xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Danmidas

Game Console Browsers Or Pc Browsers?

Which type of browser is your favorite?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

with the increased anticipation of all the new Games Consoles and there browsers, do you ever think these will become a great success? I'm on my Nintendo wii right now.so which do you think are best?

Browsing the internet on a game console is like inserting a square peg through a round hole - it's just not meant to be. Controllers make it harder to navigate the page than a standard keyboard and mouse. If you do by chance have the proper attatchments, then still, with the little hard drive space and incompatibility with the most common applications, I would not really use it. Besides, TVs display things in different colors than monitors.

The problem is the TV's resolution makes everything on the internets seem super small. Wii provides a solution by zooming in on the page, but another problem arises where you can't see enough information. If we sat as close to our TV's as we do to our computers, we would be fine, but since we like to relax in a distant chair with game consoles web browsing is inefficient. Additionally they are slow, even the PS3 browser is slow for some reason, lack of RAM probably. Wii is actually pretty fast but it takes too long to type without a keyboard. I think the next generation of game consoles will just drop web browsing all together,its ineffective and a waste of time and money. Though I admit watching youtube on my TV is pretty cool, I'll probably be able to do it better with an Apple TV later this year. Maybe someone will find a solution to this problem and computers will become outdated, but I doubt it. Another problem, by the way, is that web browsers take too long to access - with Wii, it takes about 5 minutes from startup until you actually get to your browsers, but in PC it takes seconds to load up a computer and start browsing.