xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Psychedelic Trance? Any fans?

Who is your fav. Dj?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you listen to psychedelic trance ? Who is your favourite Dj?

psychedelic music

Psychedelia in music (or also psychedelic music, less formally) is a term that refers to a broad set of popular music styles, genres and scenes, that may include psychedelic rock, psychedelic folk, psychedelic pop, psychedelic soul, psychedelic ambient, psychedelic trance, psychedelic techno, and others. Psychedelic rock is also commonly called acid rock.

During the mid to late 1960s music of the psychedelic genre, in the basic sense of the word, was incorporated by almost every band/recording artist at that time (which makes psychedelia a very broad style). However, psychedelia as a strict genre of music is difficult to identify/label because of the many contrasting musical groups that interpreted then demonstrated this concept as their own form of music. It is easy to identify/stereotype music as being "psychedelic" by its potential use of elaborate studio effects (heavy reverb), exotic instrumentation (sitar), and surreal lyrics, but to strictly apply these and other elements as a basis for musical classification is almost irrelevant. Even the heavier and more aggressive bands of the late 60's (MC5, The Litter, Iron Butterfly), implemented typical psychedelic techniques into their songs, but psychedelia was also strongly associated with the lighter or sometimes more mainstream acts of the era (The Beatles, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Sopwith Camel).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelia

Hello Mr Opaque,I did not know that you liked trance.... I like trance a lot and listen to different kinds of D.j's... I like Asterix, Gms, Goan trance...I think it is called and Skazi..These are whom Iam listening to right now..... Hope you can give me a link or something where I can find good trance.hmmm speaking of trance I guess you were totally psychedelic judging by the picture above... Wonder How come I never realized beforeCheers ;)

Edited by velma (see edit history)