xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Coupon Code

I was just going through and ordering hosting through Xisto - Web Hosting, and i came to the charges screen and i noticed a place for people to put a coupon code. And i got to thinking, People are already choosing Xisto - Web Hosting because it is a good and cheap hosting company, but maybe another thing they can do to get people to use Xisto - Web Hosting is to offer a promotional code to the members of Xisto who wish to advance in their website and move on up to Xisto - Web Hosting by offering a coupon code that will give them a small discount for switching from Xisto, to Xisto - Web Hosting.i dont know if you will understand my proposal above but let me try to make it shorter.If someone who is with Xisto wants to move up to Xisto - Web Hosting for more space or w/e, then perhaps you should offer a coupon code to encourage the user to continue using the Xisto corporation and switch to Xisto - Web Hosting and receive a small discount for moving from a free host in the xisto network, to a paid host..... it may be a small discount, but Xisto - Web Hosting with make some more money with it i think...just a suggestion :}

I think the problem with that would be that people might just join Xisto just for the promotional code. Maybe if you made it for those who were long term members or maybe those who contributed a lot. Actually, if you tie it into credits, if someone were to save up say 300 credits with their free hosting account then they could put it toward a small discount. I don't know how many credits exactly, I was just putting numbers out there.Or since these are free webhosting accounts, the amount of space and bandwidth would be covered by credits but the extra space and bandwidth or features would be extra cost covered by Xisto - Web Hosting. That would be a lot of work though and could cause problems if you go below your credits but here is an example. Say you have 120 MB of Space here at Xisto, but you want to upgrade to a Gig of space, you pay for the extra 880 MB of space as long as you keep your credits going for this account. I don't know if that's what you were saying but it's an interesting idea. I am satisfied enough though with my account for now though.

Yeah, i don't think that intertwining Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting like that would be a good idea, but the problem with people joining just to get the discount would be an issue, so maybe something like a certain amount of time that a member must be at Xisto before getting a coupon code to get a small discount from Xisto - Web Hosting for say something like 6 months or something like that? enough time to let the site grow to where they have to move to a larger hosting....i dont know about paying credits for it.... i think the credits is a good system for keeping the hosting up and running for however many days that you have the credits for, but not really for buying things, because i think that just the fact that someone has been at Xisto for 6 or more months and contributed to keep their hosting up and supporting Xisto would merrit a small discount from going to taking up space for free to paying for a larger amount of space. just my thoughts XDhey pleno! lol

What they could do is make it so people with 300 posts could get a discount instead of 300 credits. This way loyal members who have been with site for awhile can get this discount instead. I think this is a great idea, and would totally bring in more people. I for one would most likely would probably switch to Xisto - Web Hosting because of this offer.

i was just gonna suggest that. Like you could have people with differne't number of posts or credits get a certain amount of discount for the upgrade. It would really be an awesome idea if this ever happens.

Well to add on to the requirements needed for this coupon, they have to provide a randomly generated number based on their account and then enter it in order for that coupon to be accepted. But with the credits thing being used to get a discount themselves would be infeasible since your paying for hosting and getting credits for free unless you buy them.