xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Did You Know Sometimes the brain can be tricked

Studies show that simple things can affect how much you eat! Here are some of them:Color variation affects how much of somthing you eat
Size of a plate affects how much you eat
The color of food affects how much of it you eat
The glass effects how much you drink
Hope this helps those of you dieting!

I've heard that the color red makes you hungry and thats why McDonalds uses red. They also said something about the color yellow but I can't quite remember it.I wonder if a square tray makes you eat less because I never ate a lot of school cafeteria food! But that might of just been the taste... and color. (yuck!)

I've heard that the color red makes you hungry and thats why McDonalds uses red. They also said something about the color yellow but I can't quite remember it.
I wonder if a square tray makes you eat less because I never ate a lot of school cafeteria food! But that might of just been the taste... and color. (yuck!)

People automaticly pull away from the color yellow. thats why yellow is always the last m&m to be eaten. I don't know if they have found the reason for this.

I think the texture plays a role too. I don't know very many people that find green, mushy guacamole very tasty. Yellow never seemed like an appetizing color to me. Maybe you think of some yellow food that tasted bad and that's why you don't eat it? I don't know. A bigger plate always makes me eat more because there is more food, and I feel like I shouldn't leave a lot left one the plate. It would certainly be an interesting topic to study.

I knew about the size of the dish thing, but I wasn't familiar with the others.And yeah - texture makes a difference. So does smell. We involve most of our senses when we eat, so the food has to appeal in more than one way. There are exceptions, though. Personally, I think that tuna fish looks disgusting. But I love the stuff. :unsure:

I've heard about this point from time to time and I think it's pretty true. I wonder how people or scientists tests for valid results?

I don't know very many people that find green, mushy guacamole very tasty.

Sorry, I had to do a double take at that one! When my friends and I make guacamole, that's the first thing to run out, even before salsa and way before any other dip. I also love butternut squash and lemon tarts which are both very pretty yellow colors. And let's not forget the incredible, edible egg! Scrambled, sunny-side up, hard-boiled, as an omlette or as quiche, it's yellow and quite yummy. And who doesn't love corn? Corn on the cob, popcorn, creamed corn, cornbread, I could go on and on!
I remember a news article that said something about eating a variety of colors in food is healthy since the colors show the presence of different amino acids or something like that. So get out those mixed vegetables with a healthy dose of orange carrots, yellow corn and green beans!

Anyways, I was thinking someone should do an experiment and put the same amount of food on a small plate and a large plate and see what the difference is. Maybe do something generic like ice cream. Actually, scratch that. I would finish ice cream no matter how much is on the plate or even how big the plate is.

Studies show that simple things can affect how much you eat! Here are some of them:Color variation affects how much of somthing you eatSize of a plate affects how much you eat
Hope this helps those of you dieting!

Eating habbits of a person also depends uppon his psychological behiviour. may be looking at differenr colours one may feel hungry or starved , but its purely the behaviour which leads them to eat more or less.

Oh yes, I'm definatly a yellow food fan! Corn is my favorite vegetable, I slather butter on everything, and oh yes, love that guacamole!I was told by my former boss years ago when he set up a salad bar in the restuarant, that the color chartruse (I'm not sure how that's spelled, it's that yellow/green color) was supposed to depres the appetite and was recomended for coloring around an "all you can eat" sort of food bar.

Color variation affects how much of somthing you eatSize of a plate affects how much you eat

Good points! Also, another important thing is if your friends eat more and are more acceptive of fatter people, then you will probably eat more. I would guess that this likely happens subconsciously.