xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
svsnipa

Driver Verifier

If you are having blue-screens and lockups check your drivers with this: 1. Start / Run / Verifier 2. Keep the default of Create Standard Settings 3. Select the type of drivers you want to confirm 4. A list of drivers to be verified on the next boot will be shown. 5. Reboot 6. If your computer stops with a blue screen, you should get an error message with the problem driver 7. To turn off the Verifier, run verifier /reset

Which operating system are you referring to, because Windows XP does not have this I tried it. Also what file type is it? is it verifier.exe or something else?

EDIT: after looking this up in order to run this verifer you need to open the command prompt window (DOS) and then type in verifier.exe to run this program Here are the more detail versions of how to run this and what it is used for.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/244617
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff545448(v=vs.85).aspx

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Yes it works on my machine also it is really good utility and I haven't even know that something like that esxists in the windows. I always put some linux which boots from the cd and then check in there my drivers and components but this is great really.