xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EIite Grunt

Whats A Puzzle Game (im Not Kidding) im not kidding ive never heard of a PUZZLE game could someone help

i realy only focus on FPS so can someone explain what a puzzle game is is it like an acade game or sumting i dont no but if someone could explain it would help.(ive never heard of a puzzle game)i feel like im stupid

Puzzle games are a game genre which are, primarily, concerned with solving puzzles (duh). Unlike action games, there usually are no time limits. A popular one would be minesweeper, despite the timer on the upper toolbar of the game. For non-PC games, a classic example would be Rubik's cube and mastermind (if you've heard of it). Packing games, like Sokoban (and probably Tetris), also fall under this genre, although some might have hostile characters moving inside the maze, combining an element of action games.

Nowadays, though, most games combine two or, most probably, even more genres. It is not unusual to see timers on what used to be solely puzzle games. Likewise, several action, FPS, RPG's and even 2D scrolling games incorporate puzzles into their gameplay, often as mini-games or quests.

Hope I was of help :unsure: