xisto Community
Mermaid711

How Should I Ask A Guy Out? help a sista out

What kind of a guy is it? How close are you to or with him? You sure he's the right type for you? Help us to help you. :unsure: We wouldn't want you getting into a relationship that you'd regret getting in afterwards. :(

This is true- I've had plenty of those... Well he is on my tennis team and we are good friends, and I'm affraid that if i ask himand he says no things will get very akward.

This is true- I've had plenty of those... Well he is on my tennis team and we are good friends, and I'm affraid that if i ask himand he says no things will get very akward.

well if you want to ask him out, i'd say approach him when he is alone,
then your're going to more relaxed i guess then when he is with a lot of other guys
also if you really like him a lot and you want him to notice it more quickly, do a certain way of approach that is different from the alldays "hey, wanna go out?" :unsure: just act like yourself girl :(, don't change your behavior just to ask him it
if you ask him it the friend way, you're probably going to get another way of answer then if you ask it on a more lovely way

perhaps the girls on this forum can give some more advice :(

in any case, go for it girl :D

How should i ask a guy out?

Uh, why would any self-respecting woman ask a man out? Remember, YOU are the catch. YOU are the fragrant flower, the crown jewel, that precious Holy Grail a man will scale oceans of time to discover. YOU are that magnet he feels an irrepressible draw toward; because he is the steel. Why fight natural law?

To gain a man's respect, you must think highly enough of yourself to know you are worthy of attracting a man by your mere presence. Notice I use the word "man" instead of "guy," or "boy." A guy or boy isn't mature enough to understand these time-honored, chivalrous concepts. Today's castrated, dumb-downed boy is so overwhelmed with jaded TV and female hormones from the tainted meat supply, he'd rather lay around dropping Prozac than initiate an adult relationship. This kind of male would no doubt be flattered by your awkward defiance of natural law (it feels awkward for a reason). But more than that, he will expect you to make the first move, because he's been trained to be a weakling by the modern media. A man, on the other hand, would wonder what the heck is wrong with you and find some excuse to run the other direction. The question is, do you want a boy, or do you want a man?

What kind of a guy is it? How close are you to or with him? You sure he's the right type for you? Help us to help you.

Indeed. Specs on the guy is just as important as specs on you. (Uh, that's Mermaid711, not truefusion :D) Oh yeah, this might be a bit too far out but also be observant of him. I've seen many a girl fall for guys who happen to like guys too. Well, I don't know you at all but, in all honesty, I wouldn't want to see you fall blindly into that one.

Well if you want to ask him out, I'd say approach him when he is alone,

In my humble opinion, doing so could very well arouse suspicion both in him and in anyone within eyesight. Might I advice you to approach him but make it appear as though he was the one who approached you. I've seen lots of movies where, in the olden times, women "accidentally" dropped their handkerchiefs on the floor. Well, that would be gross, especially in the school cafeteria so if you're gonna try that, bring an extra hanky. Also, it'd be a great chance to find out if he's chivalrous or apathetic (I don't know about you but I can hazard a guess that most girls would like a gentleman) :(

Seriously, though, you can drop something harmless, like notebooks or pens. Just don't overdo it or you'll come across as a clumsy girl. Some guys might find it cute but it's generally not worth the risk.

also if you really like him a lot and you want him to notice it more quickly, do a certain way of approach that is different from the all days "hey, wanna go out?"

I do agree. Stand out. Don't be as flat, dull, gray and uninteresting as everyone else (I'm talking about personality, not anatomy) Again, though, don't overdo it. If your personality is more like a goth than anything else, don't come to school suddenly wearing a vision in pink with a heavenly smile all genki like some stupid anime character(s).

Perhaps the girls on this forum can give some more advice :(

I'm not a girl, sorry. I do, however, like most humans, readily give advice and come up with solutions when it's not at all my problem. :unsure:

Uh, why would any self-respecting woman ask a man out? Remember, YOU are the catch. YOU are the fragrant flower, the crown jewel, that precious Holy Grail a man will scale oceans of time to discover. YOU are that magnet he feels an irrepressible draw toward; because he is the steel. Why fight natural law?

Awh, I'm hurt by the last line :(

In any case, while I do not agree that a woman should not ask a man out, I also believe that women were supposed to take a more subtle, roundabout approach. I had this friend who fancied a guy; she used a lot of tricks in the book and some that weren't. First of all, she fell in as one of the "guys" He and his buddies became her friends and they liked her for appreciating what other girls do not fancy like roughhouse sports. Pretty soon, she came to hang out with them in different places, sometimes just lounging around their houses. Sometimes, too, she invites them in her house.

Sometimes, too, most of them couldn't make it so she and the guy she wanted have some of those days left alone with each other. Oh yeah, she also learned that a crying girl is disarming to a guy so, sometimes, she "confides" her "grief" with school, thesis and work to her "buddy" In any case, it ends up with him hugging and consoling her.

Well, it's about to get a lot more cheesy than that so I'll probably spare you all and just say, "Be crafty, be sly, be wise and there's no man that cannot be yours!" (That is, of course, assuming the absence of friction, feminine resistance and other outside forces)

Go girl! And best of luck ;)

Who said it was natural law for the woman to ask the guy out? If a chick that didn't impress me, or I didn't consider a 'catch' asked me out, and i still thought she was an OK, Sweet, Kind person I'd say yes, so therefore wouldn't I be her catch? Some guys don't like asking girls out, so if a certain girl would like a guy, then she should also make every effort to be with him, as any guy would with a girl.

Come on yall guys! It's 2007! Women are more equal to men now than ever (except we don't act like apes when we see pamela anderson on tv.) Why shouldn't we ask them out?

I'd have to agree with Misanthrope. Even guys prefer it if you play hard to get. If a girl started hitting on me, that would just be kind of a turn off... I'd much rather prefer asking a girl out than she asking me out...