xisto Community
sweet_princess

A True Religion? A religion that has scientific facts in its scriptures

You might have heard a lot of people going on about how their religion is true but I'm not going to rant on about anything, I'm just going to tell you the straight-forward facts.
The Qur'an has many scientific truths that have only been proven to be correct recently. This is truely a miracle in my eyes, so please go on to this website and read about 'em now!
http://www.islam-guide.com/
If you don't agree with me (which I doubt you will), don't worry, I'm not going to kill you

Some facts about Islam:
The Qur'an says that The Torah was written by Prophet Moses, but the scripture was only made for the people of that time and community, same for the Bible, it was a true book but was only meant for a particular group, and the Bible has been changed by humans, and now we'll never know what the original message was.
Then God finally sent down a last prophet with a last message which is meant to last for all eternity. God promised us that one word of the Qur'an will never change until the last day of the world (and even after that), and that promise has surly been fulfilled.
Islam also teaches us equality and forbids racism and slavery, Prophet Muhammad said that no white man is superior to a black man and vice versa. Muhammad (peace be upon him) had an african friend who was disliked by the people around him, but this hatred ended when Muhammad told everyone that they shouldn't treat him badly because they were true brothers. Sweet or what?
Islam also frowns upon war and violence (don't consider bin laden, they're just freaks who call themselves muslims. It the freaks you should be scared of, not the muslims)
Islam also says that Jesus will return one day, when the world will be coming to an end, and muslims are waiting!
Well those were just a few facts, remember to go on that website please!

Edited by sweet_princess (see edit history)

A lot of religion has some truths to it - that's what makes them believable. If people made up a religion that didn't have some truth to it and was totally incomprehinsible there would be no followers and not many would ever hear about it. Though the 'true religion' could actually have been one of those.

According to NewScientist an aboriginal peoples of Australia have the oldest religion on Earth. They say this cause supposedly they found some cave paintings that are around 6,000 years old. The top hit on Google says Hinduism is the oldest religion, still others say witchcraft. Yahoo! Answers says Zoroastrianism (a religion once practiced by today's Iranians) is the oldest religion which began around 1000 BC. Though it says this religion is monotheistic, and I thought the first religions were polytheistic.

...and the Bible has been changed by humans...

And how do we know that? Simple, because we have found more reliable copies—the ones without human interference—which provide the true message, and which the current and up-to-date Bible translations are based on. :unsure:

God promised us that one word of the Qur'an will never change until the last day of the world (and even after that), and that promise has surly been fulfilled.

Which one word is that? :(

...and the Bible has been changed by humans...

And how do we know that? Simple, because we have found more reliable copiesthe ones without human interferencewhich provide the true message, and which the current and up-to-date Bible translations are based on. :(

The Bible wasn't just changed by humans, it was written by humans. See the fallacy?

Do you know when humans were first on this Earth? Not seven days after the Earth was here. :D

Lots of talk of God, though who here has ever talked to him? If you say you do nowadays you're automatically labeled as crazy! Wonder why.. hmm. :unsure:

it was written by humans. See the fallacy?

It was meant to be written by humans who were just copying God's word.

Do you know when humans were first on this Earth? Not seven days after the Earth was here.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/day[/url]http://forums.xisto.com/ ']10. Often, days. a particular time or period

Not all days are 24hrs long.

Lots of talk of God, though who here has ever talked to him? If you say you do nowadays you're automatically labeled as crazy! Wonder why.. hmm.

Isn't prayer the communication between man and God - or talking to him?

"Prayer" is just talking to yourself and having faith that a higher power is listening. I know that all days are not 24 hours long because a day depends on the amount of time it takes a body to orbit a star - duh. And the writers of the gospel were possessed by the holy spirit to write down God's true words. Yes I know all the opposite "truths" to this argument cause I am an informed educated person that was raised Christian and I have openly debated these things with friends and people in the Church. However when it comes down to all religions you have to rely on this little thing called faith. Also there are many stories in the Bible that are remakes of older stories. :unsure: ...Just ask your English professor.

The Bible wasn't just changed by humans, it was written by humans. See the fallacy?

And the writers of the gospel were possessed by the holy spirit to write down God's true words.

:unsure::( (I hope you understand my implication.)
[hr=noshade]

"Prayer" is just talking to yourself and having faith that a higher power is listening.

What then when a prayer is fulfilled? But let's go in further: Would it have happened if you didn't pray for it?

[1]I am an informed educated person that was raised Christian and [2]I have openly debated these things with friends and people in the Church.

[1]Are you implying that none of us believers are informed and or educated as well?[2]Not everyone knows the same things. Some people go to church just to go or say that they went. And of course you know church isn't all about learning Scripture, it is also there for gaining hope and praising and singing in unity, etc.

Everything i've heard being preached in church i already knew. Perhaps you would like to debate your opposite "truths" here? It is, after all, a fitting topic. :D

...Just ask your English professor.

So we could ask any, even one who is known to be an unbeliever? Could the "facts" then be biased?[/hr]

Before understanding true religion, people who constantly debate over these topics must understand that they must realize the purpose of the religion. Every religion has 1 purpose, to get the follower on the path of inner peace. It might instruct people differently .. however, if all religions are to be studied properly, they all have something in common.Understanding a religion is easy.. but realizing the core meaning of the purpose of any religion is the goal of the religion. Once you realize it, no matter what religion you follow.. its all the same. Since your goal is one. :-)Just my 2 cents.

You might have heard a lot of people going on about how their religion is true ...

The Qur'an says that The Torah was written by Prophet Moses, ..

Islam also teaches us equality ...

Islam also frowns upon war and violence (don't consider bin laden, they're just freaks who call themselves muslims. It the freaks you should be scared of, not the muslims)

Islam also says that Jesus will return one day, when the world will be coming to an end, and muslims are waiting! Well those were just a few facts, remember to go on that website please!

1. Of course everyone has faith he/she believes that his/her religion are the true one. Whatever they say that in words or not. But inside of themselves they believe that.

2. By the way the "religion" term was not used in the old ages but faith or believe were used.

3. Usually I don't argue about religion because I feel that it is personal matter. But I participated in discussion in this Forum because it is arguments by words with non known to me personally and to correct something said about religion in general or Christianity in Particular.

4. I was educated in Egyptian public school and worked there and in Algeria . I have of course many Muslim friends and we respect each other belief.

5. Also I studied the

Qur'an in the school and I lived in Islamic atmosphere where the

Qur'an in radio , TV and everywhere loudly from Mosques.

6. I know Juadism through our studying of the old testiment in the Bible.

7. So I know these three heavenly religions well. I posted in this this forum that Islam, Juadism and Christaianity are believing in the same God, God of Abraham i.e Ibrahim in Arabic[ http://forums.xisto.com/topic/31377-we-believe-in-the-same-one-god-judaism-christianity-and-islam/ ]. The difference is mainlly about Jesus. I am not try to convert any of these religion members but sometimes I explain to my Jews and Muslim their religion.

8. Nobody can reject that Christianity is the religion of peace where Jesus asked to loves the enemies and don't fight any but accept humiliation.

9. But in the past, nobody argue or taught us in the schools that Islam is religion of peace. But they proud and teach the history of conquer of the world. They tell us about the Jihad war and how they opened Egypt, Libeya, Tunis, Moroco and Algeria. How they take over the Persian Empire [iran] and they became Muslims until the wall of China. How the places countries in the former soviet union became Muslims. How they reched the countries Kazkhanstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajakstan, Turkmenstan, Uzbekstan, Azerbijan. Chichnia, etc... How they crossed the Mideterian to Spain and were there 400 years. How Islam reached Turkey and how Constantinople became Astana and Agia Agia Church became Mosque. How was the old Balkan war and that why there are Muslims in Albania, Bosnia and Kosova. How they killed the king of the Serb in battle in Kosova.

10. When Arab conquer Egypt they give us three option: either convert to Islam or pay a big amount of money or to be killed. We survived because our ansestor could paid. The same happened in the region.

11. Moses wrote the four books [The Torah ] in the bible as Osman wrote the Quraan. Moses wrote the first 4 books and put what God told him and what God ordered and what be judge the public.Moreover he put the history until his death. Osman also wrote the Guarani from the memory and collection of people.

12. Also there are many theories and books about how Qur'an received I will not discuss it here.

13. Qur'an ordered to respect Jews and Christian because they are "people of book" . But Insisting that "the Bible has been changed by human" is the tool used by the extremists to attack the Christian or Churches in Egypt or elsewhere against the order of Qur'an"

14. I believe any difference in Bible version are due to translation but without changing the core or the events.

15. The Qur'an is not allowed to be translated. And it is funny that people in non-Arabic countries read and repeat it without knowing the means. When I was in Russia for 5 years, peoples from the Islamic regions were asking me to explain to them and I did. Peoples in Indonesia read

Qur'an without understanding it. Now day in the Internet age, some different group put a translation in the interenet . They said it is not translation but explanation [i don't know what the difference?] You will find some difference between one translation and another. That why I said the difference in the translation. In another occasion I will address this in deep.

16. Also there are some difference in Shiti Qur'an and Sunni Qur'an. Also some group after Ali believed that prophency was on Ali not the Prophet Mohamed.

17. The violence were among the extremists before Usama Ben Ladin. Muslims Brothers and Jihad Groups were before Ben Ladin. The Jehad Group who taught Usama Bin Laden. He was by his money.

18. There were Bombs in America many years before 11 September .

19. The killing in Algeria were before the Al Queeda. I worked in Algeria 4 years before 1986 and it was very very peaceful country.

20. The bombing in London, Madrid .were by local Muslims The same bombing in Bali in Indonesia.

21. Everyday in Iraq about 100 Iraqis are killed by other group of Muslims, I wonder that the killing in Iraq or Algeria also occurring in the holly month of Ramadan.

22. You can find equality, loves in any religion the problem is how far people abide with Nobel ideas.

23. If there are free election in Egypt or Algeria then the extremist will take the authority as it happened in the case of Hamas in Palestine or Hizb Alah in Lebanon.

That because the majority believes in these fundamental and the extremist means.

24. 23. Also I has doubt about the equality in Islam. How about Women right?. How it is forbiden in leading and teaching. Even though in country as Saudi Arabia is not allowed to drive car?

Does Islam allow women to marry 4 men as the men allowed to marray 4 women?

A true Religion in this whole world is the Religion Of Humanity. None other religion is greater than this. When their is love and mutual understanding among peoples of different cast and states than only the human and thus their religion can exist. If all the peoples fight for their own religion than nobody exist in this world. :unsure:

[1]Are you implying that none of us believers are informed and or educated as well?

Nope just saying that I am not uninformed on the subject.

[2]Not everyone knows the same things. Some people go to church just to go or say that they went. And of course you know church isn't all about learning Scripture, it is also there for gaining hope and praising and singing in unity, etc.

Yep.

So we could ask any, even one who is known to be an unbeliever? Could the "facts" then be biased?

Yep. Facts could be biased either way (try asking a devout follower and a strict unbeliever). Easy solution: Ask more than one professor seeing that they have different backgrounds, etc. But someone that is well educated in English literature will not dispute the claim that the Bible has stories in it that have existed before in other religions and remember that Christianity is not the only religion that includes stories from other religions... of course, what do you expect - humans wrote it. :unsure:

Well i read through some of the replys but not all of them. I will say this,It is a fact that the holy bible that I grew up following was revised by King James and that is how it got the name King James version and it is a translation of the original language.I know nothing about the original language but i do know that cornerstone has dvds for sell at 40$ and they have one of the nicest buildings i have ever seen for a church convention center and that is wrong when people are starving and sick but yet their are preachers driving the nicest cars and got the nicest houses.So i believe that the best way for religion is to know whats right and follow what you feel within.Because supporting something that makes a dvd to spread the word and makes a huge profit and lives in a country side house like that is wrong because money is the root of all evil.I was in jail once for driving under DUI suspension and in jail they have special dictionary concordance and i read through some genesis and it was not what i read in the King James version I have never read anything from the holy Qur'an though.Sort of have trouble understanding the language!

Got any info about the oldest religion on Earth ?

I see no one?s taken the bait here, so I?ll follow up on OpaQue?s astute implication. That is, Islam is actually a very young religion ? if not the world?s youngest, and was founded by the ?prophet? Muhammad a mere 1300 years ago. But to address his question directly, Dravidianism, the precursor to modern Hinduism, is said to be the world?s oldest religion, predating even Sumerian to approximately 6000 BC. Is it any wonder this most ancient of the world?s cultures embraces vegetarianism? This tradition has passed through many ages, imparting the wisdom necessary to hold all life ?not just human- sacred - something I?ve always admired about Hindu culture.

According to NewScientist an aboriginal peoples of Australia have the oldest religion on Earth. They say this cause supposedly they found some cave paintings that are around 6,000 years old

I would concur that forms of Paganism (Wicca, Goddess worship, whatever you want to call it) probably predate anything spoken of here, but Hinduism is considered the oldest where large, organized religions are concerned.