xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Database Connection Problem phpBB2 installation error

*edit*Ok well the original problem has been solved.I have installed phpBB2 on my new how here. Transfered all of the database files over. On my new forums all of the old posts and everything shows up right.The problem is when I click the "Go to administration panel" at the bottom it links me to log into my ACP on my old forums. It changes the url and all. If I hover over the link it says that it will be directed to the right way, the way I want, but it doesn't.Does anyone know anyway to fix this?

Edited by Damen (see edit history)

Well first off your config.php needs to be in 0666 and not 0777 also make sure store/, cache/, files/ and images/avatars/upload/ folders are set at 0777, your DB info looks correct without looking at you MySQL table. But going through a little test what I suggest is that your delete the username in your MySQL table (make sure to remove the user privilages in the DB) and set up a new one with a different password and see if that works. Thats usually the case when you get a access denied message because the password might be wrong.From the searches I have done it seems the other two errors have to do with your username, I would recommend (unless someone know hows ot fix this) go to phpbb support and see what your problem might be.For ReferenceGOOGLE KEYWORDSWarning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in

Well first off your config.php needs to be in 0666 and not 0777 also make sure store/, cache/, files/ and images/avatars/upload/ folders are set at 0777, your DB info looks correct without looking at you MySQL table. But going through a little test what I suggest is that your delete the username in your MySQL table (make sure to remove the user privilages in the DB) and set up a new one with a different password and see if that works. Thats usually the case when you get a access denied message because the password might be wrong.
From the searches I have done it seems the other two errors have to do with your username, I would recommend (unless someone know hows ot fix this) go to phpbb support and see what your problem might be.

For Reference

GOOGLE KEYWORDS

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in

Alright thanks for the help. I will go try all of that now. Wish me luck!

AWESOME!Thanks a bunch.All I did was delete the old database and users. Made a new database and a new user. Put in all of the info and it worked. Another thing I did was leave the domain localhost. This shouldn't matter because it is on my account.Thanks again!!

Well darn!Now it seems whenever I click the link to the ACP it goes to my old forums ACP...because I still didn't take it down. But it says it is going to direct to the right way when I hover over the link....Anyone think that it is something in the old forum's database that I copied that left the old links the same or something?

Edited by Damen (see edit history)

Well this problem has been solved after countless hair pulling moments!Here is what I did to fix it for anyone else with the problem.Opened my forum database in phpmyadmin. did a search for "damendaman" since my old host was "damendaman.my-php.net"Then I found all of them and replaced them with my new host!Thanks for all of your guys help!