xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

I Hate Dreams

i hate dreams with a royal passion!i hate dreams because they show you what you wantbut in some cases (allot) they show you what you cannot have!and it's not fair!that is probably the shortest vent of all times! but it is true and i would elaborate more but it is nothing i feel comfortable talking about.

I don't know if I hate my dreams, but the ones I remember most vividly tend to show things that I don't want to happen. However, it's happened before and then it actually happen...which is why I'm very worried about my latest vivid dream >.<

Ya sometimes you dream about things you want and you can't have it, or you dream about something you don't want to happen and don't want go through it. I enjoy the dreams though of what I want because it's the only way I'm going to have it until my dream comes true. Like I know I'll never play in Major League Baseball but I enjoy dreaming about it because it's something I like. It's fun to dream in my opinion.

I like my dreams. Some of them are fun to have while others are the ones where it is like those horror sci fi movies that you see where everyone dies in the end. But of course before i die in the dream i wake up. But i get the deja vu things all the time. I like those. But i don't hate my dreams.

i mean, dont get me wrong, i do like experiencing what i want in the dream, but the thing i hate about it is that if it is something that you really really really really want and it took you AGES to get over the fact that you probably wont ever be able to do it/what ever then the dream brings back the thought and makes you to want it more (if that makes sense) and so you have to yet again get over the fact that you probably wont ever have what it is you want that you dreamed.make any sense? lol

i hate dreams with a royal passion!
i hate dreams because they show you what you want

but in some cases (allot) they show you what you cannot have!

and it's not fair!

that is probably the shortest vent of all times! but it is true and i would elaborate more but it is nothing i feel comfortable talking about.

I cant agree with you more. Dreams suck and sometimes they are so good you just don't want to take up, and just drift off into your dream forever. I'm not sure about yo but I usually hav peacful dreams to get away frm all the chaos and such that you I generally see around me. The worst have to be day dreams though because those you are phasing in and out, and sometimes even seeing things that aren't there till you finally get snapped out of it. Then again I guess it might be because I am more of a dreamer than a realist. I tend to drift in and out a lot so I begin to lose a sense of reality which isn't always the greatest thing. Well like I said I can't agree with you more, but keep on dreaming on because sometimes that's all you can do!

in the dream i had last night, i would like to dream it again, but then again i wouldn't, i would want to because it was a good dream, but then again i wouldn't because I've been somewhat depressed all day because i had the dream and it is what i want most in the world but i know will most likely never happen.those dozing off dreams suck! i hate em lol! i remember always getting these.for instance, i will wake up at 6am and have a text message, i will text back and go back to sleep, but witht he phone in my hand so if it vibrates i will know, and i got a reply and i read it because i remeber reading it, but i also remember replying to it, but i go back into my history later and the reply isn't there... lol

I see what you are saying yes. I don't think I've really had a dream like that, not that I remember. A lot of the time I dream at night I only remember the dream that day for about an hour or so and then I forget about it. (that's for good dreams anyway) They dozing off dreams I remember a lot though for some reason. Anyway, the way I see it that's having it for me. It's in my fantasy world sure and I don't really have it but I'll enjoy it while I do.

Dreams drive people just as much as thoughts do. Dreams are good, IMO, even the bad ones. For example, someone who has a dream that they had slipped into cardiac arrest might be inclined to exercise more than one who did not.

I agree with Tetraca. All dreams are good. Dreaming is a good way to escape from the world and think about things that may be good or bad. Maybe you need to clear your mind before you sleep. You have to look at the positive sides of dreams, because there is always a good and bad. For example, when you were dreaming of something really great, you enjoyed yourself while dreaming. Then you woke up and realized it would never happen. Or maybe you have a bad dream. Then you wake up and realized it didn't happen and are glad. See what I mean? You have to focus on the positives and not let dreaming interfere with your life. Dreaming is just a way for your brain to bring out your feelings of embarrassment or joy. As you go about in life, try not to think about the negatives so you won't fear them in your dream. That's what dreams feed off of. Your fear. For example, I think we have all dreamed about going to school with no clothes on of failing a test. In real life, you have probably thought of that too, but you just push it aside because you know it won't happen.Hopefully that helps and I didn't confuse you too much. :unsure:

I don't know why your dreams show you what you don't have, because my dreams just make no sense. I rarely ever see something I want that I can't have. Only once in my life I constantly had a dream about finding a lot of money while walking somewhere. Everytime I had the money checked, I found out it was counterfeit. I had the dreams while I was trying to find ways to make money online and failed. Once I found a good, but small, program, the money would turn real.

There are certain themes in my dreams that make me think that I am trying to work out different problems in my life. A lot of times I just think my imagination is letting things out, and that inspires me in my writing. But lately it's been kind of bad. when I haven't had a lot of sleep, I tend to have dreams that I am at work doing my job. Maybe it's because I have to do the same thing all of the time. I wish I could go back to having interesting dreams. Or that someone would pay me when I sleep. haha.

I never remember my dreams, and they hardly ever are of what I want when I do remember them, usually they're things that couldn't ever happen but that I really wouldn't want to happen. Usually they make no sense either. Maybe the ones I don't remember make sense and are things I want, I don't know obviously.

i hate dreams because they show you what you want
but in some cases (allot) they show you what you cannot have!

i mean, dont get me wrong, i do like experiencing what i want in the dream, but the thing i hate about it is that if it is something that you really really really really want and it took you AGES to get over the fact that you probably wont ever be able to do it/what ever then the dream brings back the thought and makes you to want it more (if that makes sense) and so you have to yet again get over the fact that you probably wont ever have what it is you want that you dreamed.

dreams are usually representations of the subconscious. the dreams that you see in your sleep is actually taken from your subconcious but the mind "candy-coats" it into something that is more acceptable to us. candy-coats meaning that the mind changes the information taken from your subconcious into something that is less disturbing (for lack of a better term). that is why there are people who interpret dreams, because by interpreting them, they would understand the subconcious, unlocking mysteries on a person's mind.

dreams are also a way for humans to cope up with unresolved matters during their waking state. in your case, you've been so obsessed with getting this "thing" that you really want, but you can't. the obsession becomes a habit, you always put it in your mind until it becomes something that is almost natural to you. this "obsession" gets pushed into your subconcious. then when you sleep and dream, that information from your subconcious becomes your dream. sometimes you dream that you've already gained that "thing" that you've always wanted. it's because the dream tells you that "this is what you want" and that it would appease you and calm you because you have been stressed out with obtaining this "thing" during your waking state.

did you know that you could make yourself remember your dream? all you need to do is not to let yourself become too jerky or have some unneccessary movements before you wake up. dreams usually happen during the last hours of sleep (before you wake up). the main reason why people seem to forget their dreams or believe they didn't dream, is that when they wake up, their bodies create a lot of movement. these movements prevent the mind from processing the dream (and putting it into "storage"). one way of allowing you to remember the dream is to train yourself not to jerk up or jolt suddenly upon waking up, or any other unnecessary movements. it's like letting the story of your dream to continue on playing while you're on that half-awake, half-asleep moment in your sleeping state.

I hate dreams sometimes too. When you have had something on your mind that you really want to happen and then one night you start to dream and those things happen. Then all of sudden you wake up and you realize crap it was all a dream. I get really frustrated when I start to realize its not going to happen. Sometimes I confuse my dreams with reality. I just try not to think about something too much even though that's hard because the situations in your life require you to think about them and find a solution.