xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnkitGoswami

Will This Work? will this trick google?

I know that google uses a very advanced algorithm and it even checks if the text colour and background colour are the same, etc but will it catch this:if i put lots of meta related text (but not enough to get it blacklisted) and then at the end of the page include a php file which redirects the page to an unrelated (to the meta data) page?

Um, you'll have to check that out your self. Try making a website that doesn't have much words in it, so you'll know which site is your's in Google. Then change your code, so it redirects. It should work, because I've come across some sites that do this before. But i can't see their code

I've never thought or heard of doing something like that. But it might work, though as csp4.0 mentioned, you're going to want to try that on a site that isn't your actual site, since it would be a shame to either lose the page rank you have now, or have google stop listing your site because you are trying to "fudge" the page ranking system.I know there are a lot of tricks out there that will work, and I'm sure if you search around you might be able to find some of them online, but I'm not too familiar with the whole area myself so I can't really be of much help. I know that my former employer showed me a bunch of tricks that he said he did with Google rankings and such, but that was a while back, and I don't really recall (or understand) much of what he was saying.Best of luck with it ;) Hopefully you can figure something out. Let us know how it goes for you ;)

I believe I read somewhere that Google doesn't allowed "redirecting", I don't know if that would fall into that category, but I think that you would definitely be pushing the limits of getting your site blacklisted. It's all up to you though. If you feel like pushing the limits, go for it. If you really care about your pagerank then I don't think it would be the best idea.

I think it is a bit too risky, and you are better off not doing it. But, if you are willing to take the risk, its up to you. I haven't heard of it been done before myself. But read through all of the rules, or search through them, and see what you can get away with.

If you subscribe to their webmaster tool before you do this, you will receive a warning if they are planning to ban you. After the warning you'll have a few days to modify your site or you will face permanent deletion.

I think it is a bit too risky, and you are better off not doing it. But, if you are willing to take the risk, its up to you. I haven't heard of it been done before myself. But read through all of the rules, or search through them, and see what you can get away with.

I agree with him. Its risky and if found out, you may be blacklisted.
Instead try to improve on the content of the site. A site with good and original content always gets good page rank - provided you publish interesting news frequently.

yeah i tried it as a test. the site rank didn't improve much though I didn't get blacklisted. Anyways I think it is much more important to have some good sites linking to you than having meta related content and you can only do that if you have some good content.