xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

World In Conflict

I look forward to this new real-time strategy game coming out soon called World in Conflict.It takes place in an alternate history when the Cold War did not end in 1989 as we thought, it got worse. As Russian military forces invades America, it's up to the US military to repel the invaders and end this war before it melts down to an inevitable fate.I heard it's going to be released this summer. I have high hopes it'll be a hit along the lines of the Command & Conquer franchise and Starcraft.

Well it looks nice at least screenshots present ontheir home web site look nice. However you could add that they have shown mostly air combat and not so much of the ground combat itself so this does produce certain thing to think when they advertise this game as completely 3D destructive environment command and conquer also was saying such things for the generals and what were you able to do destroy few trees and buildings. Of course it is easier in this sort of games to produce the 3D enviroment then for some first person shooting. But I am still missing few pictures about the soldier fight in the city or something similar. Also we have to wait and see how will it be after realease although you cannot judge game by screenshots.And I would like to add that they have chosen qwrong year to push this game out as command and conquer tiberium sun has realead and several really nicely done games. So the market is quite saturated at the moment with good rts games.

Here are the latest trailers from World in Conflict courtesy of GameTrailers.com.

First up is the single-player campaign mode. Where you play a US Soldier trying to fend off the Soviets invading America. You will have some partners and characters, including Commander Sawyer, tank driver Bannon, and fellow grunt Webb, to help your mission during the course of the campaign. It's a tongue-and-cheek trailer set to the theme of '80's detective show, Magnum P.I.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The next trailer, featured at the 2007 Sierra Gamers Conference, features a cutscene where US forces make a counter-offensive on New York City as their helicopter convoy got ambushed by a Russian rocket-propelled grenade. This is one of the most intense cutscenes shown from the game, and since this is set in an alternative reality circa 1989, you can see the New York skyline with the World Trade Center still intact.

Should be a damn good game when its released. I played the beta for a bit and ti was good. I haven't downloaded the demo because of computer problems sadly.

I was looking forward to this game to be like Company of Heroes.Iam disappointed.The graphics are not top notch although the physics effects are good.Plus the storyline is awful.Once you complete the campaigns, the game ends. Period. I mean that's it. No other choice like skirmish, etc.Plus the campaign itself consists of placing your units in specific circles or areas.If you take the tutorial, and you quit in middle, you can't continue tutorial from where you left off. You need to start from begining.The movies are great, the cutscenes are good, plus the physics if awesome.But all of this pales in comparison to the phenomenally awful storyline, lack of skirmish option and no easier user controls.