xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Spider-man Trilogy Review By S & M

I just got back from seeing Spider-Man 3 and I put it like this, spider-Man 1 and 2 and if it happens 4 will never beat this movie, but I discuss more about it as I review all three movies.

Spider-Man

I would say I was a big spider man fan I saw a few reruns of the old tv show back in the day and then when I caught the spider man cartoon on fox I like it up till the very end as Mary Jane watson would disappear from existence and then we get that crappy spider man in the future series. Let's time skip to the first movie which in which we start from the beginning as high school nerd Peter Park would get bit by that radioactive spider and of course the rest is history. The first villian we get is the Green goblin which I think Willem Dafoe did a good job with in bringing out the evil of the green goblin, he did a good acting job with the character and he should be pleased with it. Tobey Maguire who plays our hero I think he did an awesome job he brough an average guy to a comic book hero alive and of course the emotion to it as well with the other characters. However, although Kirsten Dunst is a good actress I think she was better as a child actor and thats about it, I can't think of any good names that could pull off Mary Jane Watson, but I feel as though she didn't put in enough feeling into the Mary Jane character like I was hoping. James Franco as Harry Osborn, I think he did a pretty good job, he played the character like he was straight from the cartoon, he was friends but he had that jealousy with Peter Parker especially after Mary Jane left Harry for Peter. J.K. Simmons all I have to say is that no one else could pull J. Jonah Jameson then anyone else, especially the guy who did his voice in the cartoon. Let's not forget uncle Ben and aunt May they did a could job with the character and I believe that Cliff Robertson made those famous word have even more meaning in the movie then in the comics or the cartoon but as I digress it was after Ben Parker's death that more of an impact then when was alive. Of course the way the movie ended we all knew the sequel was coming as harry would take over as the Hob Goblin, which we were a bit wrong, of course know one knew who spider man was, so the second movie justified that a little bit.

I would say the movie had a good pace going especially are climatic ending with the death of the Green Goblin, it didn't have has much emotion as it's predecessors, of course it was just the movie so you wouldn't really expect it that much. Special effects awesome of course with a goo smooth transition between the effects and the real actors. Everyone did a good job with the roles they played and I couldn't wait for number #2.

I give this movie a solid 10/10 as this was one of the better comic book movies to come out since the X-Men.

Spider-Man 2

So as our story continues Peter parker has accept his new life as spider-man and the fame he has brought with the character and so we are now introduced to our second villain played by Alfred Molina (Indiana Jones and raiders of the Ark anyone?) after a freak accident with his experiment and course on hte come spree to finish his work. Of course if anyone of you remember the short live spider-man series on MTV which talk about events between SM 1 and SM 2 (all 3-d) was background filler while we waited for the second one, it was ok but I think it took a side track from both those just a bit. Of course I never saw he last episode but you could assume that it had to do with the second movie. Well as the movie goes we find out the difficulties of being a super hero and it would catch up with him, especially his love for Mary Jane which I remind you that Kirsten Dunst did a little better with Mary Jane this time then in the first movie. Skip a few scene's and we finally see Peter break down and los complete confidence as he told Aunt May the truth, disappointing Mary Jane, hte land lord, the bugle (did I forget anything) but after rescuing that girl in the burning building and course that piece of cake with the landlords daughter and being forgiven by aunt May, he was back as our hero once again. Throw in the train fight and of course the emotion the citizen's of New York carrying spider but back the emotion that made this movie big. Skip a few scene's and now Harry finds out who spider man is OH NO!! Skip a few more and now we are done to the big fight with Doc Oct who after finally realizing the wrong he did sacrificed himself to save New York. Oh Yeah Mary Jane just found who Spider-Man was and ditch Captain Jameson at the alter and they both confessed their love for each other (aaaaw). Oh and Harry found the secret stashed behind the mirror as well. So we all know that Spider man 3 was coming and so we knew and hope the Hob golbin would make his debut.

This of course was better the the first because of the struggle and the emotion that was felt as Peter Parker was trying to find himself and as his alter ego, everyone did a good this time and music of course was awesome and every time I hear it, I was go kick some @ZZ Spider-Man :unsure:. Again I give this a 10/10 because this was true sequel and wasn't that was put together, the sotry played out perfect, special effects just as good and more.

Spider-Man 3

Well now that we cover the first 2 movies we know come to this movie was coming even though we wouldn't know at the time that we would see venom and the sand until the trailers showed up. Well to not give this movie away to much I can tell you that the Hob Goblin makes his appear, so does sand man of course spider man's arch nemesis venom and course a couple new character's besides the ones I just mention are Gwen Stacy and of course Eddie Brock (take a guess who he is) and course the original cast comes back for the third time. I have to say that this was the perfect timing to play the dark side angle and Toby hit it awesome, of course if you read the comics and watch the cartoon we all know that he get posses and enjoys the power, and eventually break away from it and of course though the set up was different Eddie Brock would become Venom so that is not much of a spoiler there. Unless you never read the comic or watch the cartoon and it is. Right now I put it on the table that this movie will score big opening weekend with at least 100-150 million and I see a top 5 listing of the most gross movies of all time. The emotions to this movie were so powerful you couldn't help but shed a tear I know I did. Of course the ending of this movie made the emotions so powerful I had to keep myself from making of a pool of tears. I stake my claim that this movie is best sequel of all time and I have see a lot of movies that are trilogy based and then some, heck it was better the Return of the King.

And so I tell you this, if you only get to see one movie you have to see it and just don't download it illegally because you won't feeling the emotion as you would in the theater, so sped the 7-8 bucks for it and trust me if This Evil guy can cry you know it to be good. Of course I even got a special edition Spider Man 3 cup which was awesome too :( .

My rating 100/10 because this 3rd movie was better then all three and I hope it does well and with both movies grossing $777,292,200 I see at at least 1.1+ Billion overall for this franchise. Of course the rumors have started with Spider-Man 4 and most concerning the fact that people are leaving blah blah. Of course no villian's have been named yet, but I think it is time to bring the King Pin, the Ultimate Bad guy in this franchise, hopefully Michael Clarke Duncan does not play him because he ruined it in DareDevil, although the guy is huge, I don't see him playing that character good enough, of course he does reprise his role and the Kingpin, hopefully this time Sam Raimi will be able to bring out the King Pin that we all love to hate. Of course I don't know to many actors that are like 6'7 and are like 500 pounds of pure muscle ( I am only guess at the size of King Pin). I guess in the coming months and of course next year we will find out who will star in this movie and what to expect, maybe even the disappearance of Mary Jane like in the cartoon or doctor conner becoming the croc of course the other ultimate villain Carnage, that would be awesome to see especially how well they designed venom in this movie.

Well that's it for my review but if it does end as a trilogy that would be the place to end it, especially if certain cast members don't come back as the rumors say, I can't wait for the DVD and see what they have in it.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I owned the first two in my home DVD collection. The first one in widescreen format, and the second in full-screen.Saw the movie (3) today. and it's not that bad as it seems. Is just as good as it's two predecessors. It's a little darker than the first two, but it has a heart-touching ending which I can't spoil this to you. You just have to see it. Overall, I like the great special effects in 3. And the character moments are great.And your suggestion of part 3 being the best sequel yet in the franchise, akin with LOTR: The Return of the King is a great compliment. I hope there's more of Spidey's movie adventures coming in the future.I hope that SM3 will be the biggest movie of the summer. I enjoyed it all the way and I can highly recommend this to friends.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Did I call that or what? :unsure: I can't believe this movie could gross that much in a weekend like that. Well I will keep my prediction going and say it will either replace star wars for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean for 6th or the first Spider-Man for 7th. Of course with the final Pirates of the Caribbean coming out a few weeks this could be the biggest summer of movies of all time.

I just saw it. It was pretty good, and yes Justinx14, there were quite a few corny parts. Overall it wasn't bad. Toby did a good job of playing "imo Spiderman" or so it seemed to me. It was rather long to my surprise, about 2 and 1/2 hours. The camera on some scenes made me dizzy, but that was probably because I was thinking about the cameras and not what was happening in the movie. The ending was great in a sad way. The movie in general was sadder than the first two. I would recommend seeing it, and I would give it 3 out of 4 stars (although the reviews have given it 1.5 and other bad ratings).I didn't get a Spiderman cup SM :unsure: