xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seez

The Admins At Trap17 Discussing the admins at Trap17

Hey people of Xisto: what's up? Xisto rules however I would like to discuss the admins at Xisto. (Admins: no offense meant!!)Admins? I have nothing against you and please don't boot me for being offensive, if this post is offensive, because I didn't mean for it to be. I would just like to make a few points about you, the admins.The admins here seem controlling (no offense meant) and mean (no offense meant). They bug you for every little thing you do (no offense meant) and I understand that they are trying to run a forum here but they bother you for everything (no offense meant). They are strict (no offense meant) and make you perfect every little typo or other error (no offense meant).I don't get in trouble alot but the admins always give verbal warnings (no offense meant). And I always put my topics in the wrong place and the admins get mad kind of for no reason (no offense meant). I follow the rules, I don't plagiarize or spam but they always bug me it seems (no offense meant), actually more of the other people not me.I do not speak in IM talk if you wanted to know.That is what I think (Admins: no offense meant!!), but I would like to hear the opinion of other people.(Admins: no offense meant!!)

Edited by seez (see edit history)

Um...I'm gonna let someone else respond to this.But for the record, I think you mean moderators, or all staff, not just admins. There are only two admins, OpaQue and BuffaloHELP, and they are probably the most polite and helpful out of all the staff.

There's no need to say "No offence". I mean, if we were offended you would know. We do not warn anyone for a typo. But we do give verbal warnings if ppl strt tlkin lik ths. Cause itz rlly hrd 2 understnd....All you gatta do is follow the rules, they aren't that hard. and you're life here will be soooo much better.

I've never had a warning from a moderator about my posts being sloppy or anything. Here nor at Xisto. Maybe you just type as if your instant messaging? Mainly they will warn you if you plagiarize or start making it hard to read.

But we do give verbal warnings if ppl strt tlkin lik ths. Cause itz rlly hrd 2 understnd....

And i for one thank the mods for that, i may be a teenager and im on msn every day basically but i hate it when people say things like "i saw u yday u woz wiv dat girl" or something like that, its just irritating, so very irritating, if you cant talk properly then don't talk at all!

I have been warned once for something about a title of a thread, and i must admit it seemed harsh.. though its only a warning, its not like its going to kill me, its there to almost prove a point so it wasn't that bad.

The thing the mods here have to do is balance between a fun, helpful, interesting place to hang out, talk, inform, learn and discuss and a place where intelligent talk is encouraged such as not using IM speak. And also to remove spam and spammers which are a real pain on other forums and to keep the forums active, i know a lot of a forums where one-liners are the norm, needless to say i hardly ever post there but i post here every couple, if not every, day.

And i don't mind them editing my posts now and then if i made a silly typo or a link didn't come out rights or something like that. its a helping hand in my eyes so why not?

imho, I think they are just trying to keep the forum mature, so that people use arguments in the debates and discussions to make their point, instead of just throwing dirt and flaming each other. Also, they have to be controlling, as it's their job, they should control what goes on on these forums to streamline the topics. Of course, no offense meant to you.
(I put this between quote tags to see if you don't get hosting credits for your posts if you put it inbetween quote tags (it's Watermonkey's idea, not my own))

Oh sure... Blame the Monkey... Hey, Seez. Why all the whining? You've only received verbals? You know the mods and admin don't really like moving posts to their correct locations... It's kind of a drag... Also, most people come here looking for some meaningful content and diverse subject matter we can all contribute to on one level or another. And it's really not too much, no really!, no expect of everyone to be able to write well, you know, in "decent English".

The admins here seem controlling (no offense meant) and mean (no offense meant).

Geeez....is this some kind of joke? I hardly think it's necessary to say, "no offense" a dozen times in one post, let alone once. I've got an offbeat sense of humor so I did find this rather humorous.;) But really, as a member who reads a post thoroughly before posting a reply, I've always found it curious and just plain old annoying when an author disclaims his statements with, "no offense," or, "I don't mean to offend," or any number of saccharin euphemisms. Have we really become so fearful as a community that folks feel the need to grovel at every turn?
On the other hand, enforcement of proper language usage should come as no surprise. I for one am glad to hear the board is being maintained as a literate place for those of us who still respect the beauty of the English language.

Agree on that you used the words "no offense" a lot, don't need to apologize since most posts are opinon based. If you couldn't post your opinions without getting harrassed then forums would be the most useless thing on the internet. As long as your opinions have that respect then you have nothing to worry about, but if you plan to be rude and call people names then why bother posting.Like kubi mention if you just start talking in chatroom slang like TTYL or BYOBB or some junk like that then yeah you will be warned. Just think out your posts as you type them and then reread them to make sure everyone can understanding what your post is about.

The moderators help make sure that this forum does not descend into a cesspit of spam, plagiarized content, "txt-spk," and other horrifying (mis)behaviors. If they seem harsh, it's because they're trying to enforce the standards upon which we all agreed when we signed up. You're all lucky that I'm not a moderator. We English majors tend to go ballistic when we see even the tiniest typo *teasing grin* Seriously, though, the moderators's "housekeeping" was (and is) one of the reasons that I decided to use this host for my Web site instead of one of the other "post for hosting credits" sites.

I must comment this beacouse i think this is the funniest post i've ever read on Xisto. seez, you just made me laugh like no one did for a long time. congratulations. ;)

The admins here seem controlling (no offense meant) and mean (no offense meant). They bug you for every little thing you do (no offense meant) and I understand that they are trying to run a forum here but they bother you for everything (no offense meant). They are strict (no offense meant) and make you perfect every little typo or other error (no offense meant).

Perhaps we have been enforcing our forum rules bit tight these days. But after battling with spammers all day, we do strive to give any member a benefit of the doubt by first contacting the member with small notes. When a PM communication fails to alert a member to know and follow our forum rules, we then issue warnings. Instead of choosing to issue warning from the beginning we make every effort to give a new member every possible chance to get to know our forum ;)

And I always put my topics in the wrong place and the admins get mad kind of for no reason (no offense meant).

Knowing our forum rules also includes that you take the time to familiarize yourself with our forum layout. Posting in the correct section is part of you having a membership with our forum. Our forum layout isn't that hard to understand. However, if you ever come across something that you just cannot figure out please feel free to contact me via PM.

(Admins: no offense meant!!)

No offense taken and mentioning only ONCE would have been enough ;)

Wow, I'm going to be a trend follower and bring up the whole 'no offense meant' thing. Once was enough, Now i wont be able to say that without repeating it 50 times in my head. It makes you sound like you really aren't being sincere, throwing it out there doesn't make it any less offensive, nor does it make you seem like you are being sincere, after all it just looks like you want to make sure you don't get in trouble... no offense meant. ;) I don't really have a problem with the Administrators or the Moderators, this board has a LOT of members therefore needs some rules to be strictly enforced. To my memory i haven't really gotten in trouble, I've had some threads moved (which annoyed me, but mostly on my part because i felt like a dork for putting it in the wrong place to begin with...), so maybe thats why I don't get all twisted about the rules, people who tend to get in trouble a lot try to blame the rule makers/followers/enforcers...even if its the person who broke the rules fault. As for placing topics in the wrong place, that is your fault and you shouldn't be mad at the mods for moving it, or becoming a bit annoyed with it, especially if you do it frequently. Besides your threads will have more replies if it is in the correct place. They also prefer you not make so many typos and grammatical errors probably because its a waste of credits, and makes it difficult for people to read and understand what you are trying to say.

Wow, I'm going to be a trend follower and bring up the whole 'no offense meant' thing. Once was enough, Now i wont be able to say that without repeating it 50 times in my head. It makes you sound like you really aren't being sincere, throwing it out there doesn't make it any less offensive, nor does it make you seem like you are being sincere, after all it just looks like you want to make sure you don't get in trouble... no offense meant. ;)

i think that he just wanted to be funny. although maybe he doesn't realize that yet ;) oh and i forgot.. no offense meant Edited by matak (see edit history)

I don't get in trouble alot but the admins always give verbal warnings (no offense meant). And I always put my topics in the wrong place and the admins get mad kind of for no reason (no offense meant). I follow the rules, I don't plagiarize or spam but they always bug me it seems (no offense meant), actually more of the other people not me.

If you read what you wrote then you'd see your not making much sense. You say you don't break the rules, yet it says you always put your topics in the wrong place. I hope you know if you "always" do so than that is called "breaking the rules". And if you ever really talked with the Admins and moderators you'd know they are regular people like you and me trying to keep this forum spam free. And the only way to do so is so be semi-strict. Having rules, that shouldn't be a problem not to follow. And like SM and Kubi said, you do not have to constantly be saying no offense meant. We would've told you if this post was offence or not after you wrote it.