xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Credit Reset :\

I haven't had hosting on Xisto for a while, mainly because of my Xisto - Web Hosting hosting. I recently was thinking about starting another Xisto subdomain, but i dont think i'm going to do it because I have 130 credits stored up, and if i request for hosting they get reset ;) I really don't understnad the point to this "feature". anybody mind elaborating on the purpose for this, and hopefully remove it?~alex

I think the whole point is so someone doesn't rack up like 500 points, gets hosted, then they don't have to post for a year. It helps keep the forum alive so people will keep posting even after they get hosting.

I'm not sure why the credits are reset, if they are, I thought they just deducted 30. Anyway, you say you haven't been hosting for a while, instead of starting a entire new domain, what you could do, is just get a domain name change, for just 15 credits and avoid a reset this way.

It does? I don't think it did that for me when I got hosted here. Or maybe i had exactly 10 credits and to went down to 0. just ask around to hosted members and ask if that happened to them.

Before i requested hosting, i was going to earn up to 50 credits and apply for Hosting Package #2 then i would have 20 credits to start off. But then i realised that it gets reset to 2-4 credits so applied straight away. I guess it stops users from applying for a hosting package then simply leaving it. If they had say 200 credits then the inactive account would 'linger' for most of the year.

Yeah it is true that once your hosting has been accepted iyour hosting credits get reduce down to two credits and then have to rebuild up again. Its been awhile since this topic was discussed I don't remember if it was discussed or not about reason behind it. I think it had to do with the coding for the actual reset. That why usually people would get the credits needed just for hosting and then apply and the nbuild up. Maybe that could be a recommendation for OpaQue to give an update to the credit script in which you just lose the 10 or 30 credits when you apply and if you got the 10 credit plan you can update to the 30 credit and just lose 30 credits. Without losing everything while you were building on the 10 credit hosting plan.

I like that idea alot more... or even you could just loose 50% say. That way the more people store up before hosting, the more they loose in the long run...