xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
srujanlive

Ubuntu 7.04 Released and it is clogging up the servers already

Ubuntu 7.04 codename Feisty Fawn released yesterday. And the servers were more down than up and running for nearly the whole time. This is actually good for Linux as it is probably the first time a linux distro has received such a mainstream coverage and release. What are your thoughts on it? And how many of you have already downloaded it?

Oh my gosh! can't wait for my data usage to reset, Im so going to get this! Unbuntu linux 7? that is so cool! Have you used it? because if the http/ftp servers are too full then try using bittorrent or p2p from the official download page.PS there is no such thing as a pirated version of linux they're all legit

I've had the beta of 7.04 running for a while after 6.10 died on me. I went through all the updates yesterday but it still hasn't actually asked for a version upgrade. Feisty is also using a kernel that is damaging my hard drive, so I might have to have a hunt around for my 6.10 disk and reinstall that. Overall I haven't noticed too many changes apart from more packages being available and a bit more stability.

I left the update run all night—the servers were a bit slow (i'm sure due to mass upgrading) and i had to install updates for over 1000 files. I like the new style that came with it. Removed 9 obsolete files. (By the way, i'm using Kubuntu.) There are some apparent differences between the versions, not much though; some visual effects added.

Oh my gosh! can't wait for my data usage to reset, Im so going to get this! Unbuntu linux 7? that is so cool! Have you used it? because if the http/ftp servers are too full then try using bittorrent or p2p from the official download page.PS there is no such thing as a pirated version of linux they're all legit

Yeah man I am downloading through p2p. Can't wait to use it.

I haven't started downloading, mainly because I figured servers would be down, as Ubuntu is gaining in popularity... I went ahead, and ordered free ShipIt CD's od Ubuntu i Kubuntu, and I expect them, in about two weeks... Until then, I'm quite sattisfied with 6.10 ;)I figure Ubuntu is the main rival of windows these days... Great support, very user-friendly, stable, and great appearance... It's the OS of the future ;)