xisto Community
Imtay22

Freehostingnow.com Another free web host?

|-[link]-|

Is this a good or bad free web host? It says it gives 10gb Disk space and 10gb bandwidth.
Here are the specs-

Use your own domain or a subdomain like cool.freehostingnow.com 10 GB Disk Space
10 GB Bandwidth
PHP & MySql
3 Databases
Control Panel
FTP Access
NO ADS on your site!

A good web host? I think it will be okay, I will make a test account and see. The thing I don't like it this-

3 Databases

Only three? I think they can improve, and 10gigs of Disk space? I bet thats a lie. I would rate this a 7/10, just like the other host I reviewed. At least this one gives you a subdomain! :unsure:

Careful Imtay22.I have also got involved in other Free Hosting services offering large storage and bandwidths and the next thing you know, your access is cut off, files gone and never any explanation. Also, use a disposable email address. Your Spam box might take a beating from these guys selling your address or Spammers getting hold of your account because they don't secure the server properly.Best Free Hosting I have ever found is right here at the Xisto. But it might not hurt to check them out. Write a review back here sometime soon.

Yeah as I said I'm not really making a permenant account, just a test one to see how it goes. I will write a review here when I finish.

I've tried this service. But as a test, I only gave it a try for just a day. Here is my "experiment":Variables: Xisto.com, freehostingnow.comConstant: Discuz! Forum SoftwareWhat I did was I uploaded the files to both servers and what I found out was that freehostingnow.com didn't allow most file types such as "css" "ini" and other necessities. On the flip side, Xisto allowed most, if not, all the files. The reason why it wasn't able to upload some of the images was that during the file transfer the connection was lost and the file that tried to be transfered right after the reconnect didn't work.So in conclusion, if you are going to use CSS, it's better to stay here with Xisto. unless you need 10gb then I recommend getting yourself a paid hosting.

omg...i have had so many bad experiences with such hosts...they offer too much...but its down half of the time, and its slow, as u can see...not many databases, and most of the time they place advertisements on your site without any notice, in the end, they end up closing down and disapearing overnight, one very big reason my forum comunity has lost so many members, because i wast expecting it, i didnt do backups that very often, so i ended up being screwed by those hosts, and i have learned my lesson, Xisto is the best, really good, kickass, and i dont have to worry about them dissapearing one day, cuzz they are a big company...lol

Hmmm, I wouldn't really trust them. They have an ad on their main page, which isn't very reassuring. Three databases is very piddly, I would have thought if they can offer 10gb of space that they would allow for a couple more databases. I would say after you sign up to their site your email will get loads of spam in it or they would just close down on you :/. I also think they have quite a few restrictions in their Terms Of Service. I'll see now :unsure:I wouldn't trust them myself, but it's up to you.

Ah yes, i tried this one before i found Xisto.
and yes, as masugidsk8r said:

...freehostingnow.com didn't allow most file types such as "css" "ini" and other necessities. ... The reason why it wasn't able to upload some of the images was that during the file transfer the connection was lost and the file that tried to be transfered right after the reconnect didn't work.

He's right: and besides losing connection all the time, it's very slow in upload and download... but that's not really a problem, since you can't upload large files due to connection loss.

I agree, dump it.

When you look at it, theres two choices of free hosting, thats even decent. Well 3, but it all depends on what you look for. If you look for something easy, and something for testing purposes, freewebs all out. Then theres 2 that are very similar, Xisto, and rifehost. This is just at first looks, but rifehost looks better because all you have to do is make a couple posts right? Well, actually Xisto is a better host only because it provides better service, active staff, and their servers are almost always up. Just stay if you ask me :\

Just looking at the main page, I saw that it said that you had to pay 1 cent, which could also mean it's a credit card scam, unless you go someplace and give them a penny. I don't get what the point of asking for a cent is unless they're going to use your credit card info and max it out so they get rich off the first few people. Xisto is the only free web hosting service I could find that I could trust so far, although I hadn't been looking very long before I found it. Actually, this was the second free hosting thing I found, and it's been perfect so far(except that I waited to long to post once, and my page went away for a while). I think it's worth it to stop looking for new hosters and just leave it to Xisto. :)

Just looking at the main page, I saw that it said that you had to pay 1 cent, which could also mean it's a credit card scam, unless you go someplace and give them a penny. I don't get what the point of asking for a cent is unless they're going to use your credit card info and max it out so they get rich off the first few people. Xisto is the only free web hosting service I could find that I could trust so far, although I hadn't been looking very long before I found it. Actually, this was the second free hosting thing I found, and it's been perfect so far(except that I waited to long to post once, and my page went away for a while). I think it's worth it to stop looking for new hosters and just leave it to Xisto. :)

yeah, i almost did one of those. Sux a ton for the people who dont know about those kind of things. Somehow i thought Xisto was too good to be true also! :XD:

Just looking at the main page, I saw that it said that you had to pay 1 cent, which could also mean it's a credit card scam, unless you go someplace and give them a penny. I don't get what the point of asking for a cent is unless they're going to use your credit card info and max it out so they get rich off the first few people.

I've been with a brother site... 789mb.com and its not the best. They all use the same template and are basically the same host.

As for the one cent deal - thats to upgrade to paid hosting. The paid hosting is another site, probably the father site.

I'd like to personally warn anybody away from freehostingnow.com. I've had it for roughly six or more months in that time there have been two critical server failures resulting in a loss of all data, or corruption of all data. And some how recently, when I went to upload FTP (which is also incredibly buggy and half the time you can't even get in) it said my password wasn't correct. Upon further investigation it looks as if their login data server got corrupted and now I can't even log in to take my files down in order to try and bring them to a new site. It's a good thing I keep so many backups after being burned twice by that site.I really suggest that you find a better site than freehostingnow.com. I couldn't even get onto forums, get a help ticket, or request my password be sent to my email. It's just bad customer service, when I posted about what happened to the data files they simply said "hope you back-up" no sorry, no apologizes or anything. The server claims it has a lot of bandwidth but mysteriously it rises when you don't even have any hits to the site, sounds like a complete scam to me and I lived with it because my last site hostultra.com turned completely sour with their rampant use of flash and java adds that would get through to my site despite my repeated efforts to have them blocked, that coupled with their non-caring attitude about their freehost people, and the fact that myself and several other members of my site found that these adds were trojan horses.In my personal opinion finding Xisto.com was a godsend, all I need to do is be an active member of an already good looking community and I am able to get hosting. Seems far too easy to me, but I won't be one to look a gift horse in the mouth.