xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tresor

What Is The Salary Range Of A Php Programmer?

As a php programmer, you could make an average of Ł30,000/annum:

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/php%20programmer.do

But, if you choose to become a general web designer/developer, you could earn up to Ł40,000/annum and sometimes even more:

http://www.connexions-direct.com/jobs4u/ineContentID=1757

Obviously as with all jobs how much you get paid depends largely on where you live: for instance Chinese garment industry workers get paid 20p-30p/hr whereas those working in the UK/US expect a lot more!

Yeah here in Slovenia if you are beginner and you go to some company working with web design and this is only for students. You start working as a php programmer you can earn something like 5 euros at the most per hour. I think that they are probably paying more for the experienced programmers and those who are not part time like students. But it is relativly good payment for the student job.

No idea where you live so I can't tell you much other than what it is in New Zealand where it varies wildly depending on your experience and the job position. You could expect here anywhere from $25,000 junior/graduate/short term freelance to $60,000+ manager but I believe the average is usually around $30K - $45K. That's probably not much help seens as you are probably not in New Zealand, but well if anyone is curious or looking to move to NZ, there's my two cents :unsure:

In India, you can get good PHP programmers for $1000 / Mo. Working 8 hours a day. (except sundays.) Cheap huh ? ;-)

In India, you can get good PHP programmers for $1000 / Mo. Working 8 hours a day. (except sundays.) Cheap huh ? ;-)

Yeah this does seems cheap really but I have checked Bosnia I cannot say how good are they but they recieve payment for about 400 euros a month. It is really low wouldn't you agree?

web design isnt really the best main job to do. i would sugguest doing it on the side. do something else related to computers or something, then just have a web design company on the side. thats what i do. i have a lawn care buiness, web design, and a real job!

web design isnt really the best main job to do

I feel, Web designing is fun and challenging. A Bit of programming language can help you design robust and dynamic sites with good effects. I will encourage anyone with interest to step into it. :-)

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the pay is not that much here in the Philippines but I know some people who do freelance things on the Internet with international clients and so they get paid dollars.Anyways, I'm currently a systems programmer and implementor. I get a bit stressed out with my work and I'm thinking of doing some web design/development on the side after my 9 to 5. I've always liked it and I find it more liberating than doing business applications. I just have to have a proper time table now and some multivitamins ('coz I tire out easily, for some reasons). :)

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the pay is not that much here in the Philippines but I know some people who do freelance things on the Internet with international clients and so they get paid dollars.
Anyways, I'm currently a systems programmer and implementor. I get a bit stressed out with my work and I'm thinking of doing some web design/development on the side after my 9 to 5. I've always liked it and I find it more liberating than doing business applications. I just have to have a proper time table now and some multivitamins ('coz I tire out easily, for some reasons). :)

However there is big difference between web programmer and web designer I have never found web design really interesting but wem programming is kinda cool things and it is not that easy because you can see that there are many people who are talking against scripting and so on although it is really some parts can be hard to do. And some concepts are hard to work out. Also you have to have stable code in order not to have crashed site upon several hundred people connecting ot it.