xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
parasharas

Ubuntu Feisty Linux With Different Ubuntu linux development open source community india hindi participati

operating System choices  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes I am new on Linux ( 5 months ) as I was new on web 2 year before So may I able to write about Linux yes I am because every body is new unknown about all so I am writing here firstly in English then in हिंदी Hindi
Ubuntu Linux is not so much old but very fast growing open source Community Team is working in all manner technical and fundamental with in all language Basically windows is only window on internet say on server utilities and Linux is Home of Servers so now when users are coming from windows or graphical desktop environment there is more need of desktop base computing server system which can fulfill Ubuntu. All Packages nearly 30,000 are on there mirrors and 20,000 are on different Deb mirrors which can be obtained just adding some lines in /etc/apt/sources.list all are free very few are commercial and for normal user these are ignorable. 1 Cd's download and no need of drivers (mother board drivers display audio video web cam camera and printer) about 1100 package are in this Cd ( If any body can wait few days Ubuntu ship free Cd to their residence) Now second point Booting If any user have win 98 win 2000 or Win Xp on his computer no worry give 5 gb to Ubuntu 4.5 gb main root / and .5gb for swap with help of parted (Gparted) partition of disk very easy no change in previous windows versions. Boot loader Grub is able to boot all operating systems windows or Linux This is in /boot/grub/menu.lst what type of boot you are doing. If you want to access windows parts in Linux very easy /etc/fstab file is for device mounting mount any part with mkdir command in /media I think no need to say about Mozilla firefox web browser this is default browser in Ubuntu so surfing of web is very easy. About 1 to 2 mb update every day and your system is up to date All type of Word processing Data processing Image and paint related softwares are with command line system as like XP. So any body want hassle proof web surfing with graphically sound software desktop easy and tuned way Ubuntu, All free and licensed open source so for of development also possible. Official forum is https://ubuntuforums.org/ and Main site is https://www.ubuntu.com/
Yes I have tested about 10 Linux distros and many 1 Live Cd based systems but for permanent installation Ubuntu is best for new Linux User You may look many disto on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
No i dont want to say Ubuntu is perfect there are still problems just like modem driver and all working of Shockwave player and Real player many softwares are windows based so just pull on window also but future is going towards open source so move to free path

अब हिंदी में लिखा जाए उबंतु पर मित्रों यह पोस्ट इसी ऑपरेटिंग सिस्टम से लिख रहा हूं और यदि आप पढ़ पा रहे हैं तो शायद यह कहने की आवश्यकता नहीं है कि यहां हिंदी पर कार्य करना बड़ा ही आसान है जरा शिफ्ट+कंट्रोल बटन या विंडो लोगो का बटन दबाओ और हिंदी से अंग्रेजी या अंग्रेजी से हिंदी पर आ जाओ लाइनक्स हो या विंडो कमांड्स के लिये तो अंग्रेजी की बोर्ड ही काम आएगा फिर भी लाइनक्स के बहुत से ऑपरेटिंग सिस्टम की सीडी डाउनलोड कर 2 हार्ड डिस्क सिस्टम पर लगाकर पिछले 6 महीने से नए नए ऑपरेटिंग सिस्टम का मजा लिया और विंडो एक्स पी आज भी सबसे बढ़िया लगता कारण की विस्टा अपने पास है नहीं सो उसके बारे में कुछ कह नहीं सकते पर लाइसेंस ओरिजनल का झमेला देखते हुए लाइनक्स की गाड़ी ढूंढी कई डिस्ट्रो (डिब्बे) देखे और हमें उबंतु भाया और जिस तरह से भाई लोग हिंदी को बढ़ाने में मदद कर रहे हैं तो फिर पीछे क्यों रहें हम भी जो सच लगा सबसे शेयर कर लेते हैं गुण दोष की तरह न देखें और लाइनक्स वाले साथी नए प्रयोक्ता की आवश्यकताओं को ध्यान रखते हुए यह लिखा गया है काली स्क्रीन पर सफेद अक्षरों में चलने वाले सर्वर तो ग्राफिक्स में मैमोरी खर्च ही नहीं करते और कमांड पर जिसकी कमांड है वही कामयाब है।

I am not expert not perfect but in any way any person want help I am ready in this connection.

Yes I have tested about 10 Linux distros and many 1 Live Cd based systems but for permanent installation Ubuntu is best for new Linux User

Kubuntu was the first Linux distro that i ever tried out. I've tried others (Fedora Core, ELive, OpenSuSE)—waste of CD's and time; had a problem with each of them. With Kubuntu i didn't have a problem with and so stuck with it, and in my opinion it is the best distro. I'm not fond of the GNOME desktop environment—too simple; that's why i don't use Ubuntu. If there are any GNOME-based programs i want to use, all i have to do is download some GNOME libraries and i can run them on KDE. Also, you don't have to edit /etc/fstab to mount hardware, you can use Mount Point Editor to mount things easily and quickly. As for adding repositories, you don't have to edit /etc/apt/sources.list, you can do that through the Package manager. :unsure:

I have been using Kubuntu for a while, and it was the first distro I was introduced to and decided to use. Unfortunately a recent kernel update has started killing peoples hard disk drives, and therefore I have been forced onto Windows for a while. However, I am downloading OpenSUSE to give that a go. I, like truefusion, find the Gnome desktop a little too simplified, so prefer to stick with KDE. Also, I just want to see what other distros are out there, so at least I have something to compare Kubuntu to. I have to agree that (K)Ubuntu is probably the best distro new users should go for, but OpenSUSE and a few others are viable options, as many are finally coming round to the idea that your average PC user might be getting fed up with Microsoft, not just open-source fanatics.