xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnkitGoswami

Css Issues What is IE7 doing?

Does anyone know of a quick fix to the css problems in IE7? I am making a website for my college and all browsers except ie7 are showing it correctly. (Right now I am using a resolution test to fix this.)

Maybe we could find an answer if you described them more accurately. Or perhaps post a link to your page and we could have a look. IE7 is a more standards compliant Browser than IE6, but still has a few issues.

And the issues I've had with IE 7 concern padding and margins -- easy things to fix, but we'll need examples of what looks weird!

IE7 still refuses to follow standards, so lots of weird problems are created with code that should work, and does with any browser that is well written. If you provide us with details of the problem then it is likely that we can help you. Have a look around QuirksMode too, its a great resource for details about bugs and the weird things browsers do, and most importantly: how to get it to work as it should.

Well the main problem is ie7 is not behaving properly with margins. I checked the resolution and browser (of the user) and included the customised css for that particular setup. But now the only problem is that the page is distorted whenever the user resizes the browser window.Here is part of the css that is causing trouble:

#container{	width: 700px;	margin-left: 40px;	margin-top:0px;	align: center;}

with this css opera and firefox work great at all resolutionsbut i need to include this code to get it to work in ie7 resolution 1024x768(for eg):

#container{	width: 700px;	margin-left: 160px;	margin-top:0px;	align: center;}