xisto Community
Carson

Exporting Database Problems

On the host I moved here from, I have a database that I would like to transfer. On this host I am unable to use PHPMyAdmin, but I have MySQL-Admin 3.3 that works fine. But the main problem is the host. Recently they made it so you there is only a 1mb upload limit, and also that MySQL temporarily will not operate properly. Which is basically why I want to get off that host.Anyway, I can export each of the small tables easily. But I have tables that are over 2mb, and I do not know how I can get them. When I click on "Show table", the table starts to load, but then it stops without finishing. The main table I want is the posts table, which is is over 2mb, and I really need to get it in order to move off the host. I am really stuck, and need help. Can anyone give me some advice on what I can do?

You need more internet speed to see full table ,then download part of table wich is under 1MB ,couple steps and you get database.If you have same problem again please temporarily slose the site to gain more bandwidth from server .Some servers count connections from single IP address and then block them or limit bandwidth........I hope that is helpful

Can you use a 'back-up' feature of their 'c-panel' to store a copy locally, re-create the database in the new location and re-store to the second database from the 'back-up'?

Actually, they do not have C-Panel. So I cannot make a back-up locally.

I did find a program that may help me export my database though. It's called MyBackup, and it allows you to backup your database on your host locally. The only problem is, I cannot get the FTP settings to work properly, so I cannot use the program. Here is a screenshot of what the FTP settings box looks like:

Posted Image

I think I can use my Xisto account's FTP settings for this, right? I use a subdomain with Xisto, so can anyone tell me the details that I need to enter? I have had no luck so far with what I've tried. It always comes up with the message:

* FTP settings are incorrect. Enable to Connect ftp.

Thank you for the help.