xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

Iso Extractor Software A Free one

Is there a free ISO (CD Image) extractor software?.. I have a lot of ISO images on my computer and I use Nero to burn CDs but this one do not extract the iso images !!! ;)

PowerISO. Use this software to create virtual images (iso, mdf, etc), and to manage virtual drives. I like it beacouse it is really small simple and fast. Free version is limited to burning images only up to 300Mb. But if you buy it, you can get ireplacable piece of software (works with Windows Vista too)

You can use also win rar I use it and it is free. It might be a bit slow from time to time but it nevered crashed on me and it has wide varaity of files you can open with it. Among the other rar. File which waas its basic principle. I have downloaded several more but they were all bad and weakly programed, and they often crashed.

Power iso is what u need. Otherwise u can use Nero too. U have to enable the option use image recorder drive or something like that. Then it creates a virtual drive. Mount your image and then copy its contents. simple isnt it.

well for making iso's and burning them I use 2 programs

- UltraIso

it can make iso's, unregistered version has a limit, but heh google is your friend, enough hacked versions on the net ^^

the program allows you to make a copy of a cd / dvd to lots of image files ( ISO / MDF / other ), also it has a capability of making virtual drives for running your iso's

- Sonic Record Now

good program which doesn't need a lot of user interaction, it chooses the best burning speed itself for the best performance

I've never encountered any 'buffer underruns' with this program also it has a very good rate of burning files per second, since a full DVD 4,4 gig took 10 minutes maximum

for running ISO or other image files, the best program is DAEMON TOOLS

Well if you would like to simulate drive for opening the iso files then I would suggest either Deamon tools as sniperkillers suggested or alcohol 120%. Alcohol is better software but it is not freeware so you would either stick to the trial version or you would have to buy it.Also whenever you have opportunity just burn iso image it will solve you a hell of a lot problems, with security on windows platform and with some driver fighting.

Well, I might add Nero ImageDrive, that comes bundled with Nero... I have 6.6.0.18... It doesn't extract images, but you can use it as a virtual drive (it actualy can add two virtual CD drives), and from there you can simply copy files you need... It's small, virtualy uses no memory, and is quite fast...I actualy transfered most of my CD-s to ISO's, and burned them on DVD's, and I minimalised space needed to store bunch of CD's... And I just load ISO image from the DVD, into Nero ImageDrive, and voila... Instant CD, at no cost on performance...If you already have some Nero version 6.6.0.18, or higher, you should have Nero ImageDrive...It's not a free alternative, but... It works if you already have Nero, no need to instal additional software...

Well, I might add Nero ImageDrive, that comes bundled with Nero... I have 6.6.0.18... It doesn't extract images, but you can use it as a virtual drive (it actualy can add two virtual CD drives), and from there you can simply copy files you need... It's small, virtualy uses no memory, and is quite fast...
I actualy transfered most of my CD-s to ISO's, and burned them on DVD's, and I minimalised space needed to store bunch of CD's... And I just load ISO image from the DVD, into Nero ImageDrive, and voila... Instant CD, at no cost on performance...

If you already have some Nero version 6.6.0.18, or higher, you should have Nero ImageDrive...

It's not a free alternative, but... It works if you already have Nero, no need to instal additional software...

U can try daemon tools http://www.daemon-tools.cc/deu/home it is a FREE Virtual CD/DVD-ROM-EMULATOR. emulates opens nearly all common imagetypes. it also Emulates nearly all known protections
It can mount iso image also have a try
Edited by sourabhj (see edit history)

As far as i know WinRAR can open and extract ISO images, but to burn them/mount them you need something like Nero, PowerISO, UltraISO, Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% or something of the sort :Phope i helped!