xisto Community
velma

How Clean Is Your Room? Mine is like a blizzard hit town....lol

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey,,,,I wrote this for my mom had told me for the umpteenth time to clean my room....Ok I agree somedays my room can be like a mausoleum where you might find things that you are not looking for and do not find things you are looking for or Step on something and hope to death that it was not your pet....Some parts of my room is a graveyard where you will find coffins(boxes) filled with corpses of old school books and other junk. My clothes seem to have a life of their own for how much ever I try to keep them in the closet, They some how are on the floor by the next day..hmmmm life of their own.But on other days you will see my room looking like a fantasy land smelling very nice and you can clearly see your pet lazing, even the coffins look happy and gay.My clothes are locked up and pressed neatly. I mean you can see my room like this more than the dirty days.I have the mausoleum only when I work too late or try different combinations of my clothes OR try moving the furniture to a different style.Tell me If you have catacombs in your own house.;)Cheers ;)

Edited by velma (see edit history)

My room is generally messy, but when my mom tells me to clean it, it gets slightly better. I move all my stuff from the floor to the closet. When she tells me to clean my closet I move it under my bed, and when she tells me to clean under my bed I sorta scatter it and make it look somewhat nice.

Right now, my room is spic-and-span. Funny, however, that you should mention changing with the seasons because that is exactly what best describes the cleanliness of my room.

My mom and I generally have this understanding: I can clean my room a bit ever and anon but, if she really wants it clean, they have to clear the house for roughly a week.

See, the way I clean is this: I haul everything outside, clean the very floors, walls and ceilings of my room, down to last corner then organize and clean everything as they come back in. It'd be pretty simple, if I didn't have a lot of stuff. Runestones, my Snoopy collection, odds and ends of cordage, notebooks in various states of dustiness and, sometimes, money. Just recently, I found PhP400, which, at the moment is about $8.35 Anyway, the point is, I need just about every surface in the house to put my stuff on while I clean my room.

My mother, on the other hand, loves to plan "family" vacations every summer. (We don't have school during summer) She'd haul us off to someplace in the provinces and build sandcastles on beaches, swim on pools, view scenery and, generally, have fun. I, however, abhor long-haul travel in a land vehicle so I usually come up with an excuse to stay home.

It's is a somewhat uneasy treaty. I grudgingly agree to clean my room while they are away but, in return, I get to "own" the house for a week. I have to feed the dogs myself but I also get to choose what I want to eat, what I want to cook and, sometimes, what I want to do. Not that I usually do much aside from cleaning my room (yes, it does take up a whole day) but it means I can sleep whenever I want. I can slumber in broad daylight and stay up late as much as I want.

So, as you can probably infer, my family had gone on vacation recently. I'm breathing clean, non-dusty air and working on an organized desk.

I'm not being defensive or anything, however, but my room isn't all that bad. Sure, there'd be lots of dust and granular matter but I am pretty sure the only macroorganisms in there are me, an orchid plant and a few spiders. There are no disgusting organisms like fungal lifeforms, roaches, flies or mosquitoes (unlike some people I know, who drink coffee from moldy mugs *shudders*)

Ah, what the heck, I don't have to explain myself, haha. Think whatever you want to think ;)

Believe it or not. My room is very clean! I am not a neat freak...but I just like a clean room. If it is too messy it just gets in the way of doing things in my view. Plus it just looks bad on who you are. You can judge a person by what their room looks like in my view!

My room is usually always neat. I like a neat, clean room because it puts you at peace. You can be at rest. You have nothing to worry about. I can't stand it when my room is messy! I'm not a neat freak or control freak or dorky loser or anything but I definetly prefer a neat room.

My room used to be neat and clean until lately when i've been behind on my school work, havn't really been able to do anything. I'll probably clean it up a bit today as... well I'd be surprised not to find a packrat in here. My closet is somewhat clean as all my stuff ends up on my floor, whatever makes my room messy either doesn't go in the closet or its my clothes that i'm too lazy to hang at the moment. mainly just computer/game stuff and clothes I havn't put away yet. Other than that, the only other sore spot in my room would be my desk as i only make enough space for my laptop to set down and nothing else really, its mainly a bunch of junk that I have no use for, but oh well, I guess i'm the packrat in my room. ;)

Most of the time my room is messy, but it's not like a total pig sty. I DO sometimes clean and organize everything if I have a lot of spare time. After that, the room (and desk) stays clean for a while until school/work starts to bulid up to the point when I can't catch up and clean the room at all. Then, I start to leave clothes on the floor, "forget" to hang up my shirts/jackets, leave documents somewhere EXCEPT in places where I should put them. So...in short, I'm not the most organized person in the world when it comes to keeping my room/desk clean.

I am surprised somebody was willing enough to ask such a bold question as that. Since most of the answers that will be given aren't too pretty to imagine....But, in this case my room on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8, usually. Since my weekly chore is to clean up my room, so I am forced to clean it. But, you would be surprised on how dirty it can get in one week. No, I don't share my room with anybody and still you'll see clothes on the ground that I swear would never fit me in a million years, yet they are in my room. But, I do clean it up and organize it and make it all tidy. What does bother me is when parents, actually just moms clean their sons/daughters room for them. Is this not teaching them any self-discpline? All it is oing is telling them it is okay to throw your clothes on the floor as someone will always clean after you. But, if I had the choice of who would have the burden of cleaning my room, I too would chose my mother ;) Shows how big of a hypocrite I am....

My room is not very messy. I have one stack of papers / school books right next to my desk that has built up over this semester since i have been very busy. Normally, there is nothing on the floor and everything is organized on my desk, etc. For me, i try to clean once i see the dust on my desk and i also try to vacuum every couple of weeks.

Hi bk2070,Yes I do agree with you about all the moms cleaning up the place. My room like I told you is a tornado struck land for you will see things foreign to both the visitor and me on the floor or table.So I came up with a very brilliant idea one lazy afternoon when I could not find my books. I decided that I would clean my room till the last corner and leave access only to my clothes and bare essentials like books and computer.Its like firewalling and it works efficiently for then the room stays clean for a bit longer and I don't use the things I don't need but like I said my things have a life of their own as they tend to get out even after all the efforts.In short the battle still goes on between me and my room Cheers ;)

Even when I was a little girl, my Mom didn't force me to keep my room perfectly clean. As long as I didn't have plates of food growing mold or something equally disgusting / hazardous, she didn't care.When I was off at college, my dorm room was spotless. Gorgeous, even. I actually cleaned every day. I didn't have a TV *or* my computer with me, so I really didn't have a whole lot else to do.But then I lived in my on-campus apartment for a year. It stayed messy - cluttered more than anything else. I mean, I didn't have garbage on the floor or anything gross like that. ;)Now I'm back home with my parents and sibs. I have my old room, which is somehow smaller than it was before I left a few years ago. It's because this room was Mom's office. Her filing cabinets, book cases, et cetera are still in here. I don't have nearly enough room for my stuff. I can't even put up the rest of my shelves because her stuff is still in the way (and I've been home for a whole year as of next month).She and I have agreed, however, that she *has* to do something with her stuff so that I can do something with mine. I have to live here for the next few years (commuting to school now), so I need some space. I can't even do schoolwork in here because almost all of my desk is being used as storage space.In this case, the clutter drives me nuts because I can't move it anywhere else. When I get everything arranged, I'll still have clutter. I'll just be able to move it from one area to another when I need a specific place for something ;)

:lol: I have a good laugh thinking about my room. I am girl so of course we are known for trying to be organized and girly. My room is a complete MESS. There is dirty clothes pilled on everything including the hardwood floor. It smells like how do you say it... like closed... when you haven't opened a window. But my room is weird.. its an organized mess in a way. I know where every shirt is. In the morning when i am getting dressed for school i think of a shirt... and remember that it is on my chair under the pizza box and on top of the dirty pants.. but its ok it doesn't smell so i will wear it. My mom use to try to get me to clean but i just hate cleaning. Don't get me wrong there is probably one day out of a year that i just want to get rid of all the junk in my room. So i go crazy and start cleaning everything. But then i get exhausted and start making a mess all of again. I dont know what it is about me but can not keep my room clean at all. My mom got so fustrated since she is a neat freak she started cleaning my room but then i would get upset because she would move everything around and i sort of knew where everything was. I have noticed that the mess is getting to me though when my boyfriend comes to pick me up for school i get this feeling that i have forgotten something.. when i really haven't so i stand in my room looking around like i am lost. Just thinking for awhile. and then my bf gets mad cause i take long so i leave. most times i find out that i really have forgotten something and something that i really needed. I dont know what to do i keep trying to have my room cleaning but when i change i just throw everything around like crazy. I guess its just a bad habit of mine but i hope one day my room won't be full of junk.

funny, i just cleaned my room two days ago. i usually clean my room either once a month or once every two months. i do this to rid my room of dust. i have to say i'm pretty good at arranging stuff but because of the dust that accumulates, i have to do this often. i change my bed sheet and pillow cases every week or so, depending on how many times i sleep on my bed (when i'm so busy, especially when i was still in college, i usually sleep on the floor beside the computer, or i'm always out of the house). when i was still finishing my thesis, i'm always doing overnight stays in school that's why i hardly touched my room for almost three months. during that time, my mom told our helper to do the initiative to clean my room. i usually don't let people touch anything in my room, and it's not because i am keeping something that i don't want people to find out about, but because i have this issue with knowing where i've placed my things. if i put my watch on my drawer and didn't move it there for a week, i would still be confident that when i come back home, i know i could still find the watch on the drawer. if somebody cleaned my room and placed it somewhere, i easily get pissed off, thinking it was "misplaced". weird, no?every year, i do a major cleaning on my room and by major i mean total cleaning, with scrubbing of the floors and cleaning of the closets and the drawers. i do this during the 30th or 31st of december, depending on the schedule. if i have to do a lot of things during the 31st (we do a lot of cleaning and cooking for the celebration of the new year), i usually clean my room on the 30th and as much as possible i don't sleep on it until the new year comes. yeah, i know. i kinda have this superstitious side of me that becomes too obsessed with cleaning. i do the cleaning on the 31st if i'm not the one cooking for the new year's eve celebration.

My room is and probably always will be squeaky clean, because I'm hardly ever in my room, and there is hardly an stuff in my room. Once a week I vacuum my room and once every month I clean all the draws and stuff

Hey,I recently found the best way of keeping my room clean. Work my bottom off at work and do not touch anything except anything that is needed desperately.Let me elaborate on my new idea...I usually wake up in the morning and feed my animals and finish with personal hygience. I sit at my workstation(computer) and start working without a break and during that time the only thing I touch is the remote control, my food and water, pets and the computer and its accessories. IT WORKS!!!!! no more clothes on the floor nor any dirty thinngs hanging around. If I need to get out I pick out clothes from my cabinet and then when I return I take my clothes off and keep them back.It is a miracle and my mom is proud of me :lol: The key is to keep yourself to distracted or really tired to do some monkey business :D