xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Do you think you would ever go to heaven? Are you doing something that is against Gods wishes

Hi,I have been reading a lot of posts and have noticed a common thing that people keep saying that "It is against God's wishes". I dont wish to offend anyone.People believe that those who do not follow God's wishes go to hell (Hell is too strong a word but there is no other word to describe it).Basically they are not gonna go to heaven. If your bad that isThese are the people who are going to hell.....Homosexual (I am not sayingit but somebody has said that) ,Atheists(Again somebody had said this) Terrorists, Dishonest people, Murderers, Rapists, Robbers, Politicians, People who eat other things(Again It was not me who said it), Liars and Cheaters........So My question is How many people are gonna actually go to heaven? ;)Every where that you look you see some kind of negativity, How many people have lived the lives of purity?Iam so sorry if I hurt any body But I did not mean to.....Cheers ;)

Edited by velma (see edit history)

I cannot seriously answer that right now; I just gulped down a healthy portion of laughing gas so I'm in a pretty jovial mood right now. There was once a joke where a student "proved" that hell is getting warmer:

1. People of many religions basically say that if you don't worship their God, you will go to hell. Assuming that everyone tells the truth, nobody goes to heaven, ergo, everyone goes to hell.
2. If hell were of a constant volume, the mobs entering it would raise the pressure, effectively raising its temperature, in accordance with Charle's Law
3. On the other hand, if hell expanded to maintain constant pressure, it'd be getting abysmally colder, as stated by Gay-Lussac's Law
4. My girlfriend told me she's have sex with me when hell freezes over.
5. Again, assuming that everyone tells the truth and considering that I still haven't had sex with her, then Hell must be getting warmer by the minute.

Well, you guys can infer right from the start that nobody goes to heaven ;)

Ha ha ha , Good one you took the words right out of my mouth...... I wanted to put a poll where the question would be " Do you think that you are going to heaven" but did not want any body to flame me coz I thought they would get offendedI dont think any one would honestly believe that they would go to heaven... I dont think that Iam going....:) Especially after this post.Anyway on a lighter side Lucifer himself would opt for all of us to be on Earth for Can you imagine all of Xisto in hell lol. We would be the noisiest bunch possible.. Do you think you are allowed to take a computer to hell????Once a relative of mine told me that it is unholy and Blasphemous to be and an atheist and to listen to "Metal".......I laughed my guts out.Cant blame her though she had to listen to like 2 hours of Metallica , S.O.A.D, and I think I was some assorted metal..Anyway back to the topic, SO I guess after what she said I guess Iam going to hell then....;)Sorry If I hurt any body's feelingsCheers ;)

Anyway on a lighter side Lucifer himself would opt for all of us to be on Earth for Can you imagine all of Xisto in hell lol. We would be the noisiest bunch possible.. Do you think you are allowed to take a computer to hell????

And what would I be doing there ? Give free hosting to people in hell .. I guess. umm... Seriously not a good idea. :-)

All my friends are going to hell, heck, I'ld have one boring time in heaven. On top of that, I do everything that God forbids me, except murder... well, of other people then, I've eaten quite some animals in my days. ;) Anyway I think that Hell is just some scaring technique, especially with the fire thing. Also, they say your soul goes to hell right? Well besides the fact that having a soul is less realistic then a unicorn being behind 9-11, I wander if this whole soul thing can feel heat.. and does it have sences?

These are the people who are going to hell.....[1:Homosexual] (I am not sayingit but somebody has said that) ,Atheists(Again somebody had said this) Terrorists, Dishonest people, Murderers, Rapists, Robbers, [2:Politicians], [3:People who eat other things] (Again It was not me who said it), Liars and Cheaters........

[4]So My question is How many people are gonna actually go to heaven? ;)

[1]This one is kinda a half-truth (i.e. a bit deceiving). The Bible says those who practice homosexuality, not insomuch being a homosexual. Is the hard part finding one who doesn't practice it?

[2];) Can we argue against this one? ;)

[3]Can you ask this person to define "other things"?

[4]They say the road to Heaven is narrow.

5. Again, assuming that everyone tells the truth and considering that I still haven't had sex with her, then Hell must be getting warmer by the minute.

:) Good one.

A large result of religion: War and murder!A huge percentage of wars are a result of religion. Certain teachings, terrorism, stories, excuses even. So doesn't that mean that everyone will go to hell? At this rate, our world is turning into hell in itself.For example, religion A has a God and religion B has a different one. Both have different teachings etc. Religion A says that people who follow the path of Religion B will go to hell and vice versa. ;)

[1]A large result of religion: War and murder!

[. . .] [2]Certain teachings, terrorism, stories, excuses even. So doesn't that mean that everyone will go to hell? [. . .]

[3]For example, religion A has a God and religion B has a different one. Both have different teachings etc. Religion A says that people who follow the path of Religion B will go to hell and vice versa. ;)

[1]A large result of religion: Care for others. Hmm, contradiction... What does that mean? I guess we must define what a true follower is. If one mentions one truth, shouldn't we mention the whole truth?

[2]Are you implying that everyone is a terrorist and use certain teachings and stories as an excuse for their terrorism?

[3]Is it the religion that says so or the people? If the religion, i guess this is where people start proving that statement.

Well, acording to South Park, only the Mormans do ;)But, I don't really know if I believe in heaven or hell...what happens after death...all that. But, I guess, for this question, you don't have to believe in it, just know about it...Anyways, according to what people say about who goes to heaven and who doesnt, it seems like very few go. Which would be the devote-down-to-the-word-God lovers (No offense meant if there's any reading this). Because even religous people, priests and (sorry for my limited knowledge) what ever the other religion equivelants are, still do things which could be classed as "sending them to hell". But then again, people do repent (is that the right word?) and have their "sins" forgotten, so maybe alot more than we think have the possibility to go?It's a hard question to guess, to be honest....For me anyways ;)

Hell, purgatory and heaven are three versions of eternal life in Catholic religion. Basicly understanding of those three versions you can achieve much in this life. You can belive in many things in life, money, love, science etc, it's just that you have to be honest to yourself in what you belive. God is eternaly good and will give you a chance on whatever you think is right to you. Also your whole life is going to generate depending on your doings, on those things you belive are right. Taking examples of other people who are maybe bad, but their life is great, or others who are good but their life sucks is not what God cares about. For him you are the only thing that matters. God is in everyone of us, so it can also be said that all of us are some kind of God's.There is many things you can do to make your life right now personal Heaven, or personal Hell. By doing bad to yourself your gonna live in Hell, otherwise you are going to live in Heaven. Just keep your eyes open for values that you are tought to learn, to obey and appreciate in this life you live right now. Most people who are at school maybe know that their parents are going to "love" them more if they are great at school. Parents are going to make your life like heaven if you have all A's. Of course there are exceptions, but that is life, it's complexity and variety is the thing that makes it worth living. If it were all the same to all of us then were would the fun be.

I do believe that sinning can send you to hell; however, I don't believe everyone goes to hell because if you accept christ into your live and accept that jesus died on the cross and rose again to save us from our sins then you can go to heaven. The only way to heaven is through jesus, every one sins so you must repent your sins to get into heaven. If you honestly repent your sins to god then you will be able to get into heaven.

A large result of religion: War and murder!
A huge percentage of wars are a result of religion. Certain teachings, terrorism, stories, excuses even. So doesn't that mean that everyone will go to hell? At this rate, our world is turning into hell in itself.

For example, religion A has a God and religion B has a different one. Both have different teachings etc. Religion A says that people who follow the path of Religion B will go to hell and vice versa. ;)

This absolute (something I wouldn't say on Xisto because I would obviously get banned)
Anyone who goes up to someone of a different religion and says they're going to hell is first of all tactless and second of all not following their own religion very well. Sure, everyone's religion gives them a path to "salvation," but that doesn't mean you should put down others - most religions preach love towards others no matter what.

Seriously, how many times in a day do you hear this? When Christianity is mentioned, people point to the crusades or something, or to the jihads waged by some modern day followers of Islam.First, for Christianity. As far as the crusades are concerned, there was little to no religious involvement in this war. It was designed to take over the Holy Land from non-Christians, sure, but the real reason the crusades were waged was basically an early form of European expansionism and colonialism. Religion and retaking the Holy Land from the heathen was used as an excuse to make war justifiable, but in the end it was all about power and control.

I made a post a while ago about my opinion on religion getting a bad wrap. Nobody had the guts to answer what I said, but, basically, religion is used as an excuse to manipulate people, but that doesn't mean religion causes that. In a lot of cases, religion causes people to love more and gives some people who would otherwise be absolute slime some morals. I'm not saying you can't be a great person without religion, but,
eh, just read the rest of the post here:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/43453-religion-gets-bad-wrap-anti-religious-sentiment-as-a-form-of-discrimination-etc/

Well, as I see it, Velma's asking how many people DO get into heaven.If we assume that all religions are right - well, I'd say no one. Because if you're a Christian, you're da**ed to hell by some other religion, and if you belong to some other religion, you're sent to hell by Christianity.There are some who talk of many paths up the mountains (that is, all religions lead to the same end) - if this is so, then if you lead a good life I suppose you have a pretty good chance of getting into heaven.However, by the strict codes of some religions - no way - if you belong to another faith, you burn in eternal hell fire.On the other hand, perhaps it's the more interesting specimens that go to hell?? Well, I'm just kidding, but since I'm pretty unreligious I suppose I have to take an optimistic view of the matter, arrgghh. No, no, just kidding.Velma has a very interesting point, really. I hold that all religions send each other's followers to hell and no one gets to the 'good place'.

HA ha ha ha ,,,, Good one YratormThis is what I was hoping for.I mean you are totally right for in the end Nobody is going to heaven and all of us are going to stick together as a happy bunch... I wonder though whether Earth itself is being turned into hell.Think about it....In a few more decades all living things except humans will be surviving and the world's temperature will be so high that legally it will be ok for people to walk naked lol.Like in hell where there will be nothing but humans....Anyway we will be doing the Lord and Lucifer a favour by not going to any place but staying on earth.Atleast the plants and animals can go to heaven....;)Thanks all of you for the great inputs... Hopefully I will get more coz this topic is turning out to be great fun.Cheers ;)

"There is no such thing as hell."Well, at least, that's what my co-worker said to me. (She's a Jehovah's Witness) Anyway, she explained to me that they don't believe in hell because, supposedly, people are continually being punished by Satan in hell. Now, their reasoning goes: "Why the hell (pun intended) would Satan punish the people that were gonna be his allies come Armageddon?"I then asked what happens to the bad people."Nothing."No magic, no fireworks, nothing. Simply put, they don't get reborn/resurrected. Good ones, on the other hand, get to sing hymns, play harps and lyres, and pretty much just fly about the clouds 'til the end times. Oh yeah, they also do not believe in purgatories.So for them, maybe, nobody goes to hell, although it not as positive as it sounds ;)P.S. If you've read Dante's Divine comedy, you'd get some insight on how people in hell "suffer". I'm not saying it's true but even for a non-believer like me, it is a very entertaining read.