xisto Community
Imtay22

Does Gmail Have Too Much Spam Emails? Vote

Does Gmail give too much spam emails?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you think gmail gives too much spam? I have been a member of gmail for a month now and I have about 200 spam emails! Do, do YOU think they give too much spam? VOTE!

Its not GMail sending you the spam, and they have no way to prevent people actually sending it in the first place. What spam I do receive to my GMail account is put into the spam folder automatically 99.9% of the time. Only 2 or 3 times have I had to manually mark something as spam, and never has it marked legitimate mail as spam.

Well can't GMail set up a filter from sending spam? Like HotMail has not that much spam, and about half of the mail in my inbox is spam. Weird?!

Although recently some have been getting into my inbox, i must say Gmail is my only email account that doesn't receive as much spam as the others. I probably receive probably less than 10 a week, while in the others probably over 200 a week. The trick is not to give out your email freely out there on the internet.

Spam that gets sent to the spam folder doesn't bother me but when it arrives in the inbox it is very irritating. I started getting around 150 spam emails in my yahoo account so i switched to gmail where my inbox is spam free. I know gmail checks for automated and script generated spam 'cause when I run a script to send emails they get sent to the spam folder but i think yahoo does this also and well written scripts can slip emails into the inbox. Lately, I've been getting lots of spam emails asking for my bank account number on the pretext of transfering large sums of money into my account. I don't know why these ppl don't get tired of pestering normal internet users.

As I said, MOST of my spam goes to my inbox, which I really hate. I get like 200 a day though gmail, I think Hotmail dosen't give a lot of spam out.

As I said, MOST of my spam goes to my inbox, which I really hate. I get like 200 a day though gmail, I think Hotmail dosen't give a lot of spam out.

As said above, neither gmail nor hotmail give out spam. I don't know who you give your emails to, but I get 0 spam, in my spam folder or out. I don't get much email either but either way, the spam filter on the accounts can't stop all spam especially if you give your email out to a site that will use your email maliciously. My hotmail account receives tons of spam, its annoying and I can't stop it, so I moved to gmail, I know that if I gave the same people my gmail email then i'd get the same emails, so its not gmail's fault your getting spam, its yours.

Spam emails are not sent from the email provider itself, them are sent from people advertising their products or offers, using the mass email method. I think that these people look somehow at the email addresses created on the email provider and pick many of them randomly, i doubt that is cause you throw your email address over the internet, because i was already getting spam mail right when i created my Gmail account.In really, for me Gmail is the account that gives me more spam messages, but never in my inbox ;) its always on the Spam folder.My Hotmail account never gives me any spam mail, weird thing.

It's the spammers that send you you spammail whats good is that gmail picks up pretty good I let ir run several weeks and I usally get 4-5000 spam a month give or take, I bet I could have gotten none, if I didn't sign up for those survey programs (I never did them anyways). Also once you start publishing your email on website spam bots will pick it up, that why you using either images or different symbols to break the email pattern.

yea ... that true , for me i had no spam be4 ... but when i sing up on a site , i got a lot of spams , so it's it depend on ur use , not on gmail...

When you recive SPAM e-mails to your inbox DON'T move them to trash. Select them and Mark them As SPAM!!

Also you don't need to delete e-mails in your Spam folder couse spam older than a month is automaticly deleted. Curent status 413 spam e-mails ;)

Gmail has the best spam protection so far. Because every spam message I receive goes to the spam folder. And every Automatically generated E-Mail also goes to my SPam folder.PS. You won't get spam if you don't tell people your E-mail

I get a ton of spam in my Gmail account. I think Yahoo was a lot better because I only got a couple of spam messages every now and then. Most of the spam I am getting, however, is from sites that I have registered on, such as free MP3 downloads and such...that kind of thing. I'm thinking about just buying an e-mail address that has better spam protection features and the like.