xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chefwhit606

Guitar Hero 2

I've played number 1 and 2 for the PS2, and your right, its very addicting. There are some knockoffs on the internet for PC, but they aren't any good. But yea, they did a good job on making the game, though the price is a little steep for me.

I've never played this game but I've heard a lot about it. I don't like the idea of this game. Like most videogames, it will provide no help in the future and won't even help you playing a guitar. I hate to break it to you, but there is a lot more to a guitar than five buttons. Go out and get a real guitar! Heck, it's only $50 less for a cheap one!Most people I know are addicted to this game which I find disappointing. Simple solution. Don't start and you won't have to stop.

Edited by husker (see edit history)

I've never played this game but I've heard a lot about it. I don't like the idea of this game. Like most videogames, it will provide no help in the future and won't even help you playing a guitar. I hate to break it to you, but there is a lot more to a guitar than five buttons. Go out and get a real guitar! Heck, it's only $50 less for a cheap one!
Most people I know are addicted to this game which I find disappointing. Simple solution. Don't start and you won't have to stop.

really there is alot more then 5 buttons...wow I would have never guessed ;)

Yes i love this game it is so addictive!!! I had never even picked up a guitar before but when i started guitar hero i took to it very easy. Im still no pro at it but im good enough..Has anyone ever had the guitar hero dream?? where u dream about all the colours coming down, haha! Me and my mates have all had it.Favourite songs - The light that blinds, six, laid to rest.. trogdor haha!

Guitar Hero is so fun and challenging! I couldn't get the notes right on, but I only played it for like five minutes ever. I haven't played since. I like that it's challenging. :unsure:

It is very, very addiciting. I have two of the PC ripoffs. Frets on Fire is one, I actually play this one. The only bad thing about this game is the fact that the hit detection is really bad on fast songs. I also have Guitar Zero, which works and feels way better. The only reason I'm using it to test out songs that make for the game. The only reason I don't play Guitar Zero regularly is because it doesn't keep score. Anywho, I've played both and advanced pretty far. On the first Guitar Hero I was two songs away from beating it on expert. The hammer-ons and pull-offs are very difficult for me on there and I could never quite grasped them. To put it simply most expert solos own me on the first game. On Guitar Hero II, I was 5 or 6 songs from five staring all of the hard songs and I was only on like fifth set of songs I think, but I had to give back the game to my friend. Luckily I have to PC ripoffs of the games, it's good that they're smart and don't charge you for the program. Otherwise someone would be getting sued.

For those of you, like me, who don't have Guitar Hero 2, and would like it, there's a free game for your computer thats very similar. It's called Frets on Fire. It's quite fun. You hold the keyboard like this:

Posted Image

The enter key is strum, and F1-F6 are the different frets. It's loads of fun!

really there is alot more then 5 buttons...wow I would have never guessed :unsure:

Lol, not really. Just one "thing" to strum and some other basic feature (like a Whammy bar). But, I've never played it. Sticking to the real guitar myself. MUCH more challenging and entertaining. I have wanted to try out this game and see what it's like. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is harder than I think. It does have some good songs though, that's for sure!

Frets on Fire looks sweet, but my mom would probably think I'm drunk if I was holding the keyboard like that
Edited by husker (see edit history)

lol corn.It's still a fun game for those who are too lazy to go out and buy guitar hero. And you don't even need a console, just a computer! Ok bad example, computers cost more than console's i know, but still, everybody here obviously has a computer, unless your one of those weirdo's who gets the internet of their phone...

Well... now they're about the same price. You can get a decent computer for about 400-500 USD. Last I checked a PS3 around 500 USD. Unless you are absolutely hard pressed to get the best computer possibly the average price for a computer and a gaming console are in the same range.