xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PlugComputers

Help With Moving Html Form Results To Shopping Cart?

Hello All-

So I think I'm tackling a pretty big project here and was looking for some help... I am fairly new to extensive coding (beyond HTML and a little bit of JavaScript) and wanted to know how I can recall HTML form results on the next page (in a shopping cart) with a price based on the choices picked in the form. It sounds complicated...look at this example:

Check out this page: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

See how when the user goes through and picks all their computer parts a price at the bottom shows the system price based on their selections, thats good. Currently I have it set up where when they click submit, it goes through my form processor and I get an email with their form results. This is good, but I was looking for a way where I can take the price total at the bottom, AND the choices they have selected and put them into a shopping cart, where it can later be purchased. Understand what I'm going for here?

I know this may be a bit extensive, but if there is someone who knows they could handle this we would be willing to pay if you helped get this system setup.

Thanks-

Although I don't have an enough knowledge for this, but couldn't you look at the current shopping cart systems and see if this is a feature at all, I know what you talking about ie dell, alienware, apple websites that do this. I think it would have to with setting up echo statements for each selection and a if statement saying that if these options are selected then display them here.

The site right now is pretty much strictly HTML, its fairly basic all around. The forms are setup with a PHP mailer that sends the results to my email. The price calcualations on the form pages is done via some JavaScript. If your right click ---> View Source you can see it, its a pretty simple calculator like thing to load the price at the bottom...Any suggestions on how I could get this shopping cart implimented?