xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Microsoft To Open A Brand New Data Center

Well now this should be a interesting tidbit from everyone across the world, its seems microsoft will be launching a new data centers the size of seven soccer fields worth of servers whichthe article says is about in the "tens of thousands" region. The reason to be able compete with google and yahoo, but what is interesting is the costs which is low especially since you running that many servers at the same time and they mention that the whole build will go through 48 megawatts of electricity. Of course they don't mention a day a week or a month, but I do believe it's a month. The database farm is in Quincy, Washington, but interesting enough google and yahoo don't tell anyone their locations of these massive data farms, maybe the fear of espinoage and even getting a lock on their IP numbers.

But what should be interesting is how long it will take for every hacker, cracker, phreaker, phracker to tap into their system ;). Although I never check but I am curious as to what applications microsoft has produce like the ones googlde and yahoo have so if anyone could provide a link to that I would be interested to find out what they have.

SOURCE

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Seven soccer fields? That's massive. That's pretty tough for the competition... I wish this didn't happen, Microsoft has such a monopoly... If Apple just lowered their prices they could seriously make a comeback and beat Microsoft. Honestly, I'd prefer it. I'd really like a picture, but I'm guesing that won't happen.

Wow a soocer field i wonder how many secruity guards they are going to hire to look over all the servers also who ever gets a job as a secruity guard for those servers must be getting a lot of money or they can pay them in microsfot products.LOL