xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lihuyt

Afs - Study Abroad

Hi
This is a starter about AFS - study abroad.

AFS is a leader in intercultural learning and offers international exchange programs in over 50 countries around the world through independent, not-for-profit AFS organizations, each with a network of volunteers, a professionally staffed office, and headed up by a volunteer board. AFS International provides worldwide leadership, coordination, support, quality control and development of AFS organizations and programs.

- http://www.afs.org/
AFS is today actually in 50 countries, and they help over 11 000 students study abroad each year.

AFS will turn diversity into an asset instead of a source of conflict. It is our belief that people change the world by taking responsibility in their local community aided by a wider global perspective.

- AFS vision
If you want to read about all of the programs they have to offer, click here.

The one I am thinking about doing myself is to take one year of volunteering anywhere south in the world. This has allways been a dream of mine and it fascinates me. Here comes some information on this program:

As a volunteer you can help with many things including promoting AFS in the local community and schools by finding and interviewing students and families, serving as a contact person for an AFS student, organizing fundraising events, and arranging activities for AFS students. Volunteering also offers opportunities for leadership roles at the local, national and international levels

Now thats the end of the starter. I hope all of you that have been abroad with AFS share your experiences here, and that this post will be full of AFS. Good luck, have fun.