xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Can't Access My Url After Domain Change

I just got a domain, and switched it over to Xisto. I did this last night, and I know it takes a while for the dns to get configured. But, I cannot access my site from the old URL and the new URL is giving me this error

The requested URL could not be found on this server!!!

what shall I do?

How about posting links to your site to see if we all have the same problem? DNS changes can take up to 72 hours to process. You may have to be more patient. ;)

I cannot access my site from the old URL

Obviously. Once you change your domain name, the old address is no longer exists. Therefore, you cannot access it.

and the new URL is giving me this error

Obviously. Your new domain has not been propagated completely.

what shall I do?

Try gamma{dot}xisto{dot}com/~{your_cpanel_username} where {your_cpanel_username} is your cpanel user name (not the actual words, like few members have trouble with in the past).
Dear members,

This is not to make fun or point any finger but this subject has been well covered in the past. Admins and moderators have established Xisto Readme for other ways of accessing your domain in case of change, i.e. HOSTS file, for this occasion. If you have been a member for a long time, please pay attention to past topics and Xisto Readme.

Creating topic like this not only raise questions if members do really pay attention to topics by admins and mods, but also makes Xisto an unreliable hosting place to google, yahoo and other non-hosting members. Please give a second thought before making redundant topics. Try contacting admins or support first.

Update:
It seems to me that you also enabled domain redirect using your domain control. That is the reason why your new domain--which should be functioning perfectly ONLY by changing nameservers--have been pointing to your old and none existing domain (since you changed your domain). If so, please turn off or delete the redirect service via domain control. Nameserver change would have been sufficient.