clemens despite the fact he started as a rookie with them.

Grrr. Yankees.
Wrap in quote tags

Anyhoo, back with the Yanks? He should have joined the Tigers! (Go Detroit)!

... Red Sox fans would probably kill Clemens despite the fact he started as a rookie with them

Yeah. I don't think this is a major addition to the team, they already had him. I still don't think they can win the World series, but the Tigers can!