xisto Community
X_X

The End Of The World By December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012..The Bible says thats the day the world ends on 2012The Mayan Calender (very accurate..) says thats the exact day the world will end.. the calender stops at that dateThe Egyptians did too.Everything says that the world will end on that date.. I saw a documentary about it on the History Channel.. It was really interesting..What do you think? Will it happen or it's just another fake?

The Bible says that nobody can predict the end of the world, and it will come when people least expect it. But then again, as a deist(one who believes in a god who does not interfere with the world directly, but rather automates the world through science) I reject biblical texts, and so I believe it's a bit of rubbish.

Actually the Bible does not say the world will end on that day the Mayan calendar does.And actually the Mayan calendar does not say the world will end on that day but a significant event that will change the world will happen on that day.The day that the Mayan calendar says the world will end is sometime around the year of 3620.Who knows what will happen on this exact date though, we will just have to wait and see. The Mayans believed the same events occur again and again throughout time, that is that time is sort of 'revolving.' Some experts believe that the Mayans predicted certain world events that have happened so far, though the wording of these events is sketchy.We may not be able to predict the end of the world but one thing is for sure, we can end this world.

We may not be able to predict the end of the world but one thing is for sure, we can end this world.

We are.. Nuclear waste is everywhere.. and we are destroying the forest.. we will run out of air -.-

the bible is rubbish, therefor this statement is pure bullock.there is no possible way of telling the future of a world, even so far ahead

science is only proving religion, it isn't denying it

The bible is 1 part historical text, 1 part rubbish. We can prove many things that happened in the bible - such as Roman methods of execution. However, parts in which God is mentioned can be not proven to have truly occured. These could be anything from psychological hallucinations, to wild stories distorted over the years before they were written in text, to people just trying to keep a hoax alive. Of course, I'm just stating possibilities that aren't that far out there.

It just depends on religion. If you believe in the supernatural, then you may deem this to be true. But if you think scientifically (like Tetraca), then this is very unlikely to be true. The "logical" answer to this is no (not that I'm insulting anyone's religion). Even though I'm Christian, I doubt this would be the date.

According to the Maya, there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of the 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, I'm not so sure about this one. I was very angry after having prepared for the world to end on the 6th June last year and finding out that nothing had happened. Although, you never know. Can you find proof that that's what the Bible says and then maybe I'll consider preparing for the end of the world again?..

Teh bible never predicted a date jus the fact that once the secen seals are broken the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse would come and satan would be free. I can't remember where when I heard it but I believe somewhere in the Christian Mythology that a date was made, but I am not sure on that.But with the Mayans that is just straight spooky right there, On the history channel they alk about how one of the temples has 4 sets of 90 steps and at the peak equals 365 and on that same temple the image of a snake is seen coming from the temple into the ground. I can't remember the story that went with the snake, but to think the Mayans had the most advance calenders but most likely every apocolypse nut will be prepared for something to happen, but like most dates I really doubt anything will happen except for the ritual suicides and what not. But we got 5 years to go till it happens so all we can do is wait and see.

Well im bored of these "the world is going to end" things! Its not going to just end! Yes its possible that a meteor will strike the earth and kill everything, perhaps a super volcano will blow killing everything, perhaps a massive freak wave will kill everything but the earth isnt just going to vanish. Now i know a lot of people might think things like someone predicted 9/11 with "two brothers will fall", how many brothers have fallen since that was written...millions im sure.. Its so easy to make a vague prediction that anyone can do it, and if something does happen everyone will think its amazing and keep talking about it but if nothing happens hardly anyone will talk about it and completely forget that someone said it would happen and so you only really get publicity from a predicition if its right so we dont hear about the wrong ones.Thats my views anyhow.. and the bible and other religious texts said a lot of things.. Adam and Eve had two sons.. and incest is a sin, not sure how that works.. I mention the bible because it was the only text we were forced to learn about so take no offence, none is meant.Thats my thoughts anyhow.

Personally I think that no one can actually predict an actual date for the end of the world, and like many others said, it will come when people least expect it.. Who knows what the timeframe might even be?. There are some methods on what could even happen (tsunami, meteor, armageddon and the like).

i think it could be possible as this century is also mentioned in hindu teachings in the bhagwat geets saying its the end of a period of the last 5000 yrs called kalyug,yet no one can exactly say whether the world will dissapear ,but theories are everywhere

I don't know a lot about the Mayans, or prophetic events, but I know that I was a little bit upset about the world not ending on Y2K(2000). And on June of last year. However, there is always that chance that the Mayans were onto something, maybe that's the date that humans meet the outside life, maybe it's when war ends. I don't know, but I do think that something will happen on that day.

December 21, 2012..

The Bible says thats the day the world ends on 2012

The Mayan Calender (very accurate..) says thats the exact day the world will end.. the calender stops at that date

The Egyptians did too.

Everything says that the world will end on that date.. I saw a documentary about it on the History Channel.. It was really interesting..

What do you think? Will it happen or it's just another fake?

I've read this and your other post named Tae Kwon Do. Might I suggest, again, that you give more details about your posts. It is not very polite for people to make reckless claims without the least bit of dubious proof to back it up.

For example, in this post, if the bible did say something about the exact date of the apocalypse, the very least we'd like to expect would be the passage where it was stated (or inferred). Regarding Egyptian end-of-the-world myths, might I suggest the links about Hathor and Apophis (also known as Apep) A quick search through Google will reveal that, while Egyptians have considered the end times, they also deemed it fully preventable.

Now, for the Mayan calendars, a quick search revealed what could have been your source. It details three arguments for 12/21/2012 to be the day of the apocalypse. One of them is the Mayan Calendar. However, I do think electriic ink is right. While the Mayan Calendar "ends" on that year, we should not, by any means, interpret it as the total end. After all, the Mayan concept of time is circular, that everything that happens is bound to happen again. In other words, it means a transition from one "age" to another, which is, of course, not necessarily the end of the world.

The second argument, called fractal time, basically says that the speed of change is accelerating. Using a set of mathematical operations that suspiciously appear contrived, people have marked milestones in the planet's history such as the beginning of history, the emergence of *person* sapiens, the "peak" of the age of mammals and the start of life on our planet. In any case, the "formulae" point to the year 2012 as the end times. I, for my part, don't believe in such dubious mathematics because events such as the "peak" of mammal reign and the "start" of life on our planet have been extrapolated with only high, but never full, accuracy.

Might I also add that the claims of Erich von Daniken in his books about aliens and giants sound more believable than the second argument. The mathematical operations are too forced.

The third one is about galactic alignment. However, I did not encounter any claim from any respectable astronomical institution regarding this "alignment". I do believe, however, that they (the people behind this claim) did study texts of ancient civilizations and, finding phrases about the cosmos being reborn, finding the door to the secrets of time and space and being in harmony with the universe, creatively imagined a galactic alignment.

My opinion of this is: what is the big deal about alignments, planetary, galactic or otherwise? Heck, at this very moment, the sun and the moon are perfectly aligned. So are Earth and Venus. Two points define a line, remember? So we easily have a million alignments with celestial bodies.

Also, some texts cannot be deciphered easily. There once was a time when people deciphered ancient texts for their meaning, given the context of the time it was written. Offensive language were not quickly struck out because the civilization that wrote them might have something in their culture that could easily explain it. However, nowadays, it seems the world is full of crackpots who will do anything to bend the meaning of these texts to support their theories (and bestsellers) *sigh* Where had the times of Rosetta stone gone?

Lastly, I also noticed the obvious play on numbers there. 12-21-2012. What is with the human obsession on numbers? How about the failed apocalypse on 06-06-06? That, dear people of the heathen world, is already a clear indication that this claim is not to be taken seriously.

I once had a mobile phone whose number was xxx9-949-9449. Hmmn... lessee... the Japanese people though 4 to be a very unlucky number while cats have 9 lives. So... do I get to have nine lives and the power to hex people? What are the odds of me having a mobile phone with that number? They say everything happens for a reason, so there must be a divine reason why I had a bunch of 4's and 9's? Can it be? Am I the chosen one? (Note the sarcasm)

Just be thankful I'm not 'coz if I were, a lot of people would be dead... err, I mean, the world will be severely less over-populated ;)