xisto Community
sweet_princess

How Can I Grow Taller?

I'm 15 years old, about 48Kg but I'm only 5"2 in my height. I hate being short! Girls who are tall are always so pretty! I want to grow at least 2-5 inches taller, What should I do? And, yes I am a girl! Please help,Thanks xx

Edited by sweet_princess (see edit history)

I've heard stretching helps. But I think probably all you really can do is eat right and hope a growth spurt comes at ya. I heard women don't stop growing until ~20. I'm pretty sure you'll grow another 2 inches sometime within a two years.

Well I always thought growing was a natural thing and happens naturally. So I would say just wait and within the years you will grow taller, I wish I could be a little taller. :unsure:

Well im 6 foot 3ish and being tall isnt all its cracked up to be, i have to duck in cars and watch out i dont hit my head, and you get noticed easily in a croud and finding a girl my height.. I dont even bother!But id second what TypoMage said, growing is a natural thing, unless you want to break your legs stretch them out and let them heal then youre going to have to be patient. To maximise your chances of getting taller i would suggest, no smoking or drugs other than medication, not loads of alcohol and eat healthy like calcium and things as that helps your bones grow which are what make you tall. And maybe some mild exercise like walking, cycling, running, swimming, just to make your body be healthy and develop strong bone and muscle structures which might lead to longer bones and hence you being taller. Though all that said i think tallness is a genetic thing, you cant just make yourself taller like you can loose weight. what i said above is just my ideas on what would give your body the right resources and "reasons" to give you strong, long bones, which leads you to being taller. And theres nothing wrong with your height in my eyes, i like a shorter girl and i think most guys like a girl around your height and given the fact youre still 14 you still have a good few years of growing left and you will grow taller, a good few inches probably :unsure:

no smoking or drugs other than medication

Actually medication can stunt your growth just as easy as smoking and alcohol. :unsure: So be careful what kind of medication you are taking, read all the side effects.

Also there are many things you can do to make yourself appear taller, high heels, vertical stripes (I think). Maybe someone that knew more about fashion could help you with stuff like that.

You could get stilts! :(

If you are a male, you shouldn't be done growing yet. You just started. However if you are a female, you might be done. Your height isn't something you controll. Besides I'm 5'6.5 and let me tell you it isn't much fun being taller than most of the boys in our class.

I used smoke alot of weed when i was going through a growth spurt and I only grew to be six foot.I wonder if i would have been real tall if I wouldn't have done that.

Avoid more than a glass of wine a day. Alcohol, in any greater quantity, leaches your body of minerals and vitamins. Learn to swim. I don't know if it's the neutralizing effect of gravity while you're in the water or what, but I've noticed people who swim often grow taller. Eat whole food. If you don't know what whole food is, look it up. It's important for your body to get calcium and other minerals from plants, not cow's. Avoid Sodium Fluoride, it causes osteo-florosis which is a brittling of the bones and can lead to serious bone problems down the road. Juice isn't good for you unless fresh squeezed from a live fruit. Otherwise it's just sugarwater. Avoid all sugarwater at all cost! Drink (unfluoridated) water when you're thirsty. If you're really dehydrated an occasional Gatoraid isn't going to hurt. It's got High Fructose Corn Syrup in it, though, and your body doesn't know how to process it. Since it's not natural, it's therefor bad for you. Stay away from things that are bad for you and you'll maximize your growth potential and you'll end up as nature (or God) intended. Good luck.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

At 14, you should still be growing. One valuable detail you left out was what gender you are. It will help us help you give some tips. :unsure: Unfortunately, most of your height will be determined by your genes. But you could help reach your maximum genetic height by exercising and eating nutrional and healthy foods.There are rumors that basketball and swimming could help you grow taller; again, these are rumors and are not scientifically proven so you could try that. But again, take your vitamins (if you do not receive enough nutrition) and drink plenty of milk (calcium intake). These things will not make you taller, but will help you fulfill your maximum potential height. If you're female, you should look at your mother and blood relatives. You should be around that height; but you could be taller or shorter depending on which genes you received. If you're male, vice versa. But this is not always accurate so don't be discouraged if your parents are short.I recommend talking to your doctor if you're really concerned. There are such things as "growth hormones" but it is highly unrecommended for you to take them unless you are very short. It can cause diabetes and other side effects so it should be a last resort. When you're an adult and really unsatisfied with your height, you can receive limb lengthening surgery. It can help you gain up to around 6 more inches. But this is even more discouraged as it will be a very painful process which will put you in a wheel chair from 6 - 12 months. After the healing process, you will have a high chance of arthritis, etc. So, growth hormones and surgery should be out of your list. If you're really concerned you should talk to your pediatrician about this and I'm sure he/she will provide you with sufficient details on what you could do.

Your posture also helps. If you stand and sit straight, you'll appear taller. But you'll also avoid developing a bad slouching habit, which can come back to hurt you (literally) later in life.But for the most part, like others have already said: you aren't finished growing yet. Female or male, you can expect more growth spurts over the next few years or so. My last one hit when I was 17 or 18 (I'm female, by the way). I only gained about half an inch out of that one, but it was better than nothing :unsure:

Actually medication can stunt your growth just as easy as smoking and alcohol.

True but if you need any medication then don't hesitate in taking it if your doctor suggests it, on the other hand if you're mental about taking pills for anything from an itch to a sneeze then lay off them a little unless you do need them. Most people unless on life long medication wont be taking medication every day or maybe not even every week or few weeks so i dont think that medication would be a big issue, though from my understanding Smack would be right in saying that. :unsure:

The biggest issue probably isnt how tall you are, its how tall you *think* you are, a 7ft girl can still *think* shes too short even though shes clearly not.

By the way im talking about girls in my post as i guessed from the "princess" part of youre name that youre a girl, if im wrong let me know!

eat right, sleep right, excercise...and leave the rest to your body. i'm not in favour of medication and methods to 'increase height'...unless its proven and there are 100% no complications or side effects. height doesn't really matter unless you think it matters ^^" you're 14..you still have plenty of time to grow =) you can try drinking a glass of milk everyday and excercising or do sports for say...half an hour a day, out in the morning of evening sun. sleep early too. that should be about the best method to help you increase your height. but at the end of the day, if you didn't get to the height you wanted..so what? live with it :unsure: you're still you

What are you worried about? From what I gather the average height for a woman in the United States is 5'3," so you're only an inch under average. At 14 you should be more concerned with your studies - which is a daunting task in today's public "school" system. Someone mentioned drinking milk. Leafy greens like Swiss Chard have much more usable calcium than milk, of which only a relatively small percentage is absorbed by the body. Further, non-organic, pasteurized milk is proven to have considerable negative health consequences on the human body.