xisto Community
X_X

Tae Kwon Do

In my opinion Tae Kwon Do is the strongest kind of Martial Arts, if you train with the right teacher..Kickboxing: They do the kicks wrong, they are easy to hit.Karate: Tae Kwon Do is very like Karate but very different..Kung Fu: Mostly punches.. Not good defense, easy to koJudo: Just a bunch of fat people.. Well.. so discussIm black belt on Tae Kwon Do and im proud of itps. english isnt my main language

Kickboxing: They do the kicks wrong, they are easy to hit.Karate: Tae Kwon Do is very like Karate but very different..
Kung Fu: Mostly punches.. Not good defense, easy to ko
Judo: Just a bunch of fat people..

I would like to point out that masters of their own crafts often deem their own to be the most fundamental and the most powerful of all. For example, my chemistry teacher believes everything, from biology to physics, can be explained by chemistry. My physics professor in college, on the other hand, deemed physics to be the ultimate theory that explains everything. Similarly, black-belters of martial arts often fall into thinking that their own arts are better than anything else.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not against taekwondo; fact is, it's the only martial arts I do know enough of. Most are just from third-person accounts and observations.

It would, I think, be a lot more helpful if you detailed how the other martial arts are "weak" in comparison to taekwondo. For example, I do agree that the kicks in kickboxing are different but that does not necessarily mean they are wrong. Also, what is taekwondo's edge over karate? Judo, well, I think it's using your opponent's weight against him/her... I don't really know so I can't comment on that. Kung fu, on the other hand, is considered by many to be the "ultimate" martial arts.

Did you know that kung fu has two parts? One is "hard" kung fu, which is primarily what comes to mind of an average person. The histrionic blocks, leaping kicks and flying punches are parts of "hard" kung fu. "Soft" kung fu, on the other hand, deals with concentrating on the flows of energy (or chakra, for Naruto fans, or nen, for HxH fans) It was, supposedly, capable of killing people without any outwardly apparent assault; this danger is the reason why it is taught to only few people. (I've read this a long time ago, in a newspaper feature article)

So, if you are really convinced that taekwondo is the "strongest" martial art out there, maybe it would help if you actually describe what makes it so ;)

Ah, nice points. I haven't studied any of them very much, but they all sound pretty neat.I've heard of people saying that Tae Kwon Doe is the best, but I've also heard other's on the other sides.So, I don't know, I plan on studying them in the future.

I would like to point out that masters of their own crafts often deem their own to be the most fundamental and the most powerful of all. For example, my chemistry teacher believes everything, from biology to physics, can be explained by chemistry. My physics professor in college, on the other hand, deemed physics to be the ultimate theory that explains everything. Similarly, black-belters of martial arts often fall into thinking that their own arts are better than anything else.
Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not against taekwondo; fact is, it's the only martial arts I do know enough of. Most are just from third-person accounts and observations.

It would, I think, be a lot more helpful if you detailed how the other martial arts are "weak" in comparison to taekwondo. For example, I do agree that the kicks in kickboxing are different but that does not necessarily mean they are wrong. Also, what is taekwondo's edge over karate? Judo, well, I think it's using your opponent's weight against him/her... I don't really know so I can't comment on that. Kung fu, on the other hand, is considered by many to be the "ultimate" martial arts.

Did you know that kung fu has two parts? One is "hard" kung fu, which is primarily what comes to mind of an average person. The histrionic blocks, leaping kicks and flying punches are parts of "hard" kung fu. "Soft" kung fu, on the other hand, deals with concentrating on the flows of energy (or chakra, for Naruto fans, or nen, for HxH fans) It was, supposedly, capable of killing people without any outwardly apparent assault; this danger is the reason why it is taught to only few people. (I've read this a long time ago, in a newspaper feature article)

So, if you are really convinced that taekwondo is the "strongest" martial art out there, maybe it would help if you actually describe what makes it so ;)

lol, thats true people have their own opinion. Like I think Kendo is the best martial arts out there. A friend of mine takes Tai Kwon Do and it does seem affective though.

This is just my opinion of course, but i feel that there isnt neccesary a "best" art. Different arts bring different benefits. It also depends on the goals of the person and how they go about learning as well as how the instructor teaches and what suits the person. TaeKwonDo may be the absolute best and perfect art for one person and completely not fit another person. However, it sounds like you have found an art that fits you perfect. ^.^ Thats good, so keep at it and maintain a great effort. Immeasurable rewards can be yours if you go for it.

After training in TKD for almost 11 years and earning a 3rd degree black belt, I think I'm pretty qualified in saying that in my opinion TKD is very far from the strongest martial art. Kickboxing: Unless you're talking about Tae-Bo or some other B.S. "cardio kickboxing," the average Muay Thai, San Shou, or even traditional full contact kick boxing fighter would destroy most TKD practitioners in a real fight. Traditional TKD incorporates outdated and limited techniques that do not allow for the versatility and adaptability that modern combat sports give. Modern TKD is even worse as the Olympic incorporation of the martial art has created a style in which significantly damaging and/or incapacitating an opponent is no longer an objective, instead giving way to a limited contact "point sparring" in which the objective is to attack with the minimal amount of force in order to retain maximum speed. This often gives TKD matches an aesthetic appeal to them but hides the fact that the techniques viewed would do little or no damage in a full contact situation. On the other hand, most styles of kickboxing, especially those that have continued the tradition of full contact competition, still require its students to be adept in both avoiding and causing fight ending injuries such as knockouts.Karate: A real tossup here as there are many, many styles of Karate and each varies greatly in how it has evolved to its modern state (if at all). However, most forms of competitive Karate today incorporate full contact (albeit stand-up only) fighting with a minimal amount of protective gear as compared to the layers of padding Olympic-style TKD competitors wear. Therefore, knockouts by kicks as well as injuries sustained to the torso and legs by kicks, knees and punches commonly end matches as opposed to the extremely kick focused angle of TKD. Many styles of Karate have also long included the incredibly important grappling aspect of combat and many more have been influenced by the MMA enthusiastic Japanese culture and have incorporated them alongside their traditional teachings. However, many styles of Karate have also gone the route of modern Tae Kwon Do and have scrapped full contact training in favor of more child and family friendly training. While not inherently bad, these styles of teaching in no way teach you to defend yourself against an opponent trained in street worthy combat.Kung Fu: Again a tossup, perhaps more so considering that Kung Fu in itself is a general term, describing the thousands of unique Chinese martial arts disciplines. Many of these styles share the same flaws as traditional TKD and many more such as Wushu share the same weaknesses found in modern TKD. However, there are quite a few such as Chin Nai have enough of the fundamentals required for street combat to gain a significant edge over TKD fighters. Judo: Your comment on Judo is not only awe-inspiring in its ignorance but also shows an utter lack of training in martial arts systems other than Tae Kwon Do. Significantly more than any of the styles listed above, the grappling focus of Judo give it such an incredible advantage over TKD that its unrealistic to even compare the two. Time and time again it has been proven, so much in fact that I find it ridiculous that there are still those who refuse to believe it, that martial arts lacking in grappling training will, save divine intervention, will lose to those competent in it. Therefore I find it odd that you do not even consider the arts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, traditional Jujitsu, Wrestling, and other such grappling heavy martial arts in your list. These are just my opinions, however I feel they are very much qualified. I would love to discuss these topics more with anyone who disagrees.

Personally, I prefer Jujitsu & akido:) Thanks to my father:)The arts of grappling, bone breaking & if need be, killing. NOT that I would, unless it was a life or death matter.I also learned artillery & hand to hand combat when I was a teen/young adult (yay Army). And when no one's lookin' I do yoga & tai chi. shhhhhh! :P I remember an ex-boyfriend offering to walk me home one night & I laughed at him & said:Any idiot who is stupid enough to attack me, deserves what he f*cking gets!The poor guy just looked at me like I was insane. Then he got jumped by 5 guys and I saved his but. He was like: will you marry me?I am definately interested in Tae Kwan Do though and until I find the right teacher, I'm waiting.

Edited by Archangel_Baw (see edit history)

Kung Fu: Mostly punches.. Not good defense, easy to ko

he he i think that you dont know much about other martial arts others than Tae Kwon Do
i meant no offence :P

let me explain,

Tae Kwon Do is really a very good martial art, you attack mostly using your legs. Tae Kwon Do is similar to Karate, you need a good muscled body for the perfection in this art.

Karate, is like a buldozer, youn come hit the oponent in a single blow and go. Use a hands maily for combat.

Judo, uses the force of the attacker against him.

Kung Fu, is the Ultimate martial art. You use both the hands and legs for the comabt. You need to have a flexible body. It includes a lot of blocks than any other martial art. An in Kung Fu Speed defines everything. A well trained Kung Fu warrior will hit his opponent 4 times faster than a Snake. Kung Fu is the toughest to master and the most leathal martial art in the world.

here is an excerpt

Kung Fu is an extremely disciplined, powerful martial art where strength is built in low stances and powerful blocks. Some Kung Fu blocks are so powerful that it can break the arm of someone who is punching you. Kunf Fu has many systems like Hung-Gar, WuShu, Wing Chun, and others. Kung Fu is for the patient, and mentally and physically strong person. It was the basis for many later forms of martial arts. Over the years, kung fu developed into different styles such as Wing Chun, Drunken boxing and styles based on animal movements like the crane or snake. The reason for such diversity was simple. People rarely traveled far from their homes and kung fu evolved in different locations. In northern China, martial arts emphasized kicking and leg work. In the South, various forms of boxing were most common. Top kung fu stars today have mastered different styles as well. Jet Li is best known as a practitioner of wu shu which uses many different styles emphasizing fluid motion. Jackie Chan learned kung fu while training in a Chinese opera school in Hong Kong and boosts a mastery of the "five animal styles" of kung fu which is highlighted in the film Shaolin Wooden Men. Today many kung fu styles exist and are still passed on as family traditions and through classes.

Tae Kwon Do is a sport rather than a full fledged martial art. It's primary element is kicking. It also involves simple blocks. It's very simple

Wushu is the Sports form of Kung Fu. It is the stripped of all leathal factors present in the Kung Fu. Shaolin Kung Fu is the most powerful form in Kung Fu.

here is an explanation,

Wushu 1960s. Literally translated, "wu" is military, "shu" is art. Therefore, this was originally just the Chinese name for martial arts. Some people still use the word in that sense. However, during the cultural revolution, the Communists felt that comrades shouldnt be fighting each other, even in mock combat, and so they suppressed traditional kung fu, and invented a version of Kung-fu, where its not people fighting each other, but in a competition analogous to gymnastics. Its considered very beautiful.

I know that all martial art masters will tell that their martial art is the best in this world, but you should consider the facts and the truth.

I'm no martial art master, but I do analyse and learn a lot from differnet martial arts analyzing their techniques.
Please correct me Iif I went wron somewhere. :P

I wonder why people even bother comparing the different martial arts.It is true, any martial arts of whatever style will usually say "What i teach is the true martial art".How wrong, same as the pointlessness of this discussion.All martial arts have their strengths and weaknesses, but also their techniques specific to the style.Therefore, when a karateka were to fight a TKD or Kung Fu fighter, it is pointless to say "Karate does not stand a chance against Kung Fu" or something similar.fact of the matter is, if you are proficient at what you do, any technique, whether described here as weak or whatever, which is executed skillfully and correctly, has got its merits.It would therefore not take a skillful Martial Artist long to se what his(or her) opponent's favourite or frequently used techniques are, and equally, it will not be rocket science to work out what to use to counter attack.But, as said before, don't expect a total beginner in any martial art to possess lethal skills.It does take many years of training, whatever the art.

Like I said earlier, ALL styles have their own pros and cons.So, whether there is a "best" or "worst" style is very debatable.You can also "kill" with what is not strictly speaking a martial art, namely close combat, as taught in the army.

Just to clarify my previous post, I respect all martial arts, My son is currently taking Karate and has 3 yellow stripes toward his yellow belt, I am so proud of him. I will send a show off pic when I get them on my computer:) :)

Well, Archangel, I think you have every right to be proud of your son.Whatever they achieve merits pride.That is why I am also proud of what I have achieved thus far.Best of luck to the boy in his further training. :P:)

Well each art is normally dependent on the persons likes, not everyone is not going to pick a art just because it seems to have a certain amount of flaws compared to another fighting style I mean most people just learn martial arts just so they can defend themselves in a every day scenario.Anyways just adding I did Karate. ^o^ But yes all fighting styles have their own cons and pros, really its your choice in finding a way to perfect those techniques and make that flaw not so noticeable to the opposing person.