xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnkitGoswami

Test Your Browser For Security take the browser security test

test your browser for security holes:
http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/

This checks for the most commonly occurring security vulnerabilities in the major browsers.In total there are some 40 tests and may take a long time to finish. I have run this test on 4 browsers:
1)IE 7 : 0 vulnerabilities (but the browser goes crazy, opening several windows and applications)
2)IE 6 : 1 medium risk (the browser goes crazy like IE7)
3)Firefox 2.0.0.3: 1 medium risk (i think some plugin might have caused this as some others have had different results)
4)Opera 9.2: 0 vulnerabilities

Notice from jlhaslip:
Posts, especially Opening Posts for a Topic should be longer than a single line. Anything else is considered spam and will be deleted.
What form of security checking does this do? What does it stop from invading your machine? Does it assist or interfere with existing checks? Who would benefit from the check? Lots more information should be provided in Topic opening postings.

Edited by AnkitGoswami (see edit history)

Thanks, I guess. Since I have Mozilla FF, It automaticly checks for those things. It would be nice to have someday, though. Thanks! Hope it works for others!

Thats pretty interesting, i use, what i think is the latest release of FF and i got big fat zeros so it seems im reasonably safe in terms of FF letting someone in. Good to know.

I would say this was a interesting software about 2 years ago, but I wouldn't rely on the results that much because mostly like they have all been patch since then and by the looks of it these tests and from the website they are for IE6 ff1.x and opera 7.x so I don't think Ie7, ff2 and Opera 9.x will check out for it.

Wow, thanks for this link. I ran the tests and it only found one vulnerability in my browser. It is a medium level and has to do with e-mail. As I am running Windows 98 I cannot update as suggested, but I am relieved to know that my setup is so secure.

Opera: PassedMaxthon: PassedFirefox: Don't PassedDamn, every time the hackers are more rude with Firefox... remember those olde times when IE5 & IE6 has flaws and the hackers don't take care about Firefox... :-(

Nice site, i just test my browser..here is the result: Internet Explorer bait & switch race condition - passed Internet Explorer createTextRange arbitrary code execution - passed Windows MDAC ADODB ActiveX control invalid length - passed Adobe Flash Player video file parsing integer overflow - passed XMLDOM substringData() heap overflow - passed Apple QuickTime MOV file JVTCompEncodeFrame heap overflow - passed Apple QuickTime 'QTPlugin.ocx' ActiveX Control Multiple Buffer Overflows - passed

These are my results.I always run IE trough Maxton2: Internet Explorer bait & switch race condition - passed Internet Explorer createTextRange arbitrary code execution - passed Windows MDAC ADODB ActiveX control invalid length - passed Adobe Flash Player video file parsing integer overflow - passed XMLDOM substringData() heap overflow - passed Apple QuickTime MOV file JVTCompEncodeFrame heap overflow - passed Apple QuickTime 'QTPlugin.Ocx' ActiveX Control Multiple Buffer Overflows - passed

This was pretty interesting. I tested my browser (Firefox) and it found no vulnerabilities, which is very good to know. Maybe I'll check Internet Explorer sometime later today. And just a question for others running Firefox...did Firefox block any of your popups or completely restart? It was kind of weird that I still saw the popups and the browser didn't restart even though I passed all the tests.

Edited by bangms (see edit history)