xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lekrissy

What's Your Favorite Class/job? From Final Fantasy and other RPGs

Most RPGs have classes/jobs (of course I know you know), even though they might not mention it. Final Fantasy is the most prominent one to have them (Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dungeons and Dragons does, too, doesn't it?). There's a wide variety of them: warrior, knight, mage, dragoon, ect, along with many subclasses.What's your favorite class?Mine is white mage. I don't know why. It's always stuck with me. :unsure:

I've always loved the assassin/thief type of characters. They're always extremely mysterious. I love that in a character, I think it makes the game a lot more intense.If they're is no thief type character, I'd usually go for a black mage, mainly because I fell in love with VIVI from Final Fantasy. I'm not sure what it was, maybe it was the fact that you didn't see his face, so it kind of appealed to the whole mystery thing I was talking about. I have found myself using white mages fairly often also, they are usually such gentle characters.

I love Vivi! He's so adorable. :) I like white mages/healer types because I like their gentle and calm personality, like you said, Jalkson.I like mysterious characters, too, like Auron from Final Fantasy 10. I think he was more of like a knight/warrior, though.I also like the warriors because I love using swords. lol I wish Final Fantasy used holy knights more (like Beatrix from Final Fantasy 9) because it's a mix of white magic and melee.

I usually like destructive spellcasters like sorcerers or black mages, only, they don't usually have escape spells. They're frail and all that (supposedly) that they're very much allergic to melee combat. Still, it beats priests 'coz sorcerers can wield magic without needing a god, totem, deivine being, guardian force, whatever :)I'd like a spellcaster with a healthy serving of escape, inhibitive and curative spells, though :)

Assassins, hands down!

best strategy in FFTA and FFTA2- Fill your team with Viera Assassin's and give them Sniper as secondary, and Concentrate as support... Snipers learn a very useful ability allowing them to turn invisible (though its name escapes me right now...), Assassins have a 1 hit ko attack (last breath), and Concentrate makes you incredibly accurate. Seeing as Assassins are naturally fast, they're likely to be the first characters to attack (unless opponent has assassins/thieves/ninjas/etc). Make your team invisible, and man up, 1v1... Watch your opponent fall fast as you take them out before they can retaliate! :D

-reply by Uforia

My favorite class within all the Final Fantasy series was Dragoon, well its called several names through the Final Fantasy series "Dragoons" or "Lancers", well within Final Fantasy 11 I had a Taru Taru Dragoon and having a pet dragon was indeed fun and made you feel less lonely when you actually do solo farming. But they all share the same whether it is dragoon or lancer which is basically to utilize a spear and the jump techniques. Oh man the Final Fantasy Tactics Lancer was epic in the sense they pretty much could avoid all damage by using a jump technique, well you cannot target what you cannot see but problem with the technique in that game was if the enemy was to happen to move before your technique came through its an obvious miss as the enemy wouldn't be within the spot you targeted for the jump.Second favorite class is Ninja and I'm talking the one from Tactics as well, you could pretty much throw anything within your inventory whether it was swords, elemental balls, chains, spears, books (Funniest) etc. Plus they have the ability Dual Wield which allows double weapons which gives you double attack, so ninja was rather a very agile, quick and strong class plus they seem to move the furthest.

I have always prefered to be a mage or ranged attacker like a bowman, although recently I have tended to go with the warrior class and the use of melee weapons in a variety of other games too.