xisto Community
chefwhit606

Why Not To Get Married My fun divorce

Guys if you ever are thinking of getting married, take a step back and look at everything. Do you really know everything there is to know about this girl/guy. Do you know everything that makes her tick, does He/she know what makes you tick? Is she/he everthing you are looking for, or just somethings you are looking for? I will tell you right now, everything may seem jack dandy right now, but when you say I do, those words transform your partner and you into two totally diffrent people then you were one second ago. I met my ex, we dated for about a year, we had a great time all the time, very few arguements. We rushed into getting married, way to early, before either of us should have been ready to. I didn't know everything I should have known, but there were also signs that I should have payed attention to, but ignored. Once we got married it was all downhill from there, it should have been a trip to the court house to annul but it was a trip to south carolina for the crappiest honeymoon on the planet. Then my ex went crazy, would get a job but would always call in sick, then she wanted to move to california to continue schooling at Stanford university. So we pack up everything in Indiana and move to california, she last less then a semester and drops out, moves back to indiana and leaves me to finish my school in California. Then when I moved back to Indiana she moved to Tennesse and left me in Indiana. Then one day I was working, I had a text message from her saying she wanted a divorce and that was that. 3 years of my life waisted, for nothing. Make sure you know what you are getting into!

Well, obviously you need to take your time when your planning on getting married, and you should not rush into marriage, but you shouldn't give up marriage all together. You do want to pick your spouse carefully, but you don't want to scrutinize every person you meet otherwise you will never find the right one; nobody is perfect. You do give a good point on what happens when you don't pay attention to who you marry, so I think the best way for a good marriage is to think about how well you will get along with that person with the rest of your life rather than for just the next couple years.

Sounds like she had it in for you from day 1. Using you, no strings attached i wouldn't be suprised if she was possibly cheating on you then tried to make a right with another wrong, getting married. Then her feelings have changed, and instead of doing what us normal people do, she has ran, and to break a marriage off by a text message, well mate, serioulsy suggest you nip this off and find someone you can truely trust and know them and there family and friends before you do anything again.Life is all about finding the right things not the perfect ones, you'll always find a bad one (for you), a handful of the right ones and if your lucky enough maybe the perfect one, and i do mean one! Life wasn't meant to be boring so alittle adventure is needed where possible. Don't Give Up is my advice to people!

So sorry for your really bad marriage experience. Loonngg engagement would have been a better choice. Then this all would have happened before the marriage thing. People change as they mature, and young adulthood is a very quirky time of your life. Made the same mistake myself some years ago, but my marriage lasted 13 years before we finally grew so far apart that things collapsed. We didn't really know each other that well, but we worked at it that long probably for religious reasons, Catholic. Even when you have grown to know each other and then decide to marry, things in life cause changes to take place so two people really have to work at making a success of it. Don't let this bad experience get to you. Just take what you have learned from it and make it useful in your future relationships. Don't be one of those people that repeats the same mistakes over and over. Yes, you need to step back and take a good long look at the facts before taking the plunge again. Good Luck!!

Man that was sad. I feel so sorry for you and I can only sympathise with you. But yeah man , you have to date the person for a really long time before tying the knot. It is the most important phase of a relationship if the relationship has to work.

Strange thing is through, marriage isn't supposed to majorly change things in life, it's supposed to be a celabration and a commitment to a healthy strong relationship, not pressure or stressful. You wouldn't cheat on your girlfriend and you wouldn't cheat on your wife, and both are as bad as each other, so i see no real seperation between a boy/girl friend relationship and a husband/wife relationship, quite sad really. Personally, having a family which looks after child who have no home, abused etc. i'm glad there were no children involved as yet, cause the major daunting experience is as a kid and dealing with your parents spliting. All the best for th future though.

Sounds like you've been having a hard time and what you say is right...i think. I'm still in high school, but nowdays kids are getting smarter in social stuff and dumber in the maths etc...:) . Your wife didn't sound like she really cared about you as she was all bossing you around the country. Good it ended before wasting any more time though. 3 years is a lot of time, but better than 5 right?

Guys if you ever are thinking of getting married, take a step back and look at everything. Do you really know everything there is to know about this girl/guy. Do you know everything that makes her tick, does He/she know what makes you tick? Is she/he everthing you are looking for, or just somethings you are looking for? I will tell you right now, everything may seem jack dandy right now, but when you say I do, those words transform your partner and you into two totally diffrent people then you were one second ago. I met my ex, we dated for about a year, we had a great time all the time, very few arguements. We rushed into getting married, way to early, before either of us should have been ready to. I didn't know everything I should have known, but there were also signs that I should have payed attention to, but ignored. Once we got married it was all downhill from there, it should have been a trip to the court house to annul but it was a trip to south carolina for the crappiest honeymoon on the planet. Then my ex went crazy, would get a job but would always call in sick, then she wanted to move to california to continue schooling at Stanford university. So we pack up everything in Indiana and move to california, she last less then a semester and drops out, moves back to indiana and leaves me to finish my school in California. Then when I moved back to Indiana she moved to Tennesse and left me in Indiana. Then one day I was working, I had a text message from her saying she wanted a divorce and that was that. 3 years of my life waisted, for nothing. Make sure you know what you are getting into!

no offense dude but that's not cool. she shouldn't have left you in California you guys were married. i'm sorry that that happened. you learned a lesson though, crazy women suck.

Sorry to hear that dude. I guess you really have to know the person you choose to share your life with. Marriage isn't just like playing a PC game. There aren't Quick Save and Quick Load keys. (CoD2). Hmm. She may just not be the right one. We'll it was better since she told you within just 3 years. Someone out there could still be married for 10 + years, now has kids, and his wife will file a divorce later this afternoon. There's always good reasons for everything.

Hey,I know how hurt you are and feel that it was a waste and all but try to think of all the positive things so that you don't find it difficult later. The text message thing just proves that she either didn't want to hurt you or was scared and just wanted to leave you without any fights :DTough luck mate and I know you are sad right now so I won't offer any advice as clearly you are not looking for advice but just a place to vent out and I respect that :D I was in your place when I broke up with my boy friend who I was dating for more than 3 years..he was too bossy and always making me do things that he wanted :D I got out of that relationship.Like the others I am happy that you guys did not have a baby especially an infant for the child would have been stuck between you and your ex wife's egos :( I have seen one of my friends go through that and It was a mental task for her to get out of her depression. My parents were going to split but because of me they stuck together ( I was a minor then. They are still together :P)Well Best of luck and I think you should have a bachelor party and make your decisions a bit better next time. I hope you find your perfect girl. I know you will so best luck :P

This subject is very controversial, in fact, marriage is not a tradicional act as it was until the end of the last century, today people marrie knowing that in a nearest future they are going to be divorced, here in europe, people are doing their lives, living together as married, but not married in church in fact, here we prefer to first see if we can live togheter and live our lives as one before we do one of the most sacraid things in a life, which is, to be married.I am not married, and if i wanted i could already be, but i choosed not to, it is a choice obviously, not something you must do if you are with a woman that you are supposed to love, or at least to care a lot, no, i prefer to live with her together for a couple of years, and then, if we agree, we will mark our marriage, but until then, i will do things with my head, and not with my heart, because my heart wants to get married but my responsability do not, i saw many friends and unknow people's divorces, so i do not want to make the same mistake in my life.I will have my marriage, soon enough, i love her and she loves me, it is just a matter of time, but if you have a relationship that you have doubts, think hard before you do the worst mistake of your life, at least a very big mistake on your life, remember you just have one life, and that you should have only one marriage, and not trying like "trial and error" thing in programming languages!

Hey man, so sorry to hear that sorry. I nearly landed myself into that kinda messy situation too. My ex girlfriend would have messed up a whiole lota my time if I had ended up marrying her.Could you imagine that after spending a whole 3 yrs with this girl and after she promised me everything under the sun, all she could do was ditch me for some *BLEEP* dont even want her.Well, I felt bad at first, but after a while, I started my God I never went into the marriage with her or I would have landed myself into one real deep *BLEEP*.

Well im young, but with todays marriages not lasting very long I have already determined that I don't plan on getting married right away. Me and my girlfriend have been together for over a year now, and we both have said if we make it through college and stay together, we are going to continue to wait until we are financially stable to have children and get married. My parents were together over twenty years before they got married, and her mom has never been married - so I guess thats where I get the idea. i don't think marriage is anything but a party (well more than that, but you get the point), whats one man going to change by saying a few prayers? Fine, we have two peices of expensive metal wrapped around a finger specifically designed to hold that metal... hmm I feel more in love already :D.final thought: Vegas weddings? A profitable business - but a sham.