xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

If There Is No God Or Other Divine Being...

Than how do we know the big bang is how it all came to be? I mean, Earth wasn't here forever you know. Ho do we know anything? How do we know if there is another universe floating around out there? If there is no God, than how did 32 basic elements created by the stars form such complex beings as our selfs? It makes you think, doesn't it?

Ah, for a second there, i thought this topic was directed toward us believers. :unsure: But the way i've seen some unbelievers "tackle" this question is by saying, "Well, the beginning of time/universe happened so long ago to even care about. So, let's move on to some other material." And even if the Big Bang did in fact happen, there would still be the problem of, "Where did all the heat come from?" I don't know if you'll get any responses from unbelievers that addresses your questions (properly); or at least i never did.

Well, I do believe that God created this world; however, not in the same sense as the bible discribes it. I believe that God sparked the big bang and created the physics that brought every thing we know into existance. I do think it is possible that God may have created other planets with life and even another universe. I don't think it was ever possible that all this matter and energy came out of nowhere so I do think God had to be there to start it all. I also think that perhaps the big bang wasn't the beginning of all time, but rather, it was the collapse of an old universe and started anew. Imagine, an entire universe with an unfathomable ammount of matter collapsed on itself due to the weight, so when all the matter collided into a singularity, all that energy exploded and the matter scattered in the form of plasma for thousands of years until it finally cooled. After slowly cooling, gravity begins to pull particles together creating planets, stars, moons, and everything else in the universe. I think this could happen again, and has been happening since the beginning of time. But, like I said, it could never have happened without God to start it all.

I believe in the Big Bang because scientists can prove that the other side of the universe is moving away from us. We can see that everything in the entire universe is moving away from a central point. So therefore we believe that at the "beginning of time" all the matter in the universe existed in a tiny tiny ball. Then something happened and it exploded. Bang! Lol. Take a look at Wikipedia for a better explanation of the big bang.

Oh yes, and actually the Big Bang does not disprove God or any divine being. It only gives an explanation to HOW, not WHO or WHY.

Edited by Smack (see edit history)

Oh yes, and actually the Big Bang does not disprove God or any divine being. It only gives an explanation to HOW, not WHO or WHY.

We know. But the topic title along with the topic-post suggests that it is about the Who and maybe the why, not insomuch the how. The topic title apparently is the start of the topic-post; that is, the introduction, and the topic-post continues it: if, then: "If there is no God, then how could the Big Bang happen?" It implies that if the Big Bang is true, then God must exist. It may also imply: Since the universe has been created, God must therefore exist.

We know. But the topic title along with the topic-post suggests that it is about the Who and maybe the why, not insomuch the how. The topic title apparently is the start of the topic-post; that is, the introduction, and the topic-post continues it: if, then: "If there is no God, then how could the Big Bang happen?" It implies that if the Big Bang is true, then God must exist. It may also imply: Since the universe has been created, God must therefore exist.

No she says "Than how do we know the big bang is how it all came to be?" Also just because the big bang is true it does not imply that God must exist. The Big Bang theory does not say anything about religious questions, it is strictly scientific. The big bang does not start out "and then God..." or "and then no god..." The Big Bang has nothing, zip zero, to do with religion! Religion is not science and science is not religion. If it were, we could prove the existence of the Tooth fairy, I mean God. Sigh.

Also, space is infinite so there could be another universe out there, another ball that has expanded. And we just cannot see the light from it... yet.

Edited by Smack (see edit history)

We don't exactly know how the Universe began. Some theorize that it has gone on infinitely. Others say it was a god, though then arises the problem of how that god began to exist. It's a tricky thing to think about, which makes us believe that some god could have created it because we simply do not have the data to explain how the Universe came to be. We have no ideas of what is outside our Universe, so we cannot know how it could have began.Here's a rundown of how science thinks the Universe began to take shape:The Universe was quite small before, but inside the Universe, there were matter and antimatter particles. These particles violently clashed together, causing the Universe to violently expand. Particles started forming in this chain reaction. Eventually these particles created dark matter, planets, and stars - simply clusters of these particles. Our planet was eventually created, and was inhabited by harmful gases. These gases broke down into life supporting gases. Other things broke down to form a primordial soup from which chemical reactions generated proteins, which linked together to create virii, which started to compicate into the first organelled cells, which joined together in colonies to form multicellular organisms, which diversified to adapt to environments eventually to the point where more complex creatures like us mutated. In essence, science explains life was just a byproduct of the right circumstances of heat and chemicals forming together to create things that can act.

[1]No she says "Than how do we know the big bang is how it all came to be?" [2]Also just because the big bang is true it does not imply that God must exist. [3]The Big Bang theory does not say anything about religious questions, it is strictly scientific. The big bang does not start out "and then God..." or "and then no god..." The Big Bang has nothing, zip zero, to do with religion! [4]Religion is not science and science is not religion. If it were, we could prove the existence of the Tooth fairy, I mean God. Sigh.

Also, [5]space is infinite so there could be another universe out there, another ball that has expanded. And we just cannot see the light from it... yet.

[1]She did not disagree with my post, therefore it is an if-then topic. Furthermore, the topic title has three dots at the end, which further proves my claim.

[2]It can because 1) things happen for a reason, and 2) you can't create something out of nothing.

[3]It doesn't have to mention anything about God or religion for it to imply that God exists.

[4]Quote from Albert Einstein himself:

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

[5]If space is infinite, then how can there be room for another universe? It would have to be in a different dimension.

Well i personally belive there is a god. i am a christian. Einstine had a theore that kinda agrees with the big bang and that is that space is curved and microwave graphs have proved it. there is scientific proof that the universe is still expanding. So technically there could be multiple universes. Hey if adam and eve were the first humans, does that mean that we are all inbred?

It's quite possible. The question really at hand is "where did it all come from?". Some substances clashed and caused the big bang, but who put the substances there in the first place? where did they come from? And if something did put the substances there, where did THAT come from? the questions will go on for eternity, as long as humankind exists :unsure: Lifetimes will be spent searching for answers that will lead to more questions. :( So imo we should all forget about it, agree that the universe is in fact carried around by a short moustached man in a leather sack, and go play world of warcraft, like i was going to do before i noticed that my hosting credits had run out :( that said, here is my theory:The universe is in a ball, a big black ball - well its big to us, but there could be things outside the ball that think we are minusicle. Heck we could just be inside an atom in another, larger, universe, which is inside another atom in a larger universe, and so on.Imo however, the universe is a ball that is orbiting something. What that something is, is the thing that put the substances out there. Its obviously pretty big or the universe cant orbit it. However, the question then is, who put the thing that the universe is orbiting out there?Hey if i carried on, i could amass all the creds i ever needed just posting in this thread :D

If universe doesn't have beginning and end in space(which everyone accepts as a fact today) then how can it have beginning int time. There are many other theories other than Big Bang theories(this theory is well known by bigger part of population just because it is so simple in idea so people tend to accept it without much thinking) and many say that universe didn't have beginning(there are mathematical models of universe made by Stephen Hawking in which he assumed there was not beginning and they explain everything as good as big bang theory does).Even if that is not true and universe had some kind of beginning to say that it was work of god just because we don't understand(humans aren't as smart as people tend to think so) is another way people prove how limited they are.

well many of you guys say that the big does not say if god did it or not but if you ask many science they will denie god and say it was accidental witch in opinion is very stupid because how could something that is so complex so beutifull be an accident. even in their studies nothing is accidental and saying that the big bang started just by luck is going angainst their own logic. most would say it started with particles then you'de say where did those particles com from then they'de give you another answer then you'de challenge that and so on and so.

We don't exactly know how the Universe began. Some theorize that it has gone on infinitely. Others say it was a god, though then arises the problem of how that god began to exist.

to this statement think if this being is god would it need a begining if he knows all and can do all why would it need a begining. god is the alpha and the omega the beining and the end so it does not need a begining or a creation he is the begining of time he is time and he will be the end of time. he's always been there he's still here and he will continue being there even after the end.
well in the end this argument can go on till the end of time and that's when we will truely found out was this world was an accident or is this god the almighty has come to judge those who has done right and those who has done wrong. and hopefully it's number two because it's the only one that gives my life meaning and many others in this world.
Edited by etycto (see edit history)

I realize this is a somewhat old topic, but as an Atheist I am here with my opinion. If you are going to make the argument that God had to have start the Big Bang because there is no other explanation for the origin of the dense matter, then using the same logic I have to ask you who created God if there is one? If God has always been there then why couldn't the dense matter have always been there? If you are assuming the Big Bang had to have been created why is God exempt from this?