xisto Community
DurhamACF

World Of Warcraft

there seems to be alot of topics about runescape and lots of people seem to play it, so i was wondering if anyone played World of Warcraft, its a similar game to runescape, i personally really enjoy the game, its just the ?8.99 a month i dont like ;)

Yea I used to play it - but my subscription ran out and, just like you, I don't want to pay - LoL. Though the real reason I didn't renew my subscription is because I wanted to focus on college - something some of my friends and college and I chose to do because our grades were slipping a little. Too many raids! Haha. The game is fun, though there are a lot of jerks in it. I love the PvP - though it's fairly one sided. Arena is awesome it's my favorite part of the game.

WoW is a very good game. Personally i prefer Everquest 2 which is similar in how it is played and everything and it too costs a monthly fee to play. However, these fees are absolutely necessary for games like this to be able to run. The amount of bandwidth they need each month, the number of high power servers, the developers, etc. all require lots of money to maintain. When a game like this is continuely being added on to and updated this take a large development team and lots of testing. That means more servers, etc. The typical $50 game only requires a person to play for less than a month before it become tedious and doesnt require much internet or additions once it is sold. If there wasnt the monthly fee, there wouldnt be a game. Plus, for $9 a month or something like that, it is equivalant to goign to the movies once and thats like 3 hrs of entertainment. Not hundreds so you really are getting a deal.

its soo annoying when your just trying to quest and then the horde come and ruin everything ;), i love playing in instances tho, its making my college grades slip too tho, such an addicting game, i think the only way of stopping people playing is for their subscriptions to run out lol

its soo annoying when your just trying to quest and then the horde come and ruin everything ;), i love playing in instances tho, its making my college grades slip too tho, such an addicting game, i think the only way of stopping people playing is for their subscriptions to run out lol

Ha yeah a lot of people say that their grades slip because of this game, and I don't deny that this game is quite addicting and it is easy to get lost in it. But personally I try my hardest to make sure that I keep studies first before gaming. It is my Junior year in highschool and it is a killer. With thinking about colleges, keeping the grades up, SATs, subject tests, etc. Not to mention all the outside school/WoW life that I have that can be quite the neusance. But if you do find time to play this game, and don't mind the monthly fee, then this game is a great one. I know a lot of younger and older people play it simply because they have nothing else to do. Great time waster, and fun

Just currently working atm.. its good to squeeze in some game time inbetween, but had originally first played it when was studying.. have to admit it was pretty addictive and all (esp when studying).. but these days now i'm not in study, I manage to squeeze in game time inbetween breaks those days.. Still the second time around playing it (with the BC expansion).. first got a ally priest to 45 on PVE.. then on PVP gotten the trolls priest to 50, and a shaman alt to 22.. but have to say playing on the more hard-core server "PVP" on horde side.. esp in a server that outnumbers alliance.. makes it the all more interesting..

i actually seem to get time to do things which includes college work since my subscription ran out, my mother has told me that she isnt paying for my subscription untill after all my exams :unsure:

Yeah I tend to use pre-paid cards rather than using credit cards atm. Had took a 1 month break to concentrate on other things but since work hours has changed then restarted it back up again via the pre-paid cards. It doesnt seem too bad for about $32 (using the cards from the nearest EB or some other computer outlet/major retailer).