xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Phpbb2 Error recently showing up

I tried to install a mod. Did it successfully but didn't like the end result. So I went through the install backwards and reverted everything back to how they were.
Now I am getting this error.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/damen/public_html/phpBB/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1034) in /home/damen/public_html/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 483
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/damen/public_html/phpBB/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1034) in /home/damen/public_html/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/damen/public_html/phpBB/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1034) in /home/damen/public_html/phpBB/includes/page_header.php on line 486

It appears at the top of the page above everything. I went back into the lang_main.php and made sure everything was how it was. I couldn't find anything wrong. I don't know if it has anything to do with the mod. It shouldn't, I just thought I would mention that it happened after that.

Anyone know how to fix this error?

I tried changing the permission on the file. Didn't help anything.

Thanks

Usually when you install a new mod you want to have backup of all the files you plan to edit just in case soemthing goes wrong. My suggestion would be to get a fresh file for that specific error and then load it, most of the time it corrects this error as sometimes as you reverse engineer a script you might have forgot some and thus create an error.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Well I found out how to fix it through google searching.When I uninstalled the mod. I went back to the lang_main.php file and deleted what I added in. Well in that file you can not send any information before the session is started (Line 6 I believe)When I deleted the text it left blank lines at the bottom thus changing the line numbering. All I had to do was get rid of the blank lines.This is also true with any other errors similar to mine.So for future reference direct people with a similar error here.Thanks for trying to help guys! (It was a sidebar mod btw)

Aah that would make sense, so all the extra space pushed the code up I guess and so what was supposed to be on line 6 was somewhere else and thus created the errors, interesting indeed.