xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Free Forum Service Is it allowed?

Everybody knows of sites that can give you free forums like ipbfree, mnvisionfree, forumer, and many others.My question is this, I read some where a while back that you were not allowed to have those types of services on your board, meaning it was forbidden to have other people get boards and host them on your site.I wanted to uploadf a scirpt that allowes you to have a service similar toi those listed abov. Now I know that is against the ruoes, but I wanted to have a service like that, but not enable everyone to be able to make oone. See I watned to make some contest on my board and each month the winner would get a free hosted site on my hosting account. THis would only be each month, and for it to be easy, instead of having to upload phpbb boards over and over again, especially with fantastico being down, that would be hard, I would use the script which automatically does that for me hassell free. Now I need to know if doing that would be against the T.O.S as well.Since this wouldnt be open to the public, would be accepetable?Im hoping this is, since it would not only encourage members, it would be easier installing these boards, and all I can get make some revenue by putting Google Ads on them.*I am not going to make a service like Fourmer, and you can be sure of that, since bandwidth is limited so I wouldnt want a service like that which does take up a lot of space.

No, Hosting of other members on your site is strictly prohibited. Our resources are expensive and limited.

Opaque spoke so there's no discussion here. But for me it's totally unconceivable that one user of a free webhosting uses that account to give free hosting to others... the server will suffer for lot of people using only one account. I wouldn't even propose something like this, doesn't seem fair to me.

@OpaqueAlright, thanks for the answer. I understand why the rule is like that, and I accept it. But Is there any other hosts that let you do this like Xisto - Web Hosting, ect. ?