xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seez

"sigs" And Making Them About sigs and making them

Ok, so I am figuring out PHP and HTML and computer coding and programming, and scripts and game-developing languages and computer software and technology and stuff like that. And I am wondering about sigs.I don't know what this stands for. Does "sig" stand for anything in the first place? Is it short for anything? I think I know what they are because I've seen people make them. And I've seen their final results. I think I made a sig when I went to http://www.danasoft.com/ and made my own sign... that IS a sig, right?Please post what they are and how to make them, and what they stand for, what they are short for.... etc. Thanks!

They are short for signature. Most people talking about sigs are talking about a 350x 100- 400x 170 document in photoshop, GIMP, or other programs. They use special grunge or tech brushes downloaded at deviantart.com. Just search "GIMP Grunge brushes" or "Photoshop Tech Brushes". Then that is for the background, and they find a "render" for the main image of the sig, like the wizard in my sig. Then they have blending techniques they use. Then lastly they add some text, usually there name. Check out some tutorials here in the GFX forum in the Trap. Have fun with it!

EDIT- You can get the gimp here and a tutorial for how to set it up here. It is free. Photoshop is $700 US.

Edited by Imtay22 (see edit history)

Sigs = signature. People refer to the gfx in their signature as their sigs. I've been working for years in photoshop and haven't even gotten amazing yet. Try out GIMP like he gave you and you may find it's fun. I love messing with pictures and encourage everyone to get into sig making.

some tutorial sites:

spoono.com - good gfx tutorials

pixel2life - just about any tutorial for any program ur looking for

[url="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/- easily the best search engine for photoshop tuts

good liuck