xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dedoran

Bloomsburg University Of Pennsylvania

Hey Everyone!Okay, I am currently a high school junior, thinking about attending Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania! Has anyone ever heard of the university? Well, I have done a lot of research regarding the university, and it is definitely the school for me. I'm thinking about majoring in computer science (B.S.) and then going to graduate school for my Ph.D. I would really like to end up being a college professor of computer science one day, but I guess I will just have to see how it goes in my undergraduate years before I apply for my doctorate. ;)

Well, I can't say I've heard of that particular University. But here is some advice. Make sure their CS degree plan is accredited. This will help you get jobs and won't make you take extra classes outside of the school. Research the professors in the computer science department, find where they went to school and if they have a PhD or are currently working on it. Check Pick A Prof for the school and those teachers to read reviews from the students.

Also, if the school has an online message board you might want to look around it.

Hey Everyone!
Okay, I am currently a high school junior, thinking about attending Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania! Has anyone ever heard of the university? Well, I have done a lot of research regarding the university, and it is definitely the school for me. I'm thinking about majoring in computer science (B.S.) and then going to graduate school for my Ph.D. I would really like to end up being a college professor of computer science one day, but I guess I will just have to see how it goes in my undergraduate years before I apply for my doctorate. ;)

I'd take a cue from Bill Gates: Go for a while, get smart in the liberal arts, then drop out, start your own company and, unlike Billybob, actually retire in a few years. I don't know anything about the University, but I've spent some time in Pennsylvania. It reeks! They generate their electricity from coal-fired plants and the noxious fumes anywhere near one of them will make your eyes water and your lungs bleed. I'd never go to school out there. Have you considered the U. of Washington? They've got really good compsci program and their proximity to MS and the rest surely could be seen as an advantage to geeks... Oh, never mind...

You'll probably have nothing to worry about since they'll be re-enacting the draft anyway, you'll be learning how to survive an urban assault and shoot around corners fighting for "our freedom" or whatever nonsense they sell you on...
Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

I'd take a cue from Bill Gates: Go for a while, get smart in the liberal arts, then drop out, start your own company and, unlike Billybob, actually retire in a few years.

Speaking of that, if you look at a list of the most richest people in the world, about 9/10's of them are either highschool drop outs or college drop outs.

Just goes to show you its all about motivation.