xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Stephen King & Dean Koontz!

I love to read them. They are great authors! I have read a total of 15 of their books so far. My parents have almost all of their books.So I was wondering if anyone else loves them like I do?

King is a personal favourite of mine although i'm not sure on Koontz. I read in moderation (usually on holiday or a long trip) but it's usually a Stephan King novel. Recently finished the last Dark Tower book. I have also read misery (my favourite), Pet Semetry, IT, The Shining, Hearts in Atlantis and Cell. I quite like the fantasy/horror genre myself (if not a bit 'overkill' in his most recent) which is what attracts me.

I have like 2 Stephen King books, and 3 Dean Koontz books just laying around my room. My brother let me borrow them, but I'm a slow reader.There was this really good book by Dean Koontz that I can never remember the title. The main thing I can remember is at the beginning two people were fighting because one of them pissed on the other's lawn gnome, and the main guy was being framed for murder. Does anyone know what it was? ;)

Stephen King is one of my all time favorites. The movie adaptions to his books don't really give them justice, but the plot line is always the thing that pulls me into it. I really like his books Carrie and It. They are both great classics for me. He knows how to keep the story interesting throughout the whole book and not just at the middle or end. What I majorly want to do is read the rest of his collection and hopefully I can. :lol:

Stephen King is one of my favourite authors! most like "IT" (best of all!), "The Stand", and insomnia.for those who don't know anything about these books or are too lazy to read at wikipedia:IT - It is a horror novel by Stephen King, published in 1986. It is one of his longest at 1138 pages. Like many of his earlier novels it was published by Viking. Considered one of King's most visceral, graphic works, It deals with themes which would eventually become King staples: the power of memory, the power of a unified group, childhood trauma and the ugliness lurking behind a happy, small-town fa?ade, and minor themes would include racism and, to a lesser extent, homophobia.the summary:The novel is a story of seven friends from the town of Derry, Maine, and is told with the narrative alternating between two different time periods.The novel "It" takes place in two separate time periods: In 1985, when the book was first published, and the main characters are adults, and in 1958, when they are eleven years old. The seven self-proclaimed members of the "Losers' Club" are united in seeking refuge from a gang of bullies led by Henry Bowers. The children each individually discover the existence of a terrifying, child-murdering, shape-changing monster (which they call "It"). Its appearance (about once every 27 years) always brings gruesome acts of violence that culminates in a horrific tragedy, among them a racially motivated arson attack, a homophobic murder, and the explosion of a factory killing numerous children. It is also responsible for the mutilation and killing of George Denbrough in 1957 (in the opening pages of the book), the six-year-old brother of Bill Denbrough, the leader of the Losers. The strange seven-way friendship begins with Ben Hanscomb. Being a complete social outcast due to his obesity, Ben is happy to start off his summer break. As he walks away from the library, Ben is attacked by Henry Bowers and his friends Victor Criss, and "Belch" Huggins. He escapes into the Barrens, a tract of wilderness taken for granted by most of the town of Derry. In the mean time Bill Denbrough and Eddie Kaspbrak, who are building a dam on a stream on the Kenduskeag River, are questioned by Henry, asking if they saw a "fat kid". After being told a flat out "no" Henry, Belch, and Victor destroy the small dam. One of them punches Eddie. Eddie has an asthma attack but has no more medicine in his aspirator.Despite being obese, Ben manages to out run them just in time to hide in behind a bush. While hiding, he falls asleep and has a flashback-nightmare of a clown/mummy he saw the previous winter. When he awakens two hours later, he finds that two kids, namely "Stuttering Bill" Denbrough and Eddie Kaspbrak, have been attacked by Bowers. Bill, who will later be the headstrong leader of the group, asks Ben to look after Eddie who has bad asthma, while he gets Eddie's aspirator refilled. As Bill rides faster then he ever has on his bike to save Eddie, Ben and Eddie become friends. Bill returns, and shows Ben the dam they were working on before Henry and his goons brutally crushed it. The next day, Bill invites Eddie and Ben, as well as Stan Uris and Richie Tozier. Ben, being a very good builder, instructs the operation. As they are admiring their work, an Irish cop finds them, and lectures them about how they might flood the Kenduskeag. As time goes by, Beverly Marsh, is drawn into the soon- to-be Losers. One day, Bill reveals that he had an encounter with It, which had seemingly possessed his brother George's album. One by one, the others admit that they have had similar experiences. They now form the first of the Losers, a club with members who are brought together by their fear of Henry Bowers, and the more ominous It. Mike Hanlon, the only black kid in Derry in a time of racism, is chased by Henry Bowers into the Barrens, where he meets the Losers. When Henry, Victor, "Belch", Peter Gordon (an obnoxious, spoiled kid), and "Moose" (a farmer's son, who lives on the same road as Mike), find them, the Losers had already gathered many rocks, which they begin to throw at them. While his friends leave, Henry swears revenge on all seven of the Losers.It appears in many forms, and takes the shape of its prey's worst fear (e.g., vampire, werewolf, leeches, hobos with syphilis, or mummy, and in one case the creature from the black lagoon), but most often appears as a sadistic, malevolent, balloon-wielding clown by the name of Bob Gray, or Pennywise the Dancing Clown. The children find Its lair and battle It, wounding the monster badly but not killing it. They make a pact to reunite and fight the creature again if it returns. All the Losers but one later move away from Derry and completely forget about the events. Mike Hanlon, who has become the town librarian, remains. He calls the other six characters in 1985, when It returns and the killings begin once more. Only five of the other Losers return to Derry to once again confront It and resurrect their harrowing and long-forgotten memories. The sixth, Stanley Uris, is dead, having committed suicide rather than face the ancient terror.All, except Mike, have gone on to fame and wealth:Stanley was a partner in a large Atlanta accounting firm. Ben Hanscom is a world-famous architect. Richie Tozier is a nationally syndicated disc-jockey and radio celebrity. He specializes in voicing wild characters and impressions. Beverly Marsh, the only female in the group, is a renowned fashion designer. Married an abusive man named Tom Rogan. Bill Denbrough, now a successful horror fiction writer, has married an actress (met while working on a film adaptation of one of his best-selling novels), named Audra, who bears a striking resemblance to Beverly. Eddie Kaspbrak (a hypochondriac whose asthma is psychosomatic) owns a limousine service catering to the wealthy and famous. The stamp of their unhappy childhoods is evident, however: none of them have children; Bev's husband is an abusive man just like her father; and Eddie married a morbidly obese, neurotic woman bearing a strong resemblance to his mother. Ben, Richie, and Mike have remained single. During a conversation, between the six Losers as adults (with the exception of Stan Uris, who committed suicide rather than face It again), the reader is informed that Bill and Audra have both tried to have children, and despite that they are fertile, have failed. Beverly admits to having the same problem (but she is not sure that her husband, Tom, is fertile; he refused to get tested himself).Henry Bowers, the crazed bully who tormented the Loser's Club as kids, also emerges from the shadows of their pasts; he was committed to Juniper Hill, an insane asylum, nearly thirty years earlier, and is goaded by It into escaping and returning to Derry to kill the remaining six. The book turns to all-out fantasy at the end as the details of Its origins and its sinister ties to Derry, Maine are revealed. An ancient magic ritual involving an enormous battle of wills is used by the Losers to fight It (during which Eddie loses his life). It is eventually destroyed by Bill who punches his way into Its body and crushes Its heart in his hands. One unfortunate side-effect of killing It is that the memories the Losers have of each other fade quite quickly, although the up-beat ending leaves the implication that while they may not remember each other exactly, they know that they will always be friends.Insomnia - Insomnia is a novel written by Stephen King and first published in 1994. Like It and Dreamcatcher, its setting is the fictional town of Derry, Maine.Plot summary:The novel deals with Ralph Roberts, a retired widower who begins to suffer from insomnia. As the condition worsens, he begins to see things that are invisible and intangible to others: colorful manifestations of life-force surrounding people auras, and diminutive white-coated beings he calls "little bald doctors", due to their appearance. Roberts becomes perceptive of other planes of reality and their influence upon the "real" world. Eventually, he finds that a friend of his, Lois Chasse, is also a sufferer. She joins him in his efforts to thwart the growing evil and learns the truth about the doctors ? Lois and Ralph refer to these beings as Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos, the Moirae of mythology. The background for the story is an approaching confrontation between women's rights groups and pro-life activists.The story climaxes with Ed Deepneau, a deranged maniac and former neighbor of Roberts and Chasse, attempting to crash a light plane containing C4 explosives into the Derry Civic Center during a heavily-attended rally while under control of an entity called The Crimson King. Ralph and Lois think Ed's intention is to kill thousands of people in the immediate area; however, Ed is only brainwashed into becoming a kamikaze to help fulfill The Crimson King's true motive. The Crimson King wishes to kill a boy named Patrick Danville who plays a key role in The Dark Tower. Ralph defeats the King and forces the light plane to crash into the parking lot, sparing Patrick's life and allowing him to fulfill his destiny and setting the path for the Dark Tower series. The doctors explain that Ed's innocent daughter Natalie will die if things are left to their own, but Ralph makes a deal which will allow him to trade his life for Natalie's.the stand - The Stand is a post-apocalyptic science fiction / horror / adventure novel by Stephen King originally published in 1978. It re-works the scenario in King?s earlier short story, "Night Surf" (included in the short story collection Night Shift). It is widely hailed by critics and fans as one of his best novelsThe novel was re-released as The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition in 1990. King restored some text originally cut for brevity, added and revised sections, changed the setting of the novel from 1980 to 1990, and updated a few pop culture references accordingly. This edition featured art by Berni Wrightson.A TV miniseries based on The Stand and scripted by King himself was released in 1994.Plot summary"Captain Trips"The novel is divided into 3 parts, or books. The first is entitled "Captain Trips" and takes place over 19 days, with the death of most of the human population in North America (and the world?it is hinted that General Starkey?s men released the virus in eastern Europe, Red China and the Soviet Union, though no mention of the southern hemisphere is made) following the escape and spread of a human-made biological weapon, a superflu (influenza) virus known formally as "Project Blue" and colloquially as "Captain Trips." 99.4% of people are susceptible to Captain Trips, and the disease has a mortality rate of 100%. King outlines the total breakdown and destruction of society through widespread violence, the failure of martial law to contain the outbreak, and eventually the death of virtually the entire population. The human toll is also dealt with as the few survivors care for their families and friends, dealing with confusion and grief as their loved ones ultimately succumb to the flu, which has inexplicably spared them.The expanded edition opens with a prologue entitled "The Circle Opens" that offers greater detail into the circumstances surrounding the development of the virus and security breach which allowed its escape from the compound where it was created."On the Border"Intertwining cross-country odysseys are undertaken by a small number of survivors, including a pregnant college student and an overweight high school outcast from Ogunquit, Maine (Frances Goldsmith and Harold Lauder, respectively); a factory worker from the fictional, tiny Arnette, Texas (Stuart Redman); a disillusioned pop musician from New York City (Larry Underwood); an insightful deaf-mute wanderer originally from Nebraska (Nick Andros); a virginal kindergarten teacher with a dark secret from New Hampshire (Nadine Cross); a savage, amnesiac and telepathic boy (Leo "Joe" Rockway); a quick-witted, pessimistic sociology professor from New Hampshire (Glen Bateman) and his dog, an Irish Setter named Kojak?one of the very few dogs immune to the plague; a jolly, easy-going farmer from Oklahoma (Ralph Brentner); and a kind-hearted mentally retarded man from Oklahoma (Tom Cullen). They are drawn together by their shared dreams of a 108-year-old black woman from Hemingford Home, Nebraska, whom they see as a refuge and a representation of good in the struggle of good versus evil. This woman, Abagail Freemantle (known as "Mother Abagail"), becomes the spiritual leader of this group of survivors, directing them to Boulder, Colorado, referred to as "the Free Zone" (officially "The Boulder Free Zone"), where they begin to reestablish a democratic society; much of this section of the book involves the struggles to create an orderly society more or less from scratch. Boulder is found to have considerably fewer plague victims than other cities due to a mass exodus following a false rumor in the early stages of the plague that the outbreak originated in the Boulder Air Test Center. While many corpses are present there, they number far fewer than any other major city in the North America.Meanwhile, another group of survivors includes a not-too-bright common thief (Lloyd Henreid); a schizophrenic pyromaniac (Donald Merwin Elbert, known as "the Trashcan Man"); an ex-Army cook and butcher (Whitney Horgan); an unstable, oversexed teenager (Julie Lawry); a pirate-like hood ("the Rat Man"); and a former detective of the Santa Monica Police Department (Barry Dorgan) are drawn to Las Vegas, Nevada by Randall Flagg (known as "the Dark Man," "the Hardcase," and "the Walkin? Dude"), an evil being with supernatural powers; he represents the evil, opposite side of Mother Abigail's survivors. Flagg?s rule is tyrannical and brutal, using crucifixion, torture and other torments as punishment for those who are disloyal. His group is able to quickly reorganize their society and rebuild the city."The Stand"The stage is now set for the final confrontation as the two camps become aware of one another, and each recognizes the other as a threat to its survival, leading to the "stand" of good against evil. There is no pitched battle, however. Instead, at Mother Abagail?s behest, Stu, Larry, Ralph and Glen set off on foot towards Las Vegas. Stu is injured en route and drops out, but the rest soon encounter Flagg?s men who take them prisoner. Flagg gathers his entire collective to witness the men?s execution, but before it can take place, Trashcan Man arrives with a nuclear warhead and a giant glowing hand?"The Hand of God"?detonates the bomb, destroying Flagg?s followers.Stu, with the aid of Kojak and later Tom Cullen, survives injury, illness and a harsh winter. The three of them arrive back in Boulder soon after the birth of Fran?s baby. Although the baby falls ill with the superflu, he is able to fight it off. In the end, Stu and Fran decide to return to Maine, and the original edition of the novel ends with the two of them questioning whether the human race can learn from its mistakes. The answer, given in the last line, is ambiguous: "I don?t know."The expanded edition follows this with a brief coda entitled "The Circle Closes," which leaves a darker impression and fits in with King?s ongoing "wheel of ka" theme.

I am definatly a King fan! No doubt about it! I have read most of his books, and watched all the movies. Needful Things is probably one of my favorites, and the Stand. And of all the famous celebrities in the world, if I could pick one to meet in person, it would have to be King. Ya just gotta wonder what he is really like, with a mind like that, that can write such weird, twisted stories.

Stephen King is THE BEST i am a big fan I read 45 stephen king book .... almost everything transladedto hungarian languageevery time when i get to the library i looking for a new stephen king book and read it .... but this not happend oftenly he dont write this like as speed i can readthe best books for me is Pet Sematery (is the best for me, movie too) , Carrie ,Cujo , Christine , Needful Things , Misery , The Dark Half , The Dead Zone , Dolores Claiborne , The Eyes of the Dragon , Jerusalem's Lot , Rose Madder , The Stand , Tommyknockers , Gerald's Gamebut i hate THE DARK TOWER i really hate i reading the 4 part 3 years ..... and i have to read 5,6,7 :P pittyI reed Dean R Kontz too he had god books but some are so unnatural forgive me my englis

STEPHEN KINGS all written works1408 Short Story 2002All That You Love Will Be Carried Away Short Story 2002Apt Pupil Short Story 1982Autopsy Room Four Short Story 2002Bag of Bones Novel 1998The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet Short Story 1985Battleground Short Story 1978Beachworld Short Story 1985Big Wheels: A Tale of the Laundry Game (Milkman #2) Short Story 1985Black House Novel 2001Blaze (Written as Richard Bachman) Novel 2007The Body Short Story 1982The Boogeyman Short Story 1978The Breathing Method Short Story 1982Brooklyn August Short Story 1993Cain Rose Up Short Story 1985Carrie Novel 1974Cell Novel 2006Chattery Teeth Short Story 1993Children of the Corn Short Story 1978Christine Novel 1983The Colorado Kid Novel 2005Creepshow I Comic Book 1982Crouch End Short Story 1993Cujo Novel 1981Cycle of the Werewolf Illustrated Novel 1984Danse Macabre Non-Fiction 1980The Dark Half Novel 1989The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger Novel 1982The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three Novel 1987The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands Novel 1991The Dark Tower IV: Wizard & Glass Novel 1997The Dark Tower V: Wolves of The Calla Novel 2003The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah Novel 2004The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower Novel 2004The Dead Zone Novel 1979The Death of Jack Hamilton Short Story 2002Dedication Short Story 1993Desperation Novel 1996Different Seasons Story Collection 1982The Doctor's Case Short Story 1993Dolan's Cadillac Short Story 1989Dolan's Cadillac Short Story 1993Dolores Claiborne Novel 1992Dreamcatcher Novel 2001The End of the Whole Mess Short Story 1993Everything's Eventual Short Story 2002Everything's Eventual Story Collection 2002The Eyes of the Dragon Novel 1987The Fifth Quarter Short Story 1993Firestarter Novel 1980For Owen Short Story 1985Four Past Midnight Story Collection 1990From a Buick 8 Novel 2002Gerald's Game Novel 1992The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Children's Book TBDThe Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Novel 1999Gramma Short Story 1985Graveyard Shift Short Story 1978Gray Matter Short Story 1978The Green Mile 1: The Two Dead Girls Serial Novel 1996The Green Mile 2: The Mouse on the Mile Serial Novel 1996The Green Mile 3: Coffey's Hands Serial Novel 1996The Green Mile 4: The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix Serial Novel 1996The Green Mile 5: Night Journey Serial Novel 1996The Green Mile 6: Coffey on the Mile Serial Novel 1996The Green Mile Novel 2000Head Down Non-Fiction Story 1993Hearts in Atlantis Story Collection 1999Here There Be Tygers Short Story 1985Home Delivery Short Story 1993The House on Maple Street Short Story 1993I Am the Doorway Short Story 1978I Know What You Need Short Story 1978In The Deathroom Short Story 2002Insomnia Novel 1994It Novel 1986It Grows on You Short Story 1993The Jaunt Short Story 1985Jerusalem's Lot Short Story 1978L.T.'s Theory of Pets Short Story 2002The Langoliers Short Story 1990The Last Rung on the Ladder Short Story 1978The Lawnmower Man Short Story 1978The Ledge Short Story 1978The Library Policeman Short Story 1990Lisey's Story Novel 2006Little Sisters of Eluria Short Story 2002The Long Walk Novel 1979Luckey Quarter Short Story 2002Lunch at the Gotham Cafe Short Story 2002The Man in the Black Suit Short Story 2002The Man Who Loved Flowers Short Story 1978The Man Who Would Not Shake Hands Short Story 1985The Mangler Short Story 1978Memory Short Story 2006Misery Novel 1987The Mist Short Story 1985The Monkey Short Story 1985Morning Deliveries (Milkman #1) Short Story 1985The Moving Finger Short Story 1993Mrs. Todd's Shortcut Short Story 1985My Pretty Pony Short Story 1993My Pretty Pony (limited edition) Short Story 1989My Pretty Pony Short Story 1989Needful Things Novel 1991The Night Flier Short Story 1993Night Shift Story Collection 1978Night Surf Short Story 1978Nightmares & Dreamscapes Story Collection 1993Nona Short Story 1985On Writing Non-Fiction 2000One for the Road Short Story 1978Paranoid: A Chant Short Story 1985Pet Sematary Novel 1983The Plant Serial Novel 2000Popsy Short Story 1993Quitters, Inc. Short Story 1978The Raft Short Story 1985Rage Novel 1977Rainy Season Short Story 1993The Reach Short Story 1985The Reaper's Image Short Story 1985The Regulators Novel 1996Riding the Bullet Short Story 1999Riding the Bullet Short Story 2002Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption Short Story 1982Road Virus Heads North, The Short Story 2002Roadwork Novel 1981Rose Madder Novel 1995The Running Man Novel 1982Salem's Lot Novel 1975Secret Window, Secret Garden Short Story 1990Secret Windows Non-Fiction 2000The Shining Novel 1977Six Stories Story Collection 1997Skeleton Crew Story Collection 1985Sneakers Short Story 1993Sometimes They Come Back Short Story 1978Sorry, Right Number Short Story 1993The Stand Novel 1978The Stand, The Complete and Uncut Edition Novel 1990Storm of the Century Screenplay 1999Strawberry Spring Short Story 1978Suffer the Little Children Short Story 1993The Sun Dog Short Story 1990Survivor Type Short Story 1985The Talisman Novel 1984The Ten O'Clock People Short Story 1993That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French Short Story 2002Thinner Novel 1984Tommyknockers Novel 1987Trucks Short Story 1978Umney's Last Case Short Story 1993Uncle Otto's Truck Short Story 1985The Wedding Gig Short Story 1985The Woman in the Room Short Story 1978Word Processor of the Gods Short Story 1985You Know They've Got a Hell of a Band Short Story 1993STEPHEN KINGS movies Apt Pupil Movie 1998Bag of Bones Movie TBDCarrie Movie 1976Cat's Eye Movie 1985Children of the Corn Movie 1984Christine Movie 1983Creepshow I Movie 1982Creepshow II Movie 1987Cujo Movie 1983The Dark Half Movie 1993The Dead Zone Movie 1983Desperation TV Movie 2005The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer Movie 2003Dolores Claiborne Movie 1995Dreamcatcher Movie 2003Firestarter Movie 1984The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Movie TBDThe Golden Years TV Series 1991Graveyard Shift Movie 1990The Green Mile Movie 1999Hearts in Atlantis Movie 2001It TV Movie 1990Kingdom Hospital TV Series 2004The Langoliers TV Movie 1995The Mangler Movie 1995Maximum Overdrive Movie 1986Misery Movie 1990The Mist Movie TBDNeedful Things Movie 1993The Night Flier Movie 1997Nightmares and Dreamscapes TV Movie 2006Pet Sematary Movie 1989Quicksilver Highway TV Movie 1997Riding the Bullet Movie 2004Rose Red TV Movie 2002The Running Man Movie 1987Salem's Lot TV Movie 1979Salem's Lot TV Movie 2004Secret Window Movie 2004The Shawshank Redemption Movie 1994The Shining Movie 1980The Shining TV Movie 1997Silver Bullet Movie 1985Sleepwalkers Movie 1992Sometimes They Come Back TV Movie 1991Stand By Me Movie 1986The Stand TV Movie 1994Storm of the Century TV Movie 1999The Sun Dog Movie TBDThinner Movie 1996Tommyknockers TV Movie 1993Trucks TV Movie 1997Word Processor of the Gods(Tales from the Darkside, Season 1, Episode 9) TV Show 1985

a short overview some Stephen King's book
the best for mee

Pet Sematary (1993)

The road in front of Dr. Louis Creed's rural Maine home frequently claims the lives of neighborhood pets. Louis has recently moved from Chicago to Ludlow with his wife Rachel, their children and pet cat. Near their house, local children have created a cemetery for the dogs and cats killed by the steady stream of transports on the busy highway. Deeper in the woods lies another graveyard, an ancient Indian burial ground whose sinister properties Louis discovers when the family cat is killed.

Rose Madder (1995)

Rosie Daniels flees from her husband, Norman after fourteen years in an abusive marriage. During one bout of violence, Norman caused Rosie to miscarry their only child. Escaping to a distant city, Rosie establishes a new life and forges new relationships. Norman Daniels, a police officer with a reputation for cruelty, uses his law-enforcement connections to track his wayward wife.

Needful Things (1991)

Leland Gaunt opens a new shop in Castle Rock called Needful Things. Anyone who enters his store finds the object of his or her lifelong dreams and
desires: a prized baseball card, a healing amulet. In addition to a token payment, Gaunt requests that each person perform a little "deed," usually a seemingly innocent prank played on someone else from town. These practical jokes cascade out of control and soon the entire town is doing battle with itself. Only Sheriff Alan Pangborn suspects that Gaunt is behind the population's increasingly violent behavior.

Misery (1987)

Novelist Paul Sheldon has plans to make the difficult transition from writing historical romances featuring heroine Misery Chastain to publishing literary fiction. Annie Wilkes, Sheldon's number one fan, rescues the author from the scene of a car accident. The former nurse takes care of him in her remote house, but becomes irate when she discovers that the author has killed Misery off in his latest book. Annie keeps Sheldon prisoner while forcing him to write a book that brings Misery back to life.

Carrie (1974)

The story of misfit high-school girl, Carrie White, who gradually discovers that she has telekinetic powers. Repressed by a domineering, ultra-religious mother and tormented by her peers at school, her efforts to fit in lead to a dramatic confrontation during the senior prom.

Christine (1983)

A love triangle involving 17-year-old misfit Arnie Cunningham, his new girlfriend and a haunted 1958 Plymouth Fury. Dubbed Christine by her previous owner, Arnie's first car is jealous, possessive and deadly.

Cujo (1981)

The Cambers' once-friendly St. Bernard turns into a killer after being bitten by a rabid bat. Donna Trenton's husband is in New York trying to contain a disastrous ad campaign. Feeling abandoned by her workaholic husband, who is frequently out of town, Donna Trenton embarks on an affair with a local handyman. Left to fend for herself, she takes her ailing Pinto to Joe Cambers' garage for repairs only to be trapped with her son Tad in the sweltering car by the monstrous dog.

Dark Half (1989)

For years, Thad Beaumont has been writing books under the pseudonym George Stark. When a journalist threatens to expose Beaumont's pen name, the author decides to go public first, killing off his pseudonym. Stark isn't content to be dispatched that easily, though. Beaumont's alter ego comes to life and begins to stalk those responsible for his demise. The police suspect Beaumont is responsible for these violent crimes.

The Dead Zone (1979)

Waking up from a five-year coma after a car accident, former schoolteacher Johnny Smith discovers that he can see people's futures and pasts when he touches them. Many consider his talent a gift; Johnny feels cursed. His fianc�e married another man during his coma and people clamor for him to solve their problems. When Johnny has a disturbing vision after he shakes the hand of an ambitious and amoral politician, he must decide if he should take drastic action to change the future.

Dolores Claiborne (1992)

Suspected of killing Vera Donovan, her wealthy employer, Dolores Claiborne tells police the story of her life, harkening back to her violent husband, disintegrating marriage and the suspicious death of Joe Claiborne thirty years earlier. Dolores also tells of Vera's physical and mental decline and of her loyalty to an employer who has become emotionally demanding in recent years.

Eyes of the Dragon (1987)

Once upon a time, in the Kingdom of Delain, King Roland is murdered and his son and heir, Peter, is framed for the crime. Peter and his loyal friends must battle an evil wizard and Peter's usurper brother, Thomas, for the throne. Imprisoned in a tower, Peter conceives an escape plan that will take him years to execute before taking on Flagg, the powerful sorcerer who has masterminded this coup.

Gerald's Game (1992)

Gerald and Jessie Burlingame have gone to their summer home on a warm weekday in October for a romantic interlude. After being handcuffed to her bedposts, Jessie tires of her husband's games, but when Gerald refuses to stop she lashes out at him with deadly consequences. Still handcuffed, she is trapped and alone. Painful memories from her childhood bedevil her. Her only company is a hungry stray dog and the sundry voices that populate her mind. As night comes, she is unsure whether it is her imagination or if she has another companion: someone watching her from the corner of her dark bedroom.

'Salem's Lot (1975)

One of my high school classes was Fantasy and Science Fiction, and one of the novels I taught was Dracula. I was surprised at how vital it had remained over the years; the kids liked it, and I liked it, too. One night over supper I wondered aloud what would happen if Dracula came back in the twentieth century, to America. "He'd probably be run over by a Yellow Cab on Park Avenue and killed," my wife said. That closed the discussion, but in the following days, my mind kept returning to the idea. It occurred to me that my wife was probably right�if the legendary Count came to New York, that was. But if he were to show up in a sleepy little country town, what then? I decided I wanted to find out, so I wrote 'Salem's Lot, which was originally titled Second Coming.

http://stephenking.com/

My friend is obsessed with Stephen King and dean koontz so she lend me some of their books. I just love them. I love that genre. I had never read any of their books before my friend introduced me to their work and i just can't say enough how good they are.

I love to read them. They are great authors! I have read a total of 15 of their books so far. My parents have almost all of their books.
So I was wondering if anyone else loves them like I do?

I have always loved them too! I happen to like Koontz a bit more, but it is close. They are part of the reason I have been working on a few books myself. I won't say for how long here now. Your love for the genre makes me wonder what you would think of a taste of my book. I have the first chapter of the first book in a pentology, up on my site. The second book is already written but I have decided it needed to come after this first novel. I would like very much if you visited my site and read the partial first chapter and gave me your opinion on it. By the way I also am from Nebraska. The story setting is in a fictional area here in our home state. The characters and the locations are all based off collections of traits people I have known and met, and places that are real. No one person or place is an actual copy of a place or person but od several. The main characters are as well as the minor ones are all flawed in thier own ways that reflect may of the real people I have had the privaledge to now. Yes they have eccentricities that have been magnified a bit, but not beyond reality. This is a dark storyline with paranormal as well as human evils. Who knows you may hate it or love it. Whatever your opinion it will be valuable to me. If you wish to you can also contact me from the site with any questions.
Thanks, E. A. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

from this huge list http://forums.xisto.com/topic/46929-stephen-king-dean-koontz/#entry361477 i have read only 5 of them and only with these five, i can say Stephan King is a great author. first book i read was Christine Novel form King, very nice written horror book about a car named Christine which is supernatural car with some unbelievable abilities like in the first of the book when the main character is buying the car, it repairs itself. This car kills peoples and whom they are related to the main character and so polices think that the main character is responsible for those murders but two friends of the main character try to stop the supernatural thing, anyway end of story is somehow not completely understandable as part of it depends on yourself to how you want to end it. I have seen some movies later with same story but this story only fits for reading not for making a movie, so i like the book very much but never like those type movies at all which trying to show a murderer car.another one is "Graveyard Shift" which was a short story i read it translation in a local magazine but i remember it completely because it was very amusing. it was about a person working in a textile mill which was sent by some other workers to clean basement of that place, when they get to the basement they face many strange animals (most rats as i remember with a queen rat) that are trying to eat them. actually i think some of horror movies we see these days are inspired fro King's novels, he was always thinking of something weird to happen to normal people while they are doing they regular work. i still have that magazine in my archive because i really liked it.i like Dean Koontz too but i only have read one book from him , it was Strangers with story about some people gathered together in a desert from various places for unknown reason, they will try to find out why they are here and what should they do. the story will probably reminds you those horror movies we see releasing every year with the same story about some people gathered for some reason and they have to find it. i think reading a horror book is better than seeing one because it is more detailed and you will understand it completely not like these unfinished movies that we can see. the book is really great and there is no doubt in that but i have not found any other book from him yet, i mean if you go to a normal bookshop and say the name of the King, they will give you at least 20 title but if you say Koontz name you can not find more than 1 or 2 (which i can find only 1 :D), so i have to buy its pdf which is not as good as a paper book.